Neutrogena Healthy Defense Oil-Free Sunblock Lotion SPF 45

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Neutrogena Healthy Defense Oil-Free Sunblock Lotion SPF 45

3.3

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone 2%, Homosalate 12%, Octinoxate 7.5%, Octisalate 5%, Oxybenzone 6% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Methylpropanediol, PVP/Eicosene Copolymer, Sorbitan Isostearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Isostearic Acid, Glycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Bisabolol, Triethanolamine, Cetyl Phosphate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Copolymer, Disodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Benzoic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Fragrance

on 12/27/2007 12:26:00 PM

I may the only one but I really love this stuff. It satisfies my need/craving for sun protection (I'm a cancer-phobe) and doesn't feel as greasy to me as the others I've tried. I didn't break out and it makes my normal/combination skin feel smooth and moisturized.
The high spf rating is the biggest plus for me-- something that's hard to find in a facial moisturizer.

on 8/12/2007 9:05:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I used this on vacation recently. Feels super greasy (as most other reviews said) and leaves your face very shiny. It helps to blot a bit after, but yeah that seems like it defeats the purpose of putting it on in the first place. Smells really nice IMO. Didn't seem to break me out. I'm mostly concerned with not breaking out from sunscreens...so I will probably repurchase this.

on 8/6/2007 9:18:00 PM

Not sure how something "oil-free" can feel so...oily. It leaves a shiny, greasy coating on my face that just makes me look dirty. Also, I seem to break out in gross little whiteheads everytime I wear it. The only good thing about this stuff is that it does protect from sunburn, which is great, if you can tolerate the grease-monkey look.

This is a horrible product. Is there silicone in this? It is so greasy, and floated into my eyes. My eyes are still irritated 2 days later. It is hard to wash off. And the topper, I got a pretty nasty sunburn. I will stick to Coppertone, or Banana Boat. New is not always better.

Like other reviewers, I found this product to make my face look and feel oily. I have naturally dry skin, so it doesn't make me break out, but it's not a pleasant feeling on a hot sweaty day. I do not recommend working out with this sunscreen; whenever I go rollerblading I get a terrible sting in my eyes. I like the coverage it gives me (I'm very fair and have NEVER burned with it on), but in a word, I'd say it's uncomfortable.

on 6/15/2006 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really like this product. Most sunscreens i've tried are way to heavy on my skin. It has a nice consistency and makes my skin smooth. Great for under makeup. I am very picky about my sunscreens, I always make sure that it is broad spectrum, oil free, light textured, and that it is recognized by the Canadian Dermatology Association. L'oreal Ombrelle was recommended for me by my doctor but it make my face look very oily and feel very heavy.

Really not quality product for quality price. It does a fine job protecting my skin from the sun, and I do realize that's what sunscreen is for. Still. The product claims to not be greasy, but my face is shinier than a newly waxed floor. Luckily it hasn't made me break out though. I have to put on tons of powder to cover it. The scent is fine, pretty good for a sunscreen. But when I'm not wearing makeup, I want a sunscreen to look like it's not even there. This product does not suceed with that.