MAC Frost Lipstick in New York Apple

Filtered by skin type : Dry
MAC Frost Lipstick in New York Apple
MAC - Lipstick in New York Apple (Frost)Frost Lipstick in New York AppleFrost Lipstick in New York AppleFrost Lipstick in New York AppleFrost Lipstick in New York Apple

4.4

on 12/1/2017 1:36:00 PM

Absolutely love this red! I love that is not to red....just perfect. 🍎

on 12/6/2015 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is one of the few frosts that I like. It's a beautiful red that works well with muted, cool colours (Soft Summer). Paired with a dark, muted teal sweater, it's to die for. The catch is that it looks best when I conceal the red around my lips.

It works nicely as a red blush too.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is the first "frost" lipstick I've ever bought from MAC and I have to say that I am delighted with it. MAC seems to have mastered making frosted products (for eyes, cheeks and lips) that are not garish or glaring; rather the frost just imparts a softness and light to the product so that even more "mature" women like me can achieve a flattering look with these products.

New York Apple is a very pretty, very wearable pinkish red. It's not a difficult red to wear (not like Ruby Woo or some of MAC's other very bright or very dark reds). The frost seems to add a lightness to it that further keeps it looking too dark or extreme. This lipstick also seems to wear and last very well. I just got this the other day and I've worn it non-stop since. My husband, who doesn't like vampy red lips (and will comment if he thinks I'm wearing a red lipstick that is too harsh looking) commented on how pretty and refreshed I look when I came in wearing this (nice guy, no?). I know corals and orange shades are big for spring this year but speaking as someone who has never liked those shades and doesn't look good in them, New York Apple is a GREAT shade for springtime because it does look so bright and fresh!
UPDATE: Now that autumn is here, this continues to be a fantastic lipstick shade for this time of year. New York Apple is a total winner!

on 1/21/2011 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

My favorite red lipstick is long discontinued: Revlon Velvet Touch Moonlit Wine. That red was a combo of slightly sheer muted plummy red lipstick with lots of gold shimmer to warm it up. The balance of warm and cool makes it perfect for me.
New York Apple is not a dupe. It is a lighter brighter red, with somewhat cooler shimmer, not much gold, but it is as close as i have found so far. It looks nothing like the single sample swatch at the head of this article. It really does look like the photo of the actual lipstick included among the photos.
I don't like bright red lipstick, not on me, and frankly, not on most of the celebs who have been wearing it the past few seasons. New York Apple lets me wear red without feeling as if i look like a clown.

I'm NW20 with and I LOVE this red! I went to the counter looking for a red lipglass but couldn't quite commit to the bright red of CoC or the Russian Red glasses. Smells great too, one of my favorite things about MAC lip products!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Gorgeous red shade with shimmer. Not too bright that it's unwearable but bright enough so that it's definitely red. Really flattering on my neutral FFF skin. My only wish for this lipstick that it was more matte so the lasting power would be better. But it's a gorgeous color so I'll deal.

on 8/15/2006 5:20:00 AM

Mmmm a yummy red, I get quite a lot of shimmery medium pink out of this too. Its quite thick, with a creamy texture, not exactly one of those lippies where you can use a little bit to tint your lips! Smells great, looks amazing on girls with my colouring. Think my lips are just a bit too thin for it. Update: saw several photos of me wearing this in different lighting, and I looked like an extra from Moulin Rouge at best, a 'lady of the night' at worst. The camera does not lie, so this got binned!

on 3/2/2005 3:34:00 PM

A stunning blue-based red that is a stretch for me, because I have never found a red that I could wear without looking too severe, since I am pale and have black hair and dark eyes. If you could take the famous OPI nail color called "I'm Not Really A Waitress" and turn it into a lip color, this would be it! Nice smooth texture too. I wear this with a very neutral and minimal eye look, and MAC Breezy on the cheek (just a touch!)

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a great every day red for those of us who are a little afraid of bright brash reds!
Its a nice cherry shimmer colour, great for everyday!

on 11/14/2003 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

gorgeous pink-red with fuchsia shimmer. seems moisturizing for a frost... the color works well with both warm and cool toned complexions. this is definitly a stand out lipstick - wear when you want the attention.