MAC Frost Lipstick in New York Apple

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
MAC Frost Lipstick in New York Apple
MAC - Lipstick in New York Apple (Frost)Frost Lipstick in New York AppleFrost Lipstick in New York AppleFrost Lipstick in New York AppleFrost Lipstick in New York Apple

4.5

on 12/14/2016 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is my first frost lipstick from Mac. It is a sheer red leaning orange with shimmer and a bit of a foiled shine and I like it because it allows me to wear red without it being loud. This isn't a finish I usually wear it I've been really enjoying it. It is quite moisturising and wears off evenly, and I think it's perfect for Christmas.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is a beautiful color, despite its being a frost. I love it and it looks good on my NW43 complexion. I pair it with a vino lip liner, or currant. Beautiful. I would definitely purchase again.

on 9/6/2013 5:32:00 PM

I just love this! I have kept at least one in my collection for years now!

on 7/25/2013 4:10:00 AM

Perfect shade for a night out! This is one of my hubbys favs lol.

on 10/15/2012 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Thanks to MUA, I bought this. I also bought a Chanel, but that will go back. It does brighten up the face. I put it on when I came home from the gym, no other makeup, true test. It looked great. I will try a pinker liner with it though, been using Natural by Chanel, may change to Tulip by Chanel.

This is the second MAC lipstick I've tried, and I'm in love. This color is incredible, the finish is absolutely NOT a traditional "frost," and this has a very comfortable weight. Best of all - no bleeding. I can't believe I'm only discovering this now.

on 9/23/2011 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I only bought this because of a SA reccomendation to put this on top of Ruby Woo.. and she was right. I never wear this alone. On top of Ruby Woo it adds a more amped up Red.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is the first "frost" lipstick I've ever bought from MAC and I have to say that I am delighted with it. MAC seems to have mastered making frosted products (for eyes, cheeks and lips) that are not garish or glaring; rather the frost just imparts a softness and light to the product so that even more "mature" women like me can achieve a flattering look with these products.

New York Apple is a very pretty, very wearable pinkish red. It's not a difficult red to wear (not like Ruby Woo or some of MAC's other very bright or very dark reds). The frost seems to add a lightness to it that further keeps it looking too dark or extreme. This lipstick also seems to wear and last very well. I just got this the other day and I've worn it non-stop since. My husband, who doesn't like vampy red lips (and will comment if he thinks I'm wearing a red lipstick that is too harsh looking) commented on how pretty and refreshed I look when I came in wearing this (nice guy, no?). I know corals and orange shades are big for spring this year but speaking as someone who has never liked those shades and doesn't look good in them, New York Apple is a GREAT shade for springtime because it does look so bright and fresh!
UPDATE: Now that autumn is here, this continues to be a fantastic lipstick shade for this time of year. New York Apple is a total winner!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is by far my favorite red lipstick, it is not the most daring red but that makes it perfect for day or night. Plus the pink in the lipstick really makes it look lovely on anyone. The formulation is not bad, for a frost lipstick it has very little frostyness and what it does have adds to the beauty of this lipstick. Wears well with or without a gloss.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

LOVE this. This makes my whole face pop and perk up. I get compliments on it all the time, too. It isn't fire engine red or brick red so it is safe for those who are not necessarily ready to go the full red. It has a great consistency and lasts. Very pretty.