MAC Frost Lipstick in New York Apple

MAC Frost Lipstick in New York Apple
MAC - Lipstick in New York Apple (Frost)Frost Lipstick in New York AppleFrost Lipstick in New York AppleFrost Lipstick in New York Apple

4.5

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I just repurchased New York Apple lipstick and decided that I always want to have this shade in my collection. It's a must have for pale skin tones and what I swipe on when I need to look brighter and more rested. I don't typically gravitate towards frosted lip colors, but NYA doesn't translate super frosty on my lips. It "lifts" my complexion and just makes me look and feel happier and more put together. NC15 for reference.

on 12/14/2016 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is my first frost lipstick from Mac. It is a sheer red leaning orange with shimmer and a bit of a foiled shine and I like it because it allows me to wear red without it being loud. This isn't a finish I usually wear it I've been really enjoying it. It is quite moisturising and wears off evenly, and I think it's perfect for Christmas.

on 12/6/2015 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is one of the few frosts that I like. It's a beautiful red that works well with muted, cool colours (Soft Summer). Paired with a dark, muted teal sweater, it's to die for. The catch is that it looks best when I conceal the red around my lips.

It works nicely as a red blush too.

on 10/16/2015 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Probably the only frost I would consider. I have dark lips and this is so beautiful. Layers make it opaque. Love it. Dupe is Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in Raspberry.Rimmel's A Drop of Sherry

on 12/29/2014 8:01:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

For reference: Light to medium, neutral to warm skin tone (NC/NW 25ish), combination skin (dry cheeks, slightly oily t-zone), sensitive skin with broken capillaries (cheek area), medium to dark brown hair, green eyes.

I was searching for a lipstick that would brighten up my face during the dreary winter months. I didn't want anything too dark or light. The MAC lady suggested New York Apple. It's a beautiful color, a mix of a red, pink, berry tone. Definitely brightens the face without being over the top. Yes it has frost, but with this particular color, I don't find it overly frosty looking on my lips, compared to others I have tried. A definite repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Purchased this for my Mom as she doesn't like bold color.She likes the way this is sheer with one swipe & its buildable so you can make more opaque.It really is a gorgeous color,not for me but is great for her.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is a beautiful color, despite its being a frost. I love it and it looks good on my NW43 complexion. I pair it with a vino lip liner, or currant. Beautiful. I would definitely purchase again.

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I bought this because I was looking for a lipstick that was red-toned but not an actual red. I wanted something more suited for everyday wear. Wow is this ever a lovely colour! It's a pinky reddish colour that looks GORGEOUS on! And pale girls - don't be afraid to try this one! It brightens up my ivory skin without looking overpowering or too theatrical. It almost looks luminescent. I got 3 compliments within half an hour of wearing this colour! When you want a bright colour but not crazy bold red, this is your go to colour. It does wear off kind of fast, but it doesn't bother me considering the beautiful, unique colour. Another great colour courtesy of MAC.

on 9/6/2013 5:32:00 PM

I just love this! I have kept at least one in my collection for years now!

on 7/25/2013 4:10:00 AM

Perfect shade for a night out! This is one of my hubbys favs lol.