Neutrogena Healthy Defense Oil-Free Sunblock Lotion SPF 45

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Neutrogena Healthy Defense Oil-Free Sunblock Lotion SPF 45

2.7

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone 2%, Homosalate 12%, Octinoxate 7.5%, Octisalate 5%, Oxybenzone 6% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Methylpropanediol, PVP/Eicosene Copolymer, Sorbitan Isostearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Isostearic Acid, Glycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Bisabolol, Triethanolamine, Cetyl Phosphate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Copolymer, Disodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Benzoic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Fragrance

on 11/15/2010 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This sunscreen is...mah. It doesn't break me out, so good on them, but it doesn't really seem to protect me from the sun, either. With most sunscreens, I seem to be able to stretch out reapplying time to once every three or so hours, but with this, I'm burned within 90 minutes. Overall, it won't clog your pores, as promised, but an SPF of 45 seems a little excessive.

on 9/21/2010 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have light skin, am prone to sun burn and I am also acne-prone.
Many lotions give me breakouts, but not this one.
I use it on my face every day, and it both protects it from sun damage and moisturizes my skin without breaking me out.
It has a great texture and makes my skin soft, it also smells very nice of citrus.
What I also like about it is that it won't make your skin look greasy as many other sunblock lotions do.
I am on my second bottle of this and I can tell, one will last a year or longer if used only on the face and neck as I do.

I like this sunscreen for body but would not recommend it on my face, it makes me sting for some reason. For body its nice and not too heavy; it does leave a "greasy" feeling as with a lot of sunscreens. I like to put this on after the shower but if its a rush morning w/ no shower time I use one of the Neutrogena sprays since this one is harder to keep off clothes with no residue.

EDIT: I've decided against using chemical sunscreens so I won't be re-purchasing after this is used up; I'm going to try Clarins Dayscreen UV40 for my face and Blue Lizard Baby Spf 30 for body.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

when I run out i will try something else.This is too greasy for me.

This is too greasy / sunsreen-y for everyday sun protection. But, this is the sunscreen I use on my face when I'm out in the sun.

I love the orange scent :) Like orange creamsicles! The oil-free formulation does not break me out (yea!) but does leave my face looking shiny.

According to some research I did online, this product protects against UVA and UVB rays, but is moderately unstable (3/10).

This is a horrible product. Is there silicone in this? It is so greasy, and floated into my eyes. My eyes are still irritated 2 days later. It is hard to wash off. And the topper, I got a pretty nasty sunburn. I will stick to Coppertone, or Banana Boat. New is not always better.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I agree that this seems "greasy" considering it is oil-free, but I still somehow like it and have been wearing it the last week (I bought it for the beach and its November now) becasue I felt like my Keihl's Abyssine SPF15 was making me look too greasy, and I was sick of it. This is not going to give you a matte finish but it is a NICE finish for under makeup. It does not break me out, but I am mainly using it on the dryer parts of my face. The smell is nice to me-- kind of pineapple? Or something. The price is amazing compared to the HE things I usually use (the bottle is 4oz, and it was less than $10) so that's a plus. I am going to keep using this for the moment and recommend it if you like a natural, dewy finish. Use cream blush and just a little powder, and you'll glow :) Just kidding, everyone's different-- but its worth a try, it works for me.

on 6/28/2006 8:09:00 PM

Holy oil slicks batman. This sunscreen felt and looked like baby oil on my face. In addition, it makes my eyes sting and the smell is quite strong (although inoffensive). It does work as a sunscreen so it does do the job. I was about to toss it because of the greasiness. Then I tried it over NeoStrata's toning solution and it completely changed. There is very little shine at all. I will finish the bottle (too cheap to throw it out now) but I won't repurchase.

Like other reviewers, I found this product to make my face look and feel oily. I have naturally dry skin, so it doesn't make me break out, but it's not a pleasant feeling on a hot sweaty day. I do not recommend working out with this sunscreen; whenever I go rollerblading I get a terrible sting in my eyes. I like the coverage it gives me (I'm very fair and have NEVER burned with it on), but in a word, I'd say it's uncomfortable.

on 6/10/2006 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

First of all this sunscreen makes me SO greasy. I look like I just rubbed oil into my face. Yuck. Also it made my skin irritated when I put it on. Plus it irritatied me a lot more when I went into a pool with it on. It made my eyes sting really bad. I have semi sensitive skin and this product was not for me.