MAC Frost Lipstick in New York Apple

Filtered by skin type : Normal
MAC Frost Lipstick in New York Apple
MAC - Lipstick in New York Apple (Frost)Frost Lipstick in New York AppleFrost Lipstick in New York AppleFrost Lipstick in New York Apple

4.5

on 12/14/2016 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is my first frost lipstick from Mac. It is a sheer red leaning orange with shimmer and a bit of a foiled shine and I like it because it allows me to wear red without it being loud. This isn't a finish I usually wear it I've been really enjoying it. It is quite moisturising and wears off evenly, and I think it's perfect for Christmas.

on 10/15/2012 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Thanks to MUA, I bought this. I also bought a Chanel, but that will go back. It does brighten up the face. I put it on when I came home from the gym, no other makeup, true test. It looked great. I will try a pinker liner with it though, been using Natural by Chanel, may change to Tulip by Chanel.

on 9/3/2009 2:50:00 PM

RIS and its lovely.This is my 3rd MAC lippie now and while I think all of MAC is expensive I do like their lippies.This is a gorgeous bright colour and looks very classy on.Im not sure yet if I'd actually buy a MAC lipstick but I admit Im tempted :o)

on 9/19/2007 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I have a hard time wearing and finding a red coloured lipstick; but needless to say, I LOVE this one. "New York Apple" by MAC is the ONLY red lipstick that I can wear and look glamorous in. I have been using it for the past several years and will continue to buy it. I love it! I hope they don't discontinue this colour!

I got this as a Back to Mac redemption, which has probably softened my opinion of it as I effectively didn't pay for it. I bought it in order to try to recreate the effect of Urban Decay's discontinued Gash lipstick. For the record, it worked pretty well. I layered it over Viva Glam 1, which is a matte deep red-brown. NYA is a metallic shimmery cool toned red-bordering-on-pink. It seems to be long-wearing although I can't properly comment as I've only worn it over VG1. It seemed to neutralise VG1's drying effects quite well. Not one for warm toned people to wear unless they wear a brown of some kind underneath, but overall a nice lipstick for a dramatic, shimmery red lip. Apparently Gwen Stefani uses this now instead of her trademark UD Gash, which is one of the reasons I bought it.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I'm not a big fan of red lipstick,but this is an exeption. Normally, red lipstick looks too strong on me (and finding the perfect red lipstick is taxing!) but the make up artist recommended this one when I wanted a "power red" lipstick. Lovely, sexy, classy. Perfect. :)

on 4/15/2005 12:49:00 AM

New York Apple is a shimmery reddish pink that achieves a shantung finish which flatters my very fair coloring. It's not a red if you examine it closely. There is a definite pink undertone that I imagine could go fuchsia on some people's lips. This pink undertone not only makes it a cool, face-brightening color, but lends this shade more wearability than most blue-based reds. Also, so long as it doesn't go fuchsia on you, reddish pinks would be a nice alternative for those people who shy away from true reds.

on 8/23/2004 12:30:00 PM

Gorgeous shimmering cherry red with pink tones. Sets off cool-toned skin beautifully, absolutely gorgeous with a muted eye.

on 8/5/2004 3:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I couldn't be any happier with this lipstick. Worn on its own it's a nice berry colour with a little shimmer, with MAC Cherry lipliner it turns blue-red. Suits my cool FFF complexion perfectly and is ideal for a retro siren look if you don't like matt red lipsticks.

this is such an underrated red! Its very pretty...and flattering. It was my first red back when I was a "rediphobe". It has such a great shimmery to it. The one bad thing is that is tends to slip off lips pretty easily.