Neutrogena Healthy Defense Oil-Free Sunblock Lotion SPF 45

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Neutrogena Healthy Defense Oil-Free Sunblock Lotion SPF 45

2.7

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone 2%, Homosalate 12%, Octinoxate 7.5%, Octisalate 5%, Oxybenzone 6% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Methylpropanediol, PVP/Eicosene Copolymer, Sorbitan Isostearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Isostearic Acid, Glycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Bisabolol, Triethanolamine, Cetyl Phosphate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Copolymer, Disodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Benzoic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Fragrance

This is a horrible product. Is there silicone in this? It is so greasy, and floated into my eyes. My eyes are still irritated 2 days later. It is hard to wash off. And the topper, I got a pretty nasty sunburn. I will stick to Coppertone, or Banana Boat. New is not always better.

on 6/10/2006 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

First of all this sunscreen makes me SO greasy. I look like I just rubbed oil into my face. Yuck. Also it made my skin irritated when I put it on. Plus it irritatied me a lot more when I went into a pool with it on. It made my eyes sting really bad. I have semi sensitive skin and this product was not for me.

on 11/15/2010 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This sunscreen is...mah. It doesn't break me out, so good on them, but it doesn't really seem to protect me from the sun, either. With most sunscreens, I seem to be able to stretch out reapplying time to once every three or so hours, but with this, I'm burned within 90 minutes. Overall, it won't clog your pores, as promised, but an SPF of 45 seems a little excessive.

on 6/28/2006 8:09:00 PM

Holy oil slicks batman. This sunscreen felt and looked like baby oil on my face. In addition, it makes my eyes sting and the smell is quite strong (although inoffensive). It does work as a sunscreen so it does do the job. I was about to toss it because of the greasiness. Then I tried it over NeoStrata's toning solution and it completely changed. There is very little shine at all. I will finish the bottle (too cheap to throw it out now) but I won't repurchase.

on 8/16/2005 11:02:00 PM

This stuff left my face greasy, and I have REALLY dry skin so I would not recommend it unless you plan to wear foundation and powder over it. Price was fine, butjust too greasy:(

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I bought this one because of the high SPF and because I couldn't find the one I used last summer -- (Neutrogena's Healthy Defense Daily Moisturizer with SPF 30). So far, it's made my face appear oily (and I have dry skin to boot!). I will have to try applying it like how others have recommended to see if there's any difference. Otherwise, it's time for me to hunt down the moisturizer instead, since that one goes on fairly matte.

I like this sunscreen for body but would not recommend it on my face, it makes me sting for some reason. For body its nice and not too heavy; it does leave a "greasy" feeling as with a lot of sunscreens. I like to put this on after the shower but if its a rush morning w/ no shower time I use one of the Neutrogena sprays since this one is harder to keep off clothes with no residue.

EDIT: I've decided against using chemical sunscreens so I won't be re-purchasing after this is used up; I'm going to try Clarins Dayscreen UV40 for my face and Blue Lizard Baby Spf 30 for body.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

when I run out i will try something else.This is too greasy for me.

Like other reviewers, I found this product to make my face look and feel oily. I have naturally dry skin, so it doesn't make me break out, but it's not a pleasant feeling on a hot sweaty day. I do not recommend working out with this sunscreen; whenever I go rollerblading I get a terrible sting in my eyes. I like the coverage it gives me (I'm very fair and have NEVER burned with it on), but in a word, I'd say it's uncomfortable.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This sunblock feels cool and light and smells lemony. BUT, it makes my face so oily that I wouldn't want to be seen in public looking like that. If it is oil-free then why is my face so oily??? However, I spent a day outside and I did not get burned. I will not buy this again.