Lancôme Definicils Waterproof High Definition Mascara

Filtered by hair type : Other

3.8

ISODODECANE, CERA ALBA / BEESWAX / CIRE D'ABEILLE, AQUA / WATER / EAU, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, CARNAUBA / CARNAUBA WAX / CIRE DE CARNAUBA, ALLYL, STEARATE/VA COPOLYMER, PARAFFIN, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, VA/VINYL BUTYL BENZOATE/CROTONATES COPOLYMER, TALC, POLYVINYL LAURATE, SODIUM, POLYMETHACRYLATE, PROPYLPARABEN, METHYLPARABEN, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, POLYQUATERNIUM-10, [ /- MAY CONTAIN CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, CI 75470 / CARMINE, CI 77288 / CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289 / CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE, GREEN, CI 19140 / YELLOW 5 LAKE, CI 42090 / BLUE 1 LAKE ]

This stuff rocks. It's VERY expensive but is very waterproof, holds a curl, doesn't flake, comes in a good not too dark brown color and has an amazing brush. Bought for a special occasion but would nit use everyday. Too $$$

Initially got this through a friend's recommendation (she always had gorgeous lashes!). Have it in navy blue. It was light enough to hold a curl but didn't thicken my lashes as much as I expected. It also lengthened my lashes nicely, but tends to flake after a few hours if too many coats are applied. Doesn't streak or smear, so far. Overall, it's a good staple mascara.

This is the perfect mascara for me. It defines and separates better than anything I've ever tried (and believe me, I've tried lots of mascaras!) It adds volume and length fabulously, without getting goopy and thick.

The price may be steep, but for me it's worth it, considering how much money I've wasted on inferior drugstore mascaras.

Also, this product is perfect for contact lens wearers. My eyes tear often, and this waterproof formula holds up better than anything else. If you're fed up with clumpy mascara, you must try this!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Though this isn't a perfect product (very stick and hard to remove- but that could be a benefit since it's TRULY waterproof!), it's the best mascara I have ever used- and I've used a lot. The first time I tried it, I gasped at how much longer it made my lashes- the first time I was impressed with a mascara!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I read about how great Definicils was for years. One day I splurged on a tube just to find out what the hype was all about. Sorry, I still don't know what the hype is all about. While Definicils does lengthen and doesn't smear when dry, it clumps more than I expected it to. I was so disappointed with it I returned it to the store. If you feel like splurging on a luxury brand, try Estee Lauder's Lash XL. Better yet just go to your local Target for L'Oreal's Lash Out. You're gonna have to replace it in three to six months anyway.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Wow, I don't get the hype with this product. Its expensive and mine dried out really quickly and didn't give me the results I wanted. It clumped and flaked on me!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Love the results I get with this mascara. It holds curl, the brush is REALLY nice and the mascara can be built up if I want a more dramatic look. It can also be worn unlayered for a more natural day look. Why then did I give it a 3? Because it dries out sooo quickly! Much more quickly than other mascaras and at that price, I expect my mascara to last a full 3 months. This mascara is significantly dried out by the 1month mark:(

Overall, this was a pretty average mascara. The only reason I'm giving it such a high rating is that, compared to all the other mascaras I have used (Diorshow, Max Factor, Maybelline, YSL) this one doesn't smudge nearly as much.

This mascara is my favorite! It lengths, thickens, and holds my curled lashes! I love it.

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

Pro's:
+Stays on a very long time; no doubt that it's waterproof
+Lengthens lashes somewhat, when used with an eyelash curler
+The black is very black, which is a good thing for me

Con's:
-Clumps like crazy and makes my lashes stick together!
-Very hard to take off, even with a waterproof makeup remover
-About 2-3x the price of most other mascara I've tried

I wouldn't recommend this, and am probably not buying it again. It clumps way way way too much and is simply a hassle to apply and remove.

I hope you found my review useful. :)

-Alice (Reaper)