Neutrogena Healthy Defense Oil-Free Sunblock Lotion SPF 45

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Neutrogena Healthy Defense Oil-Free Sunblock Lotion SPF 45

2.8

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone 2%, Homosalate 12%, Octinoxate 7.5%, Octisalate 5%, Oxybenzone 6% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Methylpropanediol, PVP/Eicosene Copolymer, Sorbitan Isostearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Isostearic Acid, Glycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Bisabolol, Triethanolamine, Cetyl Phosphate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Copolymer, Disodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Benzoic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Fragrance

on 4/18/2010 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This product is greasy and it smells like some variety of citrus... which is sort of strange but not bad. Overall, it does a good job and is easy to apply but I wouldn't use this on my face even though it's oil-free because of the grease factor. As a body sunblock it's fine.

My skin type: Combo & mild sensitivity. I got the Target alternative.

~Pros:
SPF 45 (enough for me=])
Less is more!(dot size is enough)
Cheap(around 7$-10$)
Absorbs fast
Squeeze tube

~Cons:
If used to much, it can be greasy/oily
Doesn't last very long(4-5 hours)/needs to be set with powder
Sunscreen smell(not to bad)
Chemical sunscreen
Gave me a rash on my face

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

At first I really liked this sunscreen. I loved the milky texture and it's really to apply (I only used it on my body.) But I found that it stays greasy even hours after applying. And one day after I applied it on my arms, I rested my elbow on a magazine. The printed color on the magazine cover was rubbed off and transferred onto my elbow! It really sucks this way!

on 8/2/2005 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Eh. It felt pretty nice when I applied it, breatheable, no sticky feeling and not much of a sunscreen smell that i hate so much. But then I looked into the mirror, my face was SHINNY. I'll admit that I have oily skin, so I struggle to find suncreen that doesn't trigger that, but I'm not usually that greasy! Anyways, I used a Clean&Clear blotting sheet to get rid of the shine and it was fine, but I don't think the purpose of applying sunscreen is to have to use an oil absorbing sheet right after (nor do I think it's a good idea since it probably takes off some of the sunscreen). Anyways, I'd repurchase if I can't find anything better (and I hope I do).

on 7/14/2005 8:21:00 PM

Ok, first the pros: this sunscreen has broadspectrum UVA and UVB, is water-resistant, has SPF45, and smells pretty decent for a sunscreen. Cons: Even though it says oil-free, I still feel like I just rubbed my face with butter after using this stuff. I turn GREASY! Also, the stuff seem not to be very sweat resistant, as the second I start any physical activity, I swear all this stuff gets washed right now into my dripping sweat and I get rays (as proved by my watch and sock tans)

Final Verdict: No, now I've found Ocean Potion thanks to Pville, I won't need to use this again. OP is also cheaper and cruelty-free, and smell nicer. And last longer. Thanks Pville! continued >>

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

It's definitely greasier than my DDF Matte Sunblock, but it doesn't put me into grease city either. I like the higher SPF and it's very light going on the skin. I put this over the Peter Thomas Roth mattifier though. It doesn't break me out and there's no ugly white cast or anything. It comes in an easy to squeeze tube and for a sunblock under $10, it's a great buy. DDF is now $22-26 for the same amount. It's the best of the Neutrogena sunblocks.