Neutrogena Healthy Defense Oil-Free Sunblock Lotion SPF 45

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Neutrogena Healthy Defense Oil-Free Sunblock Lotion SPF 45

2.9

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone 2%, Homosalate 12%, Octinoxate 7.5%, Octisalate 5%, Oxybenzone 6% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Methylpropanediol, PVP/Eicosene Copolymer, Sorbitan Isostearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Isostearic Acid, Glycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Bisabolol, Triethanolamine, Cetyl Phosphate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Copolymer, Disodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Benzoic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Fragrance

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

i bought the because i need a sunblock for face and the fact that it said oil-free attracted my to it.this is horrible it's very gresy and leaves my face to shiny the only time i use it is in the winter when my skin gets extra dry and starts to peel.i was so disappointed in this.

on 8/16/2005 10:58:00 PM

Oh man, this sunscreen turns me into a greasemonster! It's sooo bad. It even makes the skin on my arms all shiny and sticky looking. It takes forever for your skin to absorb this stuff so you have to wait a while to put on make-up. It also has a really strong "sunscreen'' fragrance that I just don't like. I mean, people don't need to be smelling sunscreen on me. It's just not necessary.

on 8/4/2005 1:46:00 PM

This sunscreen does the job, but there are definitely better sunblocks out there. Despite it's claim of being non-greasy, this sunblock is possibly one of the greasiest of all the ones I've tried. If you're a leg-crosser, beware. Your legs will feel as if you've slathered olive oil on them! I'd suggest trying Neutrogena's Active Breathable Sunblock instead.

on 5/14/2007 11:05:00 PM

The protection is really good. I haven't been burned yet. But for being "oil-free" it really is rather greasy like others have stated. However I've found that if I let it set for five to ten minutes and then put my make up on, the make up hides the greasiness really well.

on 7/14/2005 8:21:00 PM

Ok, first the pros: this sunscreen has broadspectrum UVA and UVB, is water-resistant, has SPF45, and smells pretty decent for a sunscreen. Cons: Even though it says oil-free, I still feel like I just rubbed my face with butter after using this stuff. I turn GREASY! Also, the stuff seem not to be very sweat resistant, as the second I start any physical activity, I swear all this stuff gets washed right now into my dripping sweat and I get rays (as proved by my watch and sock tans)

Final Verdict: No, now I've found Ocean Potion thanks to Pville, I won't need to use this again. OP is also cheaper and cruelty-free, and smell nicer. And last longer. Thanks Pville! continued >>

on 12/27/2007 12:26:00 PM

I may the only one but I really love this stuff. It satisfies my need/craving for sun protection (I'm a cancer-phobe) and doesn't feel as greasy to me as the others I've tried. I didn't break out and it makes my normal/combination skin feel smooth and moisturized.
The high spf rating is the biggest plus for me-- something that's hard to find in a facial moisturizer.

As advertised, lightweight and non-greasy. I went to the zoo on a hot sunny day and applied this sunblock lotion and it felt so light like I didn't have anything on my skin at all, I love the light citrus-y scent this has, unlike the typical sunblock scent you would get from something like banana boat. This is perfect for the face so you won't break out the day after you applied it. I would recommend this to anyone and I would re-purchase it ;] esp. for the summer!