Neutrogena Healthy Defense Oil-Free Sunblock Lotion SPF 45

Filtered by age: 25-29
Neutrogena Healthy Defense Oil-Free Sunblock Lotion SPF 45

3.3

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone 2%, Homosalate 12%, Octinoxate 7.5%, Octisalate 5%, Oxybenzone 6% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Methylpropanediol, PVP/Eicosene Copolymer, Sorbitan Isostearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Isostearic Acid, Glycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Bisabolol, Triethanolamine, Cetyl Phosphate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Copolymer, Disodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Benzoic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Fragrance

on 9/22/2005 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This stuff made me break out. Oil-free it says, but it feels gross. This is one of the few products I truly hate. And like most Neutrogena stuff, it stinks.

on 11/15/2010 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This sunscreen is...mah. It doesn't break me out, so good on them, but it doesn't really seem to protect me from the sun, either. With most sunscreens, I seem to be able to stretch out reapplying time to once every three or so hours, but with this, I'm burned within 90 minutes. Overall, it won't clog your pores, as promised, but an SPF of 45 seems a little excessive.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I bought this one because of the high SPF and because I couldn't find the one I used last summer -- (Neutrogena's Healthy Defense Daily Moisturizer with SPF 30). So far, it's made my face appear oily (and I have dry skin to boot!). I will have to try applying it like how others have recommended to see if there's any difference. Otherwise, it's time for me to hunt down the moisturizer instead, since that one goes on fairly matte.

I like this sunscreen for body but would not recommend it on my face, it makes me sting for some reason. For body its nice and not too heavy; it does leave a "greasy" feeling as with a lot of sunscreens. I like to put this on after the shower but if its a rush morning w/ no shower time I use one of the Neutrogena sprays since this one is harder to keep off clothes with no residue.

EDIT: I've decided against using chemical sunscreens so I won't be re-purchasing after this is used up; I'm going to try Clarins Dayscreen UV40 for my face and Blue Lizard Baby Spf 30 for body.

Like other reviewers, I found this product to make my face look and feel oily. I have naturally dry skin, so it doesn't make me break out, but it's not a pleasant feeling on a hot sweaty day. I do not recommend working out with this sunscreen; whenever I go rollerblading I get a terrible sting in my eyes. I like the coverage it gives me (I'm very fair and have NEVER burned with it on), but in a word, I'd say it's uncomfortable.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

It's definitely greasier than my DDF Matte Sunblock, but it doesn't put me into grease city either. I like the higher SPF and it's very light going on the skin. I put this over the Peter Thomas Roth mattifier though. It doesn't break me out and there's no ugly white cast or anything. It comes in an easy to squeeze tube and for a sunblock under $10, it's a great buy. DDF is now $22-26 for the same amount. It's the best of the Neutrogena sunblocks.

This is too greasy / sunsreen-y for everyday sun protection. But, this is the sunscreen I use on my face when I'm out in the sun.

I love the orange scent :) Like orange creamsicles! The oil-free formulation does not break me out (yea!) but does leave my face looking shiny.

According to some research I did online, this product protects against UVA and UVB rays, but is moderately unstable (3/10).

on 9/21/2010 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have light skin, am prone to sun burn and I am also acne-prone.
Many lotions give me breakouts, but not this one.
I use it on my face every day, and it both protects it from sun damage and moisturizes my skin without breaking me out.
It has a great texture and makes my skin soft, it also smells very nice of citrus.
What I also like about it is that it won't make your skin look greasy as many other sunblock lotions do.
I am on my second bottle of this and I can tell, one will last a year or longer if used only on the face and neck as I do.

on 12/27/2007 12:26:00 PM

I may the only one but I really love this stuff. It satisfies my need/craving for sun protection (I'm a cancer-phobe) and doesn't feel as greasy to me as the others I've tried. I didn't break out and it makes my normal/combination skin feel smooth and moisturized.
The high spf rating is the biggest plus for me-- something that's hard to find in a facial moisturizer.

on 5/12/2003 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Doesn't feel greasy at all. My only problem is that the amount is small and I could buy a larger bottle of a different brand at a similar price. But this is definitely worth buying again.