MAC Frost Lipstick in New York Apple

Filtered by skin type : Oily
MAC Frost Lipstick in New York Apple
MAC - Lipstick in New York Apple (Frost)Frost Lipstick in New York AppleFrost Lipstick in New York AppleFrost Lipstick in New York Apple

4.3

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is by far my favorite red lipstick, it is not the most daring red but that makes it perfect for day or night. Plus the pink in the lipstick really makes it look lovely on anyone. The formulation is not bad, for a frost lipstick it has very little frostyness and what it does have adds to the beauty of this lipstick. Wears well with or without a gloss.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I went to MAC in search of a good lipstick/lipglass combo to achieve a bright raspberry red. The MA suggested this lipstick paired with VGVI lipglass among a few other things but this by far was the winner! The texture of the l/s is amazing and the color, even on its own, is stunning. It can be applied lightly for a pretty, somewhat sheer look, or applied heavily for a more dramatic effect. I will definitely purchase this again!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

A lot of folks who like New York Apple seem to have cool complexions, but mine is very warm and I also LOVE this shade. Have actually been lemming it for years and finally bought it. A very vibrant, pretty rose-red frost that looks great on me with or without other makeup. Slap it on and go, instant vitality for the face! I think it would be great on a variety of complexions, as it is not too garish and not too dark-- but definitely has a lot of flirty personality.

I like the MAC frost formula because it is quite moist and not at all gritty.

on 5/4/2007 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This was a staple for me when I wore lipstick a lot (daily). Now I don't wear lipstick all that much, but this is still "my" red. I love the color and the shimmer. I like to boost/maintain its staying power with the MAC Garnet (discontinued) lip pencil.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

after reading all the reviews of this i thought this would be worth the money, i got it and it sucks. it looks pretty in the tube and horrible on the mouth. i hated it the frost was too overbearing.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is an absolutely gorgeous red lipstick. I'm fair skinned and I think this is perfect for those with fair and cool skin who want a red lipstick that isn't garish or too warm but want something more vibrant than a deep burgundy red. I would describe it as a rich blue-toned red with a pinkish pearly finish and I think the texture is marvellous. I have Sandy B, which is another Frost textured lipstick, but whereas I need lip balm underneath Sandy B to avoid a dry matte frosted finish, this Frost lipstick has a lot more moisture to it and looks far more succulent and pouty on the lips even without balm underneath. A must-have sexy pinky red!

For pairing ideas, this lipstick matches beautifully with NARS Outlaw blush and I adore it with MAC Patina eye shadow.