MAC Frost Lipstick in New York Apple

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
MAC Frost Lipstick in New York Apple
MAC - Lipstick in New York Apple (Frost)Frost Lipstick in New York AppleFrost Lipstick in New York AppleFrost Lipstick in New York Apple

4.4

on 12/6/2015 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is one of the few frosts that I like. It's a beautiful red that works well with muted, cool colours (Soft Summer). Paired with a dark, muted teal sweater, it's to die for. The catch is that it looks best when I conceal the red around my lips.

It works nicely as a red blush too.

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I bought this because I was looking for a lipstick that was red-toned but not an actual red. I wanted something more suited for everyday wear. Wow is this ever a lovely colour! It's a pinky reddish colour that looks GORGEOUS on! And pale girls - don't be afraid to try this one! It brightens up my ivory skin without looking overpowering or too theatrical. It almost looks luminescent. I got 3 compliments within half an hour of wearing this colour! When you want a bright colour but not crazy bold red, this is your go to colour. It does wear off kind of fast, but it doesn't bother me considering the beautiful, unique colour. Another great colour courtesy of MAC.

on 12/13/2011 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really wanted to like this one. It's a very pretty color that shows up quite bright. My problem is that it fades fast, which is unlike other MAC frost lipsticks that generally last all day. It leaves a hideous pink ring around my lips when it fades. Gunna send it back!

on 7/31/2010 3:50:00 PM

I got this as a back to MAC. Once again, this looked far different in the store, it had more of a berry/red color, as time went on it turned an orange/brown/red on me. I actually like the gold frost in this lippie, but the color didn't work for me. Once you use MAC's lustre formula lipsticks you just can't put anything else on...they all seem to drag. Back to Sophisto, but I'll hang on to this for the fall/winter.
EDIT: Came back to give this some lippies. I LOVE this color. It just works perfectly with my coloring now. Warm/sorta tan/blonde. It come up more of a fuschia/pink/berry/red now than it did before. It brightens my face...I'm a few years older now than when I reviewed it before, maybe now I need that 'lift' of color and this does it. It is a complicated color and I've always liked colors that are not just pink or red. Also, I'm a true sucker for frost lippies...to me they give more depth rather than matte.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I went to MAC in search of a good lipstick/lipglass combo to achieve a bright raspberry red. The MA suggested this lipstick paired with VGVI lipglass among a few other things but this by far was the winner! The texture of the l/s is amazing and the color, even on its own, is stunning. It can be applied lightly for a pretty, somewhat sheer look, or applied heavily for a more dramatic effect. I will definitely purchase this again!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

New York Red, where have you been all my life? I have been searching for the perfect deep berry red lipstick and think I've finally found it! I often passed over it at the MAC counter because in the tube it looked way too dark for me but decided to try it on and could not believe how much I adore it! I LOVE red lipsticks but this is more of a dark metallic berry pink with slight red undertones on me. I usually layer several lipsticks to get the look that I get with this one color and am very pleased to have finally found a deep berry pink that looks good on my NC25 skin. It's perfect for days when I want to have a simple yet polished look . Looks great with a wash of MAC's orb on my eyes, black liner and lots of black mascara. If you normally don't do reds at all, try this one!

Way too dark for me. Im pale - and I wanted something for a "night look", and tried this - SO didnt work on me. I dont even think the color is that cute when applied. :(

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is an absolutely gorgeous red lipstick. I'm fair skinned and I think this is perfect for those with fair and cool skin who want a red lipstick that isn't garish or too warm but want something more vibrant than a deep burgundy red. I would describe it as a rich blue-toned red with a pinkish pearly finish and I think the texture is marvellous. I have Sandy B, which is another Frost textured lipstick, but whereas I need lip balm underneath Sandy B to avoid a dry matte frosted finish, this Frost lipstick has a lot more moisture to it and looks far more succulent and pouty on the lips even without balm underneath. A must-have sexy pinky red!

For pairing ideas, this lipstick matches beautifully with NARS Outlaw blush and I adore it with MAC Patina eye shadow.

on 8/5/2004 3:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I couldn't be any happier with this lipstick. Worn on its own it's a nice berry colour with a little shimmer, with MAC Cherry lipliner it turns blue-red. Suits my cool FFF complexion perfectly and is ideal for a retro siren look if you don't like matt red lipsticks.

on 4/13/2004 6:23:00 PM

This is the first red or semi-red lipstick I've been able to wear...successfully. I'm still in shock actually. I've tried for years to find a red that wouldn't overpower me. I have golden blonde hair, blue eyes and yellow undertones. Most reds were either too dark, too orange/brown, too bright or too blue toned. I'd say this is more blue toned but in a good way...it makes my teeth look really white. I can't wear cool lipstick shades so it's more on the neutral side than cool. I admit that I was scared when I opened the tube and saw it. It looked more like a medium/deep hot pink shimmer. But when applied on the lips (without a liner), it's a beautiful red with slight pink undertones and gold shimmer. It does NOT look fuschia in the least (like MAC O did! LOL!). When I pair it with a brownish toned liner, the pink is cancelled out and it's just a lovely red. Paired with MAC Mahogany liner, it's a deep red. I like that the shimmer is very subtle...I was nervous about red AND shimmer. I've always thought red looked best when creamy or matte. I stand corrected. On another positive note, I finally found a way for Chanel Spark to work for me! I put it over New York Apple and the combo looks so lovely!