MAC Frost Lipstick in New York Apple

Filtered by skin tone : Other
MAC Frost Lipstick in New York Apple
MAC - Lipstick in New York Apple (Frost)Frost Lipstick in New York AppleFrost Lipstick in New York AppleFrost Lipstick in New York Apple

4.1

on 10/7/2012 7:35:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

New York Apple shows up as a light berry wash on my semi-pigmented lips. It has a good amount of raspberry shimmer in it. It is neither moisturizing nor drying on my lips, and is comfortable to wear throughout the day. I usually need to reapply it after about 3-4 hours, but other than that I really love this lipstick for fall and winter. Its a nice way to wear a color on your lips during the day without looking overdone.

on 5/4/2008 6:49:00 AM

I wanted to love this, very beautiful red w/slight goldish shimmer, the color just did nothing for me. Sigh. Take out the shimmer, or make it a cool toned shimmer (I am NW 23) and maybe it would work.

on 2/16/2007 9:16:00 PM

I bought this today on a rec from a MA at Macy's. I asked for a brighter, lighter version of "O".

After quite a few tries, this fit the bill nicely.

I agree - it's a red, but a great lipstick for people who don't normally wear red lipstick.

It's a frost that is very flattering to the face & teeth.

Try it!

I got this as a Back to Mac redemption, which has probably softened my opinion of it as I effectively didn't pay for it. I bought it in order to try to recreate the effect of Urban Decay's discontinued Gash lipstick. For the record, it worked pretty well. I layered it over Viva Glam 1, which is a matte deep red-brown. NYA is a metallic shimmery cool toned red-bordering-on-pink. It seems to be long-wearing although I can't properly comment as I've only worn it over VG1. It seemed to neutralise VG1's drying effects quite well. Not one for warm toned people to wear unless they wear a brown of some kind underneath, but overall a nice lipstick for a dramatic, shimmery red lip. Apparently Gwen Stefani uses this now instead of her trademark UD Gash, which is one of the reasons I bought it.

on 4/13/2004 6:23:00 PM

This is the first red or semi-red lipstick I've been able to wear...successfully. I'm still in shock actually. I've tried for years to find a red that wouldn't overpower me. I have golden blonde hair, blue eyes and yellow undertones. Most reds were either too dark, too orange/brown, too bright or too blue toned. I'd say this is more blue toned but in a good way...it makes my teeth look really white. I can't wear cool lipstick shades so it's more on the neutral side than cool. I admit that I was scared when I opened the tube and saw it. It looked more like a medium/deep hot pink shimmer. But when applied on the lips (without a liner), it's a beautiful red with slight pink undertones and gold shimmer. It does NOT look fuschia in the least (like MAC O did! LOL!). When I pair it with a brownish toned liner, the pink is cancelled out and it's just a lovely red. Paired with MAC Mahogany liner, it's a deep red. I like that the shimmer is very subtle...I was nervous about red AND shimmer. I've always thought red looked best when creamy or matte. I stand corrected. On another positive note, I finally found a way for Chanel Spark to work for me! I put it over New York Apple and the combo looks so lovely!

on 3/7/2004 10:27:00 AM

WOW - the perfect natural red! I found this by accident. It's listed as a frost, but it's so subtle that all the frost does is give your lips a fuller look. Blueish toned red, not the orangey red that makes your teeth look yellow. I have thin lips and avoid anything too dark. but this is perfect.

on 10/22/2003 8:21:00 PM

I have pale skin and thin lips, so the only things reds do are accentuate my thin lips and make me look washed out. This is definately not the ordinary red! It gave my lips unknown dimension (shades or berry, rose, flashes of pink) while still flattering my skin tone. For some *lucky* reason the lighter shades in the lipstick (pink/rose) only shows up on my pout (maybe the way the light hits it) so it makes my lips look fuller. A nice darker lipcolor alternative to Lancome Visionary and MAC O, my other staples.

on 1/19/2003 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a pretty rosey red color that's a bit more rose than red.

Another good MAC colour. This is like the Viva Glam 4 only a warmer version. Its a rich warm rose frost. Very pretty.

on 3/2/2002 12:19:00 PM

Everyone else says this is red - to me, it's a dark pink. It's very cooltoned, and I'd almost call it magenta. It's definitely pretty - very shimmery, and very nice with a gloss over it, but it's not red. It works best with a liner, it tends to look a little "unfinished" on its own.