Neutrogena Healthy Defense Oil-Free Sunblock Lotion SPF 45

Filtered by hair type : Other
Neutrogena Healthy Defense Oil-Free Sunblock Lotion SPF 45

3.0

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone 2%, Homosalate 12%, Octinoxate 7.5%, Octisalate 5%, Oxybenzone 6% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Methylpropanediol, PVP/Eicosene Copolymer, Sorbitan Isostearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Isostearic Acid, Glycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Bisabolol, Triethanolamine, Cetyl Phosphate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Copolymer, Disodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Benzoic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Fragrance

This is too greasy / sunsreen-y for everyday sun protection. But, this is the sunscreen I use on my face when I'm out in the sun.

I love the orange scent :) Like orange creamsicles! The oil-free formulation does not break me out (yea!) but does leave my face looking shiny.

According to some research I did online, this product protects against UVA and UVB rays, but is moderately unstable (3/10).

on 10/13/2005 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I have a dark complexion, but I still use sunscreen to protect my skin. This sunscreen is VERY greasy. It says its oil free, but it really makes your skin shiny. It doesn't break me out or anything, but it makes my face look like an oil slick! I've re-bought it (for the 2nd time) but I won't buy it again, because it feels very heavy on my skin.

on 8/16/2005 11:02:00 PM

This stuff left my face greasy, and I have REALLY dry skin so I would not recommend it unless you plan to wear foundation and powder over it. Price was fine, butjust too greasy:(

on 4/22/2005 7:02:00 PM

What I'm looking for in a facial sunblock: a very high SPF, completely non-comedegenic, as fragrance free as possible, blends well with makeup and moisturizer, non-stinging, and NOT shiny looking.

Neutrogena's Healthy Defense Oil-Free Sunblock 45 does most of these things: it doesn't break me out, isn't shiny (when worn with makeup - without MU it is) and doesn't sting. BUT: It does have a bit of scent (not coconutty, thank goodness) and also rolls into little balls when you combine it with some foundation primers.

The packaging is good, it dispenses through a fine tipped tube, which means no big globs coming out. It doesn't hit all my criteria, but it's still a solid choice for the money. continued >>