Banana Boat Faces, spf 30

2.0

on 10/17/2016 2:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is very greasy - you look oily wearing it. The smell is suncreeny. I don't know why it's marketed as a face sunscreen when it doesn't feature any qualities that would make it appropriate for the face.

on 9/5/2008 9:06:00 PM

The product caused me to break out! I thought it was a new cleanser I was using but once I eliminated everything else it became clear that this was the cause! It made my skin greasy (I have combo skin) and pimply!! All within a week. I am back to using my trusty Coppertone Oil Free Faces! The only reason I tried this was that it was discounted at the time. Not going to buy or use it again.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Please note that there are some ingredients in all suncreens that will be allergenic to some folks. There is a difference between sunscreens and sunblocks. For folks that have sensitivities, you'll have to head for the things like Neutrogena's Sunblock for sensitive skin. These are based on titanium and zinc sort of blocks that literally block sunrays, and are recommended by dermatologists for people unable to tolerate the chemicals. Personally, I can't handle ANY of the chemical sunscreens and have to use the Neutrogena. Too bad. I really miss the Bullfrog and the Banana Boat for convenience. But I have the same reaction as the next reviewer down. It feels like a burning sensation with a severe itch that goes along with it, and it persists for at least three days following. Horrible. But it is not the fault of the sunscreen; it's a personal reaction- an allergy or sensitivity (to things like the oxycinnamate, etc). Check the labels and do a "patch" test if you worry about sensitivity. BTW, some of these chemicals are just fine until activated by time in direct sunlight. It's a very individual thing.

on 6/7/2008 10:05:00 PM

I thought I my face was stinging from the sun while I was outside tanning and didn't think this could do it. My face felt like it was on FIRE. It was horibble and my skin is rarely this sensitive. I was only using the sunscreen for my face anyways. I ended up coming in early because of the pain my face was in. Especially underneath my eyes were on fire. It was horrible. DO NOT USE this. I ended up switching to some body sunscreen and even that is better than this shit.

I bought this sunscreen because it's photostable and because of the good reviews. My kids play baseball and soccer, so I'm outside a lot and wanted something that I could use as both a moisturizer and sunscreen. Unfortunately this product stung my face every time I used it. I gave up after a week or so and went to the Clinique counter for some City Block 25 which is a physical sunscreen. I've used the Neutrogena Dry touch before which is a chemical sunscreen like the Banana Boat without any trouble, so I was surprised that I had a reaction to this sunscreen.

on 12/11/2005 7:42:00 AM

I had the same experience breaking out on my face. It happened some time in July and it stays till now. Will not want to buy this product any more!

on 7/9/2005 5:37:00 PM

I had the same experience with this breaking me out on my face and neck. BB says it is hypoallergenic but something in it didn't agree with my skin. Would not recommend.

on 12/16/2004 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This sunscreen broke out my skin. I am dissapointed because BB claims that this is formulated for the face, and would not cause breakouts. Will not purchase again.

on 6/8/2004 2:38:00 PM

Supposedly this sunscreen is formulated for use on your face. However, it contains camphor and stings almost every place it touches. Since that is not what I am looking for in a sunscreen, I think that I will pass on this one.

on 11/16/2003 3:39:00 AM

This sunscreen felt very emollient and slightly greasy going on but surprisingly didn't cause any greasies even though I wore it on a few rather hot and humid days. Thought I'd found my perfect sunscreen until it broke me out rather badly and a quick check of the ingredients found that it was camphor. Ergh, stopped using it immediately and my skin cleared up the next day. Great broadspectrum sunscreen, just not all that suitable for faces even though it's supposed to be formulated for faces!