Neutrogena Healthy Defense Oil-Free Sunblock Lotion SPF 45

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Neutrogena Healthy Defense Oil-Free Sunblock Lotion SPF 45

2.9

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone 2%, Homosalate 12%, Octinoxate 7.5%, Octisalate 5%, Oxybenzone 6% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Methylpropanediol, PVP/Eicosene Copolymer, Sorbitan Isostearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Isostearic Acid, Glycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Bisabolol, Triethanolamine, Cetyl Phosphate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Copolymer, Disodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Benzoic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Fragrance

My skin type: Combo & mild sensitivity. I got the Target alternative.

~Pros:
SPF 45 (enough for me=])
Less is more!(dot size is enough)
Cheap(around 7$-10$)
Absorbs fast
Squeeze tube

~Cons:
If used to much, it can be greasy/oily
Doesn't last very long(4-5 hours)/needs to be set with powder
Sunscreen smell(not to bad)
Chemical sunscreen
Gave me a rash on my face

on 3/28/2009 5:03:00 PM

HG when it comes to sun screen :D light enoughh for a sunscreen and SPF45!! that's great for the summer. i got mine for $12 around but its probably cause i live in canada =_= i wish i found the one with a tint but they didn't have it so i had to buy the untinted one =.=

what a waste of time! I'm a mom of toddlers and I love using a moisturizer with spf. it cuts down on the time I take getting ready. I wsa at the drugstore and they were out of the spf30 one and I thought of well spf45 will just protect me longer right? ugh! my t zone was an oil slick! it clogged my pores and on top of that the suncreen is not stable!!! this one has gone into my trash and I will not be buying again. I currently use the biore spf30 mois and its wonderful.

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Quite a mediocre product. It does protect me from the sun, and doesn't really seem to break me out, but it is very greasy and leaves my face not only shiny but with really big pores like a paper towel. I have to put way more foundation over it than I usually use, and powder, and my makeup doesn't last nearly as long. I needed this for everyday!! I'm giving it a 4 for price since it is pretty expensive for what it is. Can't imagine what this has in it that makes it so greasy since there's no oil!

on 4/12/2008 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is just too greasy for those with an oily T-zone. It may be "oil-free" but don't let that fool ya. Stays tacky throughout the day and does not seem to melt into the skin at all. I do like the smell of it though, nice orange scent. I'll just use it on my neck and such. Update: stains my clothes orange. Haven't noticed any breakouts so that's a plus. The search for SS continues....

i love this stuff, i use it everyday, rain or shine. i wash my face and put the sunscreen on right away and get dressed/eat breakfast, so that it settles before i do my makeup. maybe that's why i don't see an oil slick as some other reviewers mentioned? i usually take a few minutes to make sure i rub it in also. i find that if i rush it, i have white streaks and i'm afraid the coverage will be uneven, so i make sure to do it in front of the mirror.

will continue to buy because its super cheap and feels good on my face. i've tried fancier brands like shisheido (the blue bottle) but i find that i like this one better because of the consistency (lighter than shisheido).

i also use primer before my foundation and my makeup looks perfect. no oily mess. let this set in for a few minutes before you do your makeup, you will notice a big difference.

on 1/2/2008 11:29:00 AM

I have to admit, I really don't understand all of the bad reviews on this sunscreen. I actually love it. The bottle is easy to use and aesthetically attractive, and the way it dispenses lets you keep track of how much product you are using. This product is not greasy, in fact, it dries rather quickly and it is very good at moisturizing, though drier skin types might want to put on a bit more on problem areas before heading out. For all those who have complained about their makeup sliding off, primer should be the solution to that problem. Bare Escentuals PRIME TIME is a great product for the job, it mattifies and keeps makeup on. Overall, don't be scared by the bad reviews, there are plenty of good ones on this product and it's worth a try.

on 8/12/2007 9:05:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I used this on vacation recently. Feels super greasy (as most other reviews said) and leaves your face very shiny. It helps to blot a bit after, but yeah that seems like it defeats the purpose of putting it on in the first place. Smells really nice IMO. Didn't seem to break me out. I'm mostly concerned with not breaking out from sunscreens...so I will probably repurchase this.

on 6/28/2006 8:09:00 PM

Holy oil slicks batman. This sunscreen felt and looked like baby oil on my face. In addition, it makes my eyes sting and the smell is quite strong (although inoffensive). It does work as a sunscreen so it does do the job. I was about to toss it because of the greasiness. Then I tried it over NeoStrata's toning solution and it completely changed. There is very little shine at all. I will finish the bottle (too cheap to throw it out now) but I won't repurchase.

Really not quality product for quality price. It does a fine job protecting my skin from the sun, and I do realize that's what sunscreen is for. Still. The product claims to not be greasy, but my face is shinier than a newly waxed floor. Luckily it hasn't made me break out though. I have to put on tons of powder to cover it. The scent is fine, pretty good for a sunscreen. But when I'm not wearing makeup, I want a sunscreen to look like it's not even there. This product does not suceed with that.