MAC Frost Lipstick in New York Apple

Filtered by skin type : Other
MAC Frost Lipstick in New York Apple
MAC - Lipstick in New York Apple (Frost)Frost Lipstick in New York AppleFrost Lipstick in New York AppleFrost Lipstick in New York Apple

4.1

on 10/7/2012 7:35:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

New York Apple shows up as a light berry wash on my semi-pigmented lips. It has a good amount of raspberry shimmer in it. It is neither moisturizing nor drying on my lips, and is comfortable to wear throughout the day. I usually need to reapply it after about 3-4 hours, but other than that I really love this lipstick for fall and winter. Its a nice way to wear a color on your lips during the day without looking overdone.

on 12/17/2008 9:31:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Finally cracked and bought this, after so long. A beautiful neutral red with not too much pearl - doesn't give you that retiree look, just a flattering sheen of iridescence.
I can't help but want Queen's Sin even more after getting this, though (missed the first time!)...please please bring it back!!

on 2/16/2007 9:16:00 PM

I bought this today on a rec from a MA at Macy's. I asked for a brighter, lighter version of "O".

After quite a few tries, this fit the bill nicely.

I agree - it's a red, but a great lipstick for people who don't normally wear red lipstick.

It's a frost that is very flattering to the face & teeth.

Try it!

I love red so when the SA suggested this to me I was pleasantly suprised. It's a great red not too dark and not too light and I think any skintone could wear it. The only drawback for me is it's a frost :( But it's still okay I just put some gloss on over it.

on 1/28/2004 4:11:00 AM

*UPDATE: I wore this to a club & after a whole evening of hugs, drinks, and eating, it required NO touchups! Super impressed by the amazing staying power although lips were a bit dry.* I've been looking for red lipstick for a while now, but I have very pale skin and everything I've tried before looked garish on me. I love New York Apple because it's rich red on me and complements my skin rather than washing it out. Great for night time.

on 10/22/2003 8:21:00 PM

I have pale skin and thin lips, so the only things reds do are accentuate my thin lips and make me look washed out. This is definately not the ordinary red! It gave my lips unknown dimension (shades or berry, rose, flashes of pink) while still flattering my skin tone. For some *lucky* reason the lighter shades in the lipstick (pink/rose) only shows up on my pout (maybe the way the light hits it) so it makes my lips look fuller. A nice darker lipcolor alternative to Lancome Visionary and MAC O, my other staples.

on 1/19/2003 11:39:00 AM

This isn't really apple or red at all. It's a frosty berry on a cool side that turns pinky on my lips.