Neutrogena Healthy Defense Oil-Free Sunblock Lotion SPF 45

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Neutrogena Healthy Defense Oil-Free Sunblock Lotion SPF 45

2.7

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone 2%, Homosalate 12%, Octinoxate 7.5%, Octisalate 5%, Oxybenzone 6% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Methylpropanediol, PVP/Eicosene Copolymer, Sorbitan Isostearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Isostearic Acid, Glycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Bisabolol, Triethanolamine, Cetyl Phosphate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Copolymer, Disodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Benzoic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Fragrance

on 3/30/2009 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Ick. Even though oil-free, it made my skin a greasy mess.

on 10/29/2008 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Ugh...I'm never buying anything without consulting MakeupAlley ever again. This stuff is to greasy and it makes me breakout like crazy. I let is sit for 15 min and it still didn't absorb into my skin. The only remotely redeeming factor is that it smells nice but not nice enough to make me repurchase xP .

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

when I run out i will try something else.This is too greasy for me.

on 6/10/2006 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

First of all this sunscreen makes me SO greasy. I look like I just rubbed oil into my face. Yuck. Also it made my skin irritated when I put it on. Plus it irritatied me a lot more when I went into a pool with it on. It made my eyes sting really bad. I have semi sensitive skin and this product was not for me.

on 9/22/2005 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This stuff made me break out. Oil-free it says, but it feels gross. This is one of the few products I truly hate. And like most Neutrogena stuff, it stinks.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought this in hopes the oil-free formula would be non-greasy, but it just isn't. Whenever I wear this, it looks like I just dipped my face into a frying pan. It was 9 dollars for 4 ounces, rather expensive for a drugstore brand. The only good thing about this sunscreen is it didn't break out my oily skin. I would like to try the Ultra Sheer SPF 45 next, in hope it is more matte.
I will not repurchase. I just expected more. continued >>

on 6/10/2004 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Finally a sunscreen that doesn't break me out! I put this on under my makeup every day and it makes it stay on a lot longer.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I'm sorry to be in the minority as far as this sunblock goes. I bought this because of the sun protection factor and the fact that it is oil-free. Whether I put on a lot or a little, it goes on greasy, stays greasy, and takes forever to absorb. The sheen it leaves is acceptable on areas such as my shoulders and legs, but on areas like my cheeks, nose, and forehead it is a big no-no. I don't feel comfortable using less on my face because I want adequate protection. So pow-pow for you, Healthy Defense. There are plenty other sunblocks I can purchase which yield better results at half the price.

on 5/12/2003 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Doesn't feel greasy at all. My only problem is that the amount is small and I could buy a larger bottle of a different brand at a similar price. But this is definitely worth buying again.