MAC Frost Lipstick in New York Apple

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
MAC Frost Lipstick in New York Apple
MAC - Lipstick in New York Apple (Frost)Frost Lipstick in New York AppleFrost Lipstick in New York AppleFrost Lipstick in New York Apple

4.7

on 12/29/2014 8:01:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

For reference: Light to medium, neutral to warm skin tone (NC/NW 25ish), combination skin (dry cheeks, slightly oily t-zone), sensitive skin with broken capillaries (cheek area), medium to dark brown hair, green eyes.

I was searching for a lipstick that would brighten up my face during the dreary winter months. I didn't want anything too dark or light. The MAC lady suggested New York Apple. It's a beautiful color, a mix of a red, pink, berry tone. Definitely brightens the face without being over the top. Yes it has frost, but with this particular color, I don't find it overly frosty looking on my lips, compared to others I have tried. A definite repurchase.

on 9/6/2013 5:32:00 PM

I just love this! I have kept at least one in my collection for years now!

on 10/15/2012 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Thanks to MUA, I bought this. I also bought a Chanel, but that will go back. It does brighten up the face. I put it on when I came home from the gym, no other makeup, true test. It looked great. I will try a pinker liner with it though, been using Natural by Chanel, may change to Tulip by Chanel.

on 7/31/2010 3:50:00 PM

I got this as a back to MAC. Once again, this looked far different in the store, it had more of a berry/red color, as time went on it turned an orange/brown/red on me. I actually like the gold frost in this lippie, but the color didn't work for me. Once you use MAC's lustre formula lipsticks you just can't put anything else on...they all seem to drag. Back to Sophisto, but I'll hang on to this for the fall/winter.
EDIT: Came back to give this some lippies. I LOVE this color. It just works perfectly with my coloring now. Warm/sorta tan/blonde. It come up more of a fuschia/pink/berry/red now than it did before. It brightens my face...I'm a few years older now than when I reviewed it before, maybe now I need that 'lift' of color and this does it. It is a complicated color and I've always liked colors that are not just pink or red. Also, I'm a true sucker for frost lippies...to me they give more depth rather than matte.

on 6/6/2010 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm hardly ever disappointed with the quality of MAC lipsticks. Lovely color, and I think would suit all skin tones. New York Apple is a perfect shade for those who are looking for a red with a pop! Not a true red, but... Hmm.. I'd say a very festive holiday Christmasy Red!

on 6/24/2009 8:40:00 PM

I'm MAC N5/ID Bare Minerals foundation in Medium-beige usually (or ID Fairly-light in the winter). This lipstick is the perfect red colour - blue undertones make your teeth look whiter and overall a really healthy look. Can use a light wash of colour like a lipstain for more subtle or go all out for a night out. But this color is so great you can esily wear it during the day and it not look too full-on. Perfect true raspberry/rose colour that would look good on almost anyone I think. If you think you can't wear red lips, try this. Don't be put off by the 'frost' - it looks much more frosty in the tube that on lips, on lips it gives enough shimmer to make your lips look fuller, not glittery. Plus it makes your complexion look really healthy. I would say this is def an all time one of my faves. With prep (liner etc) this wears really well. Like all reds, cover any little red imperfections on your face - but unlike many other reds, you can get away with not being too fussy with that, which has only got to be a good thing. Great value in my opinion and a very wearable red. You wojn't feel self-conscious in this even if you don't usually do reds.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I went to MAC in search of a good lipstick/lipglass combo to achieve a bright raspberry red. The MA suggested this lipstick paired with VGVI lipglass among a few other things but this by far was the winner! The texture of the l/s is amazing and the color, even on its own, is stunning. It can be applied lightly for a pretty, somewhat sheer look, or applied heavily for a more dramatic effect. I will definitely purchase this again!

This is another great MAC lipstick - I absolutely adore it.
This was my first MAC lipstick, and it looks great on my NW20 skin.
The formula (Frost) is also great, it's quite moisturizing.
The color is well described on the MAC site.
I would buy it again.
And over and over again.

on 9/28/2008 5:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I can't really say I love this color, nor can I say I love it. When I bought it, it was because I heard that it is a good dupe of Queen's sin but it is just too pink to be a good dupe of such a beautiful red. Though it is a nice change for me, I don't have many pinkish lipsticks.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

New York Red, where have you been all my life? I have been searching for the perfect deep berry red lipstick and think I've finally found it! I often passed over it at the MAC counter because in the tube it looked way too dark for me but decided to try it on and could not believe how much I adore it! I LOVE red lipsticks but this is more of a dark metallic berry pink with slight red undertones on me. I usually layer several lipsticks to get the look that I get with this one color and am very pleased to have finally found a deep berry pink that looks good on my NC25 skin. It's perfect for days when I want to have a simple yet polished look . Looks great with a wash of MAC's orb on my eyes, black liner and lots of black mascara. If you normally don't do reds at all, try this one!