Rimmel Exaggerate mascara

2.9

Okay, there are things I definitely like about this mascara, and things I hate. It does thicken your lashes dramatically, I will give it that. The color pops really well too, it stays strong during the day, and it doesn't clump on lashes. The problem I had was crumbling. It crumbled on the under eye area when I applied it (I used a facial towelette for clean up), but then it crumbled throughout the day (again I used a facial towelette). Since I don't feel like constantly wiping away mascara crumbs all day I probably won't buy this again.

Eyes: Violet

I love this mascara!
Some years ago it was my favourite untill they decide to discontinue it.
After trying lots of different mascaras that didn't work for me I bought this again on Ebay and I am glad I did.My lashes are noticeable again!
Great volume, great curl ( not like those awkward downward curling macaras).Easy to remove.Kind to the lashes: great!

I finally found a replacement for this one. Extra Super Lash by Rimmel !!!!!! My new HG!
The Sexy Curves one does not vaguely resemble this one

To Read all 79 Reviews, Login or Join

Rimmel Sexy Curves. the best mascara yet! & cheap.
leaves my lashes long and curved without even using a eyelash curler!! loved it

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

What's with all the neg reviews? I bought this like a year ago and it seemed to smear so I set it aside, considering using it as a brow filler/color for dramatic looks (I bought brown, not black). Yesterday I tried it on for the 2nd time and even though it is nearly July and warm, it held up all day, without flakes and no irritation. Came off easily when I washed my face, too. The brush was just right and in fact has been the best size/fluffiness for as long as I can remember, since I had a really easy time doing my lower lashes, which is usually a no-no for me. This outperforms my Dior Show. EDIT: Dried up but in all fairness, it *was* a year, though I'd only used it 2x.

I love this mascara. Gives nice full lashes. good colour. overall great quality.

Really really clumpy mascara, did not like it at all.

I had written a review before, but I have now changed my opinion on this mascara. I bought it some time ago because I liked the packaging and because it was cheap. When I opened it I thought the brush was very strange and that it might not work for me (but then, Fabulash by Revlon has a strange brush too, but that one worked wonders for me). I have longish but very thin lashes, so I prefer volumising formulas. This mascara gives very little volume, nut the reason I decided not to but this mascara was that it made my lashes look short (must have been the brush). Although this mascara has some good things going for it, like the color (jet black) it's intense and glossy, similar to Maybelline's Very Black, and I love that very intense, glossy looking black. It also didn't smudge (like some Maybellines do) or flake (like Fabulash did). And I also like the packaging, I think it looks cute. But the formula isn't great, and the brush is terrible. I don't recommend this one.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I'm surprised there are others reviewers who complained about panda eyes! It's usually only me that complains about that. Anyway, out of all the mascaras that I've tried, this gave me the worst raccoon eyes. This is enough to give it a 1 out of 5. It was a nightmare to look in the mirror a few hours after I applied it to see all the black under my eyes! I can't believe nobody told me. One thing I like about this mascara though is that it is very black!

This mascara gave my lashes some good volume and definition. However, only a couple of hours of wearing it, the mascara was badly smudged all over my lower lids...GROSS!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Wow - I'm really in the minority with this one. A friend bought it, didn't like it and gave it to me. I'll admit, I'm no expert when it comes to mascara - I haven't tried a majority of the high end brands (stay at home mom + perfume obsession = not a lot of cash for cosmetics - my major investments are good skin care products and foundation) but I have tried a few (Estee Lauder Lash XL most recently) and this is exactly what I was looking for. Great curl and volume for a fantastic price. Yes, it does take a bit to dry and, yes, it is a pain to wash off - small price to pay for the look I'm getting. I don't have problems with flaking or smearing (as long as I'm not rubbing my eyes) I have this in brown, will buy it in black and will continue to buy it in both as long as they make it. Call me crazy... but at least I'll be the crazy lady with long, full lashes.