MAC Frost Lipstick in New York Apple

Filtered by age: 25-29
MAC Frost Lipstick in New York Apple
MAC - Lipstick in New York Apple (Frost)Frost Lipstick in New York AppleFrost Lipstick in New York AppleFrost Lipstick in New York AppleFrost Lipstick in New York Apple

4.4

on 9/6/2013 5:32:00 PM

I just love this! I have kept at least one in my collection for years now!

This is the second MAC lipstick I've tried, and I'm in love. This color is incredible, the finish is absolutely NOT a traditional "frost," and this has a very comfortable weight. Best of all - no bleeding. I can't believe I'm only discovering this now.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

New York Apple is a gorgeous dark red lippie that just makes my whole look much better.

on 6/29/2009 5:29:00 PM

This is a beautiful bright raspberry, more complex than a typical lipstick. Definitely wouldn't call it anywhere near red, and I don't wear it like I would a red lipstick.

It's a bit funky and goes well with fun (though not too dramatic/overwhelming) eye makeup. The formula feels good and is long lasting. It gets a bit dull and boring I find if not kept freshly applied, though. You could probably solve that with a gloss but I hate gloss so I just reapply periodically.

There are few MAC lipsticks I like the look of, but this is one of them. I'm not sure I'm aware of a similar shade in other brands, so I may repurchase. Since I don't wear this often (funky is not my style really) that might not ever happen.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I went to MAC in search of a good lipstick/lipglass combo to achieve a bright raspberry red. The MA suggested this lipstick paired with VGVI lipglass among a few other things but this by far was the winner! The texture of the l/s is amazing and the color, even on its own, is stunning. It can be applied lightly for a pretty, somewhat sheer look, or applied heavily for a more dramatic effect. I will definitely purchase this again!

I'm NW20 with and I LOVE this red! I went to the counter looking for a red lipglass but couldn't quite commit to the bright red of CoC or the Russian Red glasses. Smells great too, one of my favorite things about MAC lip products!

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

How great is this lipstick?? I got it on a whim after taking back some of my eyeshadow pots for Back2Mac. I'm surprised I never noticed it sooner. A great pinky berry red with the perfect amount of shimmer. This is perfectly appropriate for daytime in the office I work at but could easily make a transition into a great night lipstick. This is definite HG status and will fit perfectly into my dizzying array of lipsticks I can't seem to live without. Love it!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is the first (good) red that I've ever worn. After some disastrous experiments in high school, I finally realized that I needed a pink-based red like this one.... I first picked up New York Apple seven years ago when the sales assistant suggested that it would look great with my cool, PPP skin. He was right! I don't wear it every day, because it stands out more than my usual glosses, but now that it's Fall, I think it adds a little oomph to my darker colored outfits... This is a frost, which is a word I generally shy away from, but you might say this is a more 'sophisticated' frost (i.e., not exactly *sparkly*).

on 9/19/2007 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I have a hard time wearing and finding a red coloured lipstick; but needless to say, I LOVE this one. "New York Apple" by MAC is the ONLY red lipstick that I can wear and look glamorous in. I have been using it for the past several years and will continue to buy it. I love it! I hope they don't discontinue this colour!

on 5/27/2007 3:19:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This is the only red lipsticks I have ever been able to wear! It's cool toned and bright and texture is smooth and velvety. For reference I'm a pale natural redhead with brown eyes.

Popular Lipsticks