Neutrogena Healthy Defense Oil-Free Sunblock Lotion SPF 45

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Neutrogena Healthy Defense Oil-Free Sunblock Lotion SPF 45

2.9

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone 2%, Homosalate 12%, Octinoxate 7.5%, Octisalate 5%, Oxybenzone 6% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Methylpropanediol, PVP/Eicosene Copolymer, Sorbitan Isostearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Isostearic Acid, Glycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Bisabolol, Triethanolamine, Cetyl Phosphate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Copolymer, Disodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Benzoic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Fragrance

what a waste of time! I'm a mom of toddlers and I love using a moisturizer with spf. it cuts down on the time I take getting ready. I wsa at the drugstore and they were out of the spf30 one and I thought of well spf45 will just protect me longer right? ugh! my t zone was an oil slick! it clogged my pores and on top of that the suncreen is not stable!!! this one has gone into my trash and I will not be buying again. I currently use the biore spf30 mois and its wonderful.

This is a horrible product. Is there silicone in this? It is so greasy, and floated into my eyes. My eyes are still irritated 2 days later. It is hard to wash off. And the topper, I got a pretty nasty sunburn. I will stick to Coppertone, or Banana Boat. New is not always better.

on 4/12/2008 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is just too greasy for those with an oily T-zone. It may be "oil-free" but don't let that fool ya. Stays tacky throughout the day and does not seem to melt into the skin at all. I do like the smell of it though, nice orange scent. I'll just use it on my neck and such. Update: stains my clothes orange. Haven't noticed any breakouts so that's a plus. The search for SS continues....

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This sunblock feels cool and light and smells lemony. BUT, it makes my face so oily that I wouldn't want to be seen in public looking like that. If it is oil-free then why is my face so oily??? However, I spent a day outside and I did not get burned. I will not buy this again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I'm sorry to be in the minority as far as this sunblock goes. I bought this because of the sun protection factor and the fact that it is oil-free. Whether I put on a lot or a little, it goes on greasy, stays greasy, and takes forever to absorb. The sheen it leaves is acceptable on areas such as my shoulders and legs, but on areas like my cheeks, nose, and forehead it is a big no-no. I don't feel comfortable using less on my face because I want adequate protection. So pow-pow for you, Healthy Defense. There are plenty other sunblocks I can purchase which yield better results at half the price.

on 8/12/2007 9:05:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I used this on vacation recently. Feels super greasy (as most other reviews said) and leaves your face very shiny. It helps to blot a bit after, but yeah that seems like it defeats the purpose of putting it on in the first place. Smells really nice IMO. Didn't seem to break me out. I'm mostly concerned with not breaking out from sunscreens...so I will probably repurchase this.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I agree that this seems "greasy" considering it is oil-free, but I still somehow like it and have been wearing it the last week (I bought it for the beach and its November now) becasue I felt like my Keihl's Abyssine SPF15 was making me look too greasy, and I was sick of it. This is not going to give you a matte finish but it is a NICE finish for under makeup. It does not break me out, but I am mainly using it on the dryer parts of my face. The smell is nice to me-- kind of pineapple? Or something. The price is amazing compared to the HE things I usually use (the bottle is 4oz, and it was less than $10) so that's a plus. I am going to keep using this for the moment and recommend it if you like a natural, dewy finish. Use cream blush and just a little powder, and you'll glow :) Just kidding, everyone's different-- but its worth a try, it works for me.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

i love this sunblock. it doesnt have an offensive smell and it doesnt feel greasy. it does leave a sheen on ur skin like any other sunblock. it moisturizes so i dont need a separate lotion. would buy again.