Neutrogena Healthy Defense Oil-Free Sunblock Lotion SPF 45

Neutrogena Healthy Defense Oil-Free Sunblock Lotion SPF 45

3.0

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone 2%, Homosalate 12%, Octinoxate 7.5%, Octisalate 5%, Oxybenzone 6% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Methylpropanediol, PVP/Eicosene Copolymer, Sorbitan Isostearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Isostearic Acid, Glycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Bisabolol, Triethanolamine, Cetyl Phosphate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Copolymer, Disodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Benzoic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Fragrance

on 5/12/2003 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Doesn't feel greasy at all. My only problem is that the amount is small and I could buy a larger bottle of a different brand at a similar price. But this is definitely worth buying again.

on 7/1/2003 10:36:00 AM

This is such a great sunblock. I was hating it for awhile because I hadn't figured out how to apply it. The trick is to smear it on and wait about 5 minutes (I usually curl my eyelashes, or moisturize) during this wait, then apply foudation. By that time it looks and feels matte. If you try to rush it, it will feel gross and greasy. I took off one lipstick because it's not waterproof.

best sunscreen ever, it's not greasy at all, so i can put it on my face and it won't break me out

if I have to, I would buy this product again. Up until recently, it was clogging my pores and making me nose extremely oily and greasy, not cool. Today, however, I finally discovered the right way of applying it. The trick is dotting a tiny bit onto each cheek and blending it in thoroughly (upwards circles!)...this way, I found that it totally didn't feel greasy or sticky/filmy like how sunscreen usually feels, and now it feels a lot better. However, I am waiting for the Ultra Sheer Dry Touch SPF 45, so maybe that one works better than this!!

on 2/19/2004 6:45:00 AM

I like this one for my body, face, just not around the eyes. It tends to sting them. I very sensitive skin, and LOVE sharing cheaper products, that work, with others with sensitive AND acne prone skin. I know the horror of that combination, so I will share with ALL of you out there, my cheaper.......and, unfortunatly( , more expensive products,( Perricone) that actually work, for us. You know who you are, the ones whose Demetologists look puzzled when
dealing with our countless...."I am getting a rash AND braking out"...phone calls.......

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

i love this sunblock. it doesnt have an offensive smell and it doesnt feel greasy. it does leave a sheen on ur skin like any other sunblock. it moisturizes so i dont need a separate lotion. would buy again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I'm sorry to be in the minority as far as this sunblock goes. I bought this because of the sun protection factor and the fact that it is oil-free. Whether I put on a lot or a little, it goes on greasy, stays greasy, and takes forever to absorb. The sheen it leaves is acceptable on areas such as my shoulders and legs, but on areas like my cheeks, nose, and forehead it is a big no-no. I don't feel comfortable using less on my face because I want adequate protection. So pow-pow for you, Healthy Defense. There are plenty other sunblocks I can purchase which yield better results at half the price.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I bought this one because of the high SPF and because I couldn't find the one I used last summer -- (Neutrogena's Healthy Defense Daily Moisturizer with SPF 30). So far, it's made my face appear oily (and I have dry skin to boot!). I will have to try applying it like how others have recommended to see if there's any difference. Otherwise, it's time for me to hunt down the moisturizer instead, since that one goes on fairly matte.

on 6/10/2004 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Finally a sunscreen that doesn't break me out! I put this on under my makeup every day and it makes it stay on a lot longer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This sunblock feels cool and light and smells lemony. BUT, it makes my face so oily that I wouldn't want to be seen in public looking like that. If it is oil-free then why is my face so oily??? However, I spent a day outside and I did not get burned. I will not buy this again.