MAC Cosmetics Retro Matte - Moxie ] [DISCONTINUED]

4.9

on 10/9/2013 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I hv been looking for this color for 8 years!!! I cldnt keep my eyes off of a redhead's lips bk then at an airport....I wanted to ask her what she was wearing. ..but she was involved in conversation and I had to run. I've been looking ever since.....just recently saw a swatch and description on the internet after I read it was 2nd highest choice by mac customers to be brought back by request last fall..... i just knew this cld very well be it! I took a chance and pd a pretty price for it on ebay.....recd it today and it's my lippie I've seached the cosmetic world over to find!!!! that perfection of pinkish red that looks gorge on fair and dark alike!!!!!!! Now I nd to find a backup..... :-) I never want to be without it.

on 9/28/2013 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Very happy that MAC repromoted this color! Gorgeous pinky red or red pink whatever. It's delicious. I actually the first release and the repromote plus the Antonio Lopez fuchsia lip palette. Needless to say I love it!

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

I was lucky to purchase this off of someone in the MAC community on LJ for ten bucks. I'd have to say this is the best ten bucks I've ever spent in my life. Moxie is a bright hot pink / fuschia color in matte formula. What I like is how non-drying this is for a matte formulation. I throw some Boy Magnet lip glass over this and VAVOOM.. sexy! I have a picture wearing this in my profile for this lip combo. I think any skin tone can pull off this color because it's so wearable. Sadly, it's discontinued. MAC always gets rid of all good colors :(

on 11/25/2006 11:28:00 PM

i love this beautiful color. the matte effect makes my lips look super full and pouty. the color is a hot fuschia but i love to use it with magenta lip liner to make it look more purpley. this is a very fun color, but i wouldnt say its for everyday use

on 9/15/2006 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I went to pick up more of this a few weeks ago and was told it was discontinued. I almost wept, seriously. I can't believe it's gone! Matte hot pink? Who will ever make that again??? Oy!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

*whistles* woo-wee, this is a super pretty bright pink, just love it. i feel so pretty and retro! i'm wearing moxie in my gallery pic where i have a red flower in my hair... check it out, it's sooo pretty, now go buy it!

on 4/27/2006 6:21:00 AM

I was searching for a pink version of Mac Russian Red (my hg pin-up red) and found it in Moxie (now my hg pin-up pink!) i'm a big fan of the 50s look, but wanted an alternative to the classic red lip. Moxie is so hard to find (i waited weeks to find it on ebay), but worth the time and hassle. On me it is a BRIGHT hot pink with reddish rather than blue undertones (compared with Nars Schiap) but it is a cool toned rather than warm pink. It does shout LOOK AT ME, I'M WEARING PINK LIPSTICK!!! Not for the wallflower, but for everyone else, it's a must!

I wish I COULD repurchase..but as usual MAC makes another winner that is impossible to get your hands on once it's gone.
MOXIE is a gorgeous deep hot fuchsia pink, VERY matte.
I forgot how much I used to be into Matte lipsticks in the 90's until I got this lipstick. I dont have a problem with it drying my lips out, but i use lip balm every night so my lips are in pretty good shape to begin with.
This is not for someone shy, or someone who wants to blend into the crowd, its definitely for a courageous woman. It'll get you noticed. But if you love bright and love matte lipstick and can actually FIND this color...I highly suggest trying it.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

This color is not for people afraid to wear bright colors on their lips. Moxie is one of the Retro Mattes [they seem to have this candylike smell--yum!], it's a deep almost fuchsia rose pink. It's nowhere near RED [as i've read on another review] Very intense and vibrant. No shimmer. It really brightens up my MMM complexion. The first time my bf saw me wearing it, he was caught off guard in a good way :)

on 11/19/2004 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Moxie is my current holy grail pink lipstick. It is matte,bright,intense and in the "cool" family. It is a "blue" based, vivid, bubblegum to hot pink shade. Great for spring and summer and west coast women. A must have if you like pinks and also if you are a matte lover. If you are a matte lipstick hater,skip it! If you are too modest for such a loud color,skip it! Moxie was a nice consolation prize for all of the awesome, old MAC pinks that were discontinued. RIP:Razzpa,Viva,Razzberry,Cha-Cha,Bolero,Pink Issimo,High Voltage,Pink Fuschia,Abby Rose and Rubine