MAC Frost Lipstick in New York Apple

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
MAC Frost Lipstick in New York Apple
MAC - Lipstick in New York Apple (Frost)Frost Lipstick in New York AppleFrost Lipstick in New York AppleFrost Lipstick in New York Apple

4.8

This is the second MAC lipstick I've tried, and I'm in love. This color is incredible, the finish is absolutely NOT a traditional "frost," and this has a very comfortable weight. Best of all - no bleeding. I can't believe I'm only discovering this now.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

LOVE this. This makes my whole face pop and perk up. I get compliments on it all the time, too. It isn't fire engine red or brick red so it is safe for those who are not necessarily ready to go the full red. It has a great consistency and lasts. Very pretty.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

I like this color because it's not a super bold red. It's one of those red colors that you could wear almost every day if you pleased. It goes on relatively smoothly and lasts for a fairly long time as well.

on 2/7/2010 3:48:00 AM

Personally I did not like this color, I received a very beat up overly used tube as an extra in a swap so no complaints about the price. Just threw it away after the first sanitized use.

on 6/15/2007 6:28:00 PM

This is one of my favorites! It is a beautiful red with some pink tones in it, and it's a frost. It looks wonderful as a play-down red, and looks FANTASTIC with a red gloss overtop.
It is my absolute favorite, and best of all, it's not drying!

This is the third red lipstick I've bought from Mac which has utterly knocked my socks off - they've all been very different, and beautiful beyond belief.

New York Apple I would describe as a versatile, warm, cheerful red; the hue's fairly muted but complex, with hints of copper and pink worked through it, in almost a duochrome effect - the resultant overall shade made me think of the toffee on a *candy* apple - very warm and flattering and I imagine would suit practically everyone without being too full-on, even "red lipstick virgins".

On top of this, you've got the Mac Frost lipstick formulation, which means lots and LOTS of glitter... I find Mac Frosts vary from lippie to lippie (some are very drying while others have a smoother creamier formulation, and the glitter particle size varies a lot), and in the case in New York Apple the lipstick's smooth and fairly creamy for a Frost, plus the glitter is subtle and very finely milled..... the finish reminded me of a metallic car paint, very classy indeed and not too OTT "glitterbomb" at all.

Really pleased with this and it has quickly become a mainstay of my collection. New York Apple's a real chameleon of a lipstick too, being glam enough for evening wear, but not too OTT to pair with a neutral eye and a suit for a daywear "work" look. continued >>

on 12/18/2003 2:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

New York Apple is a gorgeous, bright shimmery frosty intense pink-red. A fellow MUAer called it a "candy apple red" and I couldn't agree more with that description. Looks so pretty with my cool PPP skin. I get loads of compliments whenever I wear it. Definitely a keeper. :)

on 11/22/2003 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hands down my most favorite lipstick ever. I'm a fair blonde with rosy undertones, and this shade is just incredible. Definitely not a true red, but the shade really shifts according to the color lipliner I wear under it. I usually stick with MAC's wine-colored liner (the name escapes me right now). And I agree with the person who said that it looks unfinished on its own--I always wear a liner with it. What can I say, I love the Big Apple!