Neutrogena Healthy Defense Oil-Free Sunblock Lotion SPF 45

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Neutrogena Healthy Defense Oil-Free Sunblock Lotion SPF 45

3.3

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone 2%, Homosalate 12%, Octinoxate 7.5%, Octisalate 5%, Oxybenzone 6% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Methylpropanediol, PVP/Eicosene Copolymer, Sorbitan Isostearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Isostearic Acid, Glycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Bisabolol, Triethanolamine, Cetyl Phosphate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Copolymer, Disodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Benzoic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Fragrance

on 3/28/2009 5:03:00 PM

HG when it comes to sun screen :D light enoughh for a sunscreen and SPF45!! that's great for the summer. i got mine for $12 around but its probably cause i live in canada =_= i wish i found the one with a tint but they didn't have it so i had to buy the untinted one =.=

on 9/6/2008 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This stuff stings like no other on me. I wanted it to work for me b/c I need a high SPF sunscreen since SPF30 doesn't do it anymore. I was really disappointed in this.

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Quite a mediocre product. It does protect me from the sun, and doesn't really seem to break me out, but it is very greasy and leaves my face not only shiny but with really big pores like a paper towel. I have to put way more foundation over it than I usually use, and powder, and my makeup doesn't last nearly as long. I needed this for everyday!! I'm giving it a 4 for price since it is pretty expensive for what it is. Can't imagine what this has in it that makes it so greasy since there's no oil!

As advertised, lightweight and non-greasy. I went to the zoo on a hot sunny day and applied this sunblock lotion and it felt so light like I didn't have anything on my skin at all, I love the light citrus-y scent this has, unlike the typical sunblock scent you would get from something like banana boat. This is perfect for the face so you won't break out the day after you applied it. I would recommend this to anyone and I would re-purchase it ;] esp. for the summer!

This is an okay sunblock. Kind of expensive for a drugstore brand, but if it really felt like it was oil free, I would pay the price. Unfortunately, this is not oil free. Pro: it isn't as greasy as some other sunscreens that I've tried. Con: still not matte enough though. Sigh....I'll keep looking for my HG sunblock. I guess this would be ok if you had really dry skin...

on 4/22/2005 7:02:00 PM

What I'm looking for in a facial sunblock: a very high SPF, completely non-comedegenic, as fragrance free as possible, blends well with makeup and moisturizer, non-stinging, and NOT shiny looking.

Neutrogena's Healthy Defense Oil-Free Sunblock 45 does most of these things: it doesn't break me out, isn't shiny (when worn with makeup - without MU it is) and doesn't sting. BUT: It does have a bit of scent (not coconutty, thank goodness) and also rolls into little balls when you combine it with some foundation primers.

The packaging is good, it dispenses through a fine tipped tube, which means no big globs coming out. It doesn't hit all my criteria, but it's still a solid choice for the money. continued >>