Neutrogena Healthy Defense Oil-Free Sunblock Lotion SPF 45

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Neutrogena Healthy Defense Oil-Free Sunblock Lotion SPF 45

2.8

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone 2%, Homosalate 12%, Octinoxate 7.5%, Octisalate 5%, Oxybenzone 6% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Methylpropanediol, PVP/Eicosene Copolymer, Sorbitan Isostearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Isostearic Acid, Glycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Bisabolol, Triethanolamine, Cetyl Phosphate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Copolymer, Disodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Benzoic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Fragrance

on 8/16/2005 11:02:00 PM

This stuff left my face greasy, and I have REALLY dry skin so I would not recommend it unless you plan to wear foundation and powder over it. Price was fine, butjust too greasy:(

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I bought this one because of the high SPF and because I couldn't find the one I used last summer -- (Neutrogena's Healthy Defense Daily Moisturizer with SPF 30). So far, it's made my face appear oily (and I have dry skin to boot!). I will have to try applying it like how others have recommended to see if there's any difference. Otherwise, it's time for me to hunt down the moisturizer instead, since that one goes on fairly matte.

I like this sunscreen for body but would not recommend it on my face, it makes me sting for some reason. For body its nice and not too heavy; it does leave a "greasy" feeling as with a lot of sunscreens. I like to put this on after the shower but if its a rush morning w/ no shower time I use one of the Neutrogena sprays since this one is harder to keep off clothes with no residue.

EDIT: I've decided against using chemical sunscreens so I won't be re-purchasing after this is used up; I'm going to try Clarins Dayscreen UV40 for my face and Blue Lizard Baby Spf 30 for body.

Like other reviewers, I found this product to make my face look and feel oily. I have naturally dry skin, so it doesn't make me break out, but it's not a pleasant feeling on a hot sweaty day. I do not recommend working out with this sunscreen; whenever I go rollerblading I get a terrible sting in my eyes. I like the coverage it gives me (I'm very fair and have NEVER burned with it on), but in a word, I'd say it's uncomfortable.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I agree that this seems "greasy" considering it is oil-free, but I still somehow like it and have been wearing it the last week (I bought it for the beach and its November now) becasue I felt like my Keihl's Abyssine SPF15 was making me look too greasy, and I was sick of it. This is not going to give you a matte finish but it is a NICE finish for under makeup. It does not break me out, but I am mainly using it on the dryer parts of my face. The smell is nice to me-- kind of pineapple? Or something. The price is amazing compared to the HE things I usually use (the bottle is 4oz, and it was less than $10) so that's a plus. I am going to keep using this for the moment and recommend it if you like a natural, dewy finish. Use cream blush and just a little powder, and you'll glow :) Just kidding, everyone's different-- but its worth a try, it works for me.