Neutrogena Healthy Defense Oil-Free Sunblock Lotion SPF 45

Neutrogena Healthy Defense Oil-Free Sunblock Lotion SPF 45

3.0

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone 2%, Homosalate 12%, Octinoxate 7.5%, Octisalate 5%, Oxybenzone 6% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Methylpropanediol, PVP/Eicosene Copolymer, Sorbitan Isostearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Isostearic Acid, Glycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Bisabolol, Triethanolamine, Cetyl Phosphate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Copolymer, Disodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Benzoic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Fragrance

on 9/21/2010 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have light skin, am prone to sun burn and I am also acne-prone.
Many lotions give me breakouts, but not this one.
I use it on my face every day, and it both protects it from sun damage and moisturizes my skin without breaking me out.
It has a great texture and makes my skin soft, it also smells very nice of citrus.
What I also like about it is that it won't make your skin look greasy as many other sunblock lotions do.
I am on my second bottle of this and I can tell, one will last a year or longer if used only on the face and neck as I do.

on 1/2/2008 11:29:00 AM

I have to admit, I really don't understand all of the bad reviews on this sunscreen. I actually love it. The bottle is easy to use and aesthetically attractive, and the way it dispenses lets you keep track of how much product you are using. This product is not greasy, in fact, it dries rather quickly and it is very good at moisturizing, though drier skin types might want to put on a bit more on problem areas before heading out. For all those who have complained about their makeup sliding off, primer should be the solution to that problem. Bare Escentuals PRIME TIME is a great product for the job, it mattifies and keeps makeup on. Overall, don't be scared by the bad reviews, there are plenty of good ones on this product and it's worth a try.

on 12/27/2007 12:26:00 PM

I may the only one but I really love this stuff. It satisfies my need/craving for sun protection (I'm a cancer-phobe) and doesn't feel as greasy to me as the others I've tried. I didn't break out and it makes my normal/combination skin feel smooth and moisturized.
The high spf rating is the biggest plus for me-- something that's hard to find in a facial moisturizer.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I agree that this seems "greasy" considering it is oil-free, but I still somehow like it and have been wearing it the last week (I bought it for the beach and its November now) becasue I felt like my Keihl's Abyssine SPF15 was making me look too greasy, and I was sick of it. This is not going to give you a matte finish but it is a NICE finish for under makeup. It does not break me out, but I am mainly using it on the dryer parts of my face. The smell is nice to me-- kind of pineapple? Or something. The price is amazing compared to the HE things I usually use (the bottle is 4oz, and it was less than $10) so that's a plus. I am going to keep using this for the moment and recommend it if you like a natural, dewy finish. Use cream blush and just a little powder, and you'll glow :) Just kidding, everyone's different-- but its worth a try, it works for me.

on 10/13/2005 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I have a dark complexion, but I still use sunscreen to protect my skin. This sunscreen is VERY greasy. It says its oil free, but it really makes your skin shiny. It doesn't break me out or anything, but it makes my face look like an oil slick! I've re-bought it (for the 2nd time) but I won't buy it again, because it feels very heavy on my skin.

on 7/1/2003 10:36:00 AM

This is such a great sunblock. I was hating it for awhile because I hadn't figured out how to apply it. The trick is to smear it on and wait about 5 minutes (I usually curl my eyelashes, or moisturize) during this wait, then apply foudation. By that time it looks and feels matte. If you try to rush it, it will feel gross and greasy. I took off one lipstick because it's not waterproof.

on 11/15/2010 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This sunscreen is...mah. It doesn't break me out, so good on them, but it doesn't really seem to protect me from the sun, either. With most sunscreens, I seem to be able to stretch out reapplying time to once every three or so hours, but with this, I'm burned within 90 minutes. Overall, it won't clog your pores, as promised, but an SPF of 45 seems a little excessive.

on 4/18/2010 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This product is greasy and it smells like some variety of citrus... which is sort of strange but not bad. Overall, it does a good job and is easy to apply but I wouldn't use this on my face even though it's oil-free because of the grease factor. As a body sunblock it's fine.

My skin type: Combo & mild sensitivity. I got the Target alternative.

~Pros:
SPF 45 (enough for me=])
Less is more!(dot size is enough)
Cheap(around 7$-10$)
Absorbs fast
Squeeze tube

~Cons:
If used to much, it can be greasy/oily
Doesn't last very long(4-5 hours)/needs to be set with powder
Sunscreen smell(not to bad)
Chemical sunscreen
Gave me a rash on my face

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

i bought the because i need a sunblock for face and the fact that it said oil-free attracted my to it.this is horrible it's very gresy and leaves my face to shiny the only time i use it is in the winter when my skin gets extra dry and starts to peel.i was so disappointed in this.