Neutrogena Healthy Defense Oil-Free Sunblock Lotion SPF 45

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
Neutrogena Healthy Defense Oil-Free Sunblock Lotion SPF 45

3.1

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone 2%, Homosalate 12%, Octinoxate 7.5%, Octisalate 5%, Oxybenzone 6% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Methylpropanediol, PVP/Eicosene Copolymer, Sorbitan Isostearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Isostearic Acid, Glycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Bisabolol, Triethanolamine, Cetyl Phosphate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Copolymer, Disodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Benzoic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Fragrance

My skin type: Combo & mild sensitivity. I got the Target alternative.

~Pros:
SPF 45 (enough for me=])
Less is more!(dot size is enough)
Cheap(around 7$-10$)
Absorbs fast
Squeeze tube

~Cons:
If used to much, it can be greasy/oily
Doesn't last very long(4-5 hours)/needs to be set with powder
Sunscreen smell(not to bad)
Chemical sunscreen
Gave me a rash on my face

on 3/28/2009 5:03:00 PM

HG when it comes to sun screen :D light enoughh for a sunscreen and SPF45!! that's great for the summer. i got mine for $12 around but its probably cause i live in canada =_= i wish i found the one with a tint but they didn't have it so i had to buy the untinted one =.=

on 10/29/2008 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Ugh...I'm never buying anything without consulting MakeupAlley ever again. This stuff is to greasy and it makes me breakout like crazy. I let is sit for 15 min and it still didn't absorb into my skin. The only remotely redeeming factor is that it smells nice but not nice enough to make me repurchase xP .

on 8/1/2008 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

it's oil-free but it is so greasy. it leaves my skin looking super shiny and oily. Also, it feels pretty heavy. worst sunblock ever! :(

on 1/2/2008 11:29:00 AM

I have to admit, I really don't understand all of the bad reviews on this sunscreen. I actually love it. The bottle is easy to use and aesthetically attractive, and the way it dispenses lets you keep track of how much product you are using. This product is not greasy, in fact, it dries rather quickly and it is very good at moisturizing, though drier skin types might want to put on a bit more on problem areas before heading out. For all those who have complained about their makeup sliding off, primer should be the solution to that problem. Bare Escentuals PRIME TIME is a great product for the job, it mattifies and keeps makeup on. Overall, don't be scared by the bad reviews, there are plenty of good ones on this product and it's worth a try.

As advertised, lightweight and non-greasy. I went to the zoo on a hot sunny day and applied this sunblock lotion and it felt so light like I didn't have anything on my skin at all, I love the light citrus-y scent this has, unlike the typical sunblock scent you would get from something like banana boat. This is perfect for the face so you won't break out the day after you applied it. I would recommend this to anyone and I would re-purchase it ;] esp. for the summer!

on 6/10/2006 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

First of all this sunscreen makes me SO greasy. I look like I just rubbed oil into my face. Yuck. Also it made my skin irritated when I put it on. Plus it irritatied me a lot more when I went into a pool with it on. It made my eyes sting really bad. I have semi sensitive skin and this product was not for me.

Really not quality product for quality price. It does a fine job protecting my skin from the sun, and I do realize that's what sunscreen is for. Still. The product claims to not be greasy, but my face is shinier than a newly waxed floor. Luckily it hasn't made me break out though. I have to put on tons of powder to cover it. The scent is fine, pretty good for a sunscreen. But when I'm not wearing makeup, I want a sunscreen to look like it's not even there. This product does not suceed with that.

on 10/13/2005 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I have a dark complexion, but I still use sunscreen to protect my skin. This sunscreen is VERY greasy. It says its oil free, but it really makes your skin shiny. It doesn't break me out or anything, but it makes my face look like an oil slick! I've re-bought it (for the 2nd time) but I won't buy it again, because it feels very heavy on my skin.

This is an okay sunblock. Kind of expensive for a drugstore brand, but if it really felt like it was oil free, I would pay the price. Unfortunately, this is not oil free. Pro: it isn't as greasy as some other sunscreens that I've tried. Con: still not matte enough though. Sigh....I'll keep looking for my HG sunblock. I guess this would be ok if you had really dry skin...