Neutrogena Facial Cleansing Bar

3.4

Price: $

Price: $

Triethanolamine, TEA Stearate, Sodium Tallowate, Glycerin, Water, Sodium Cocoate, Sodium Ricinoleate, Sodium Oleate, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Stearate, BHT, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Trisodium HEDTA, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Fragrance (Scented option only)

This is a really good cleanser. I have only found one other that doesn’t contribute to breakouts, and it’s much more expensive. I really need to find a better soap dish or way to store it because when I do, I probably won’t buy the other anymore. If it’s stored damp or in a humid place, it basically melts into goo. That’s the only negative thing that I can say about it.

This is a good alternative to liquid facial washes, for combo/oily to very oily skintypes. I am in my 30's, but currently pregnant, and my normally combo skin has been full blown oily. I just swipe the bar with a damp washcloth and then scrub my face with it to remove makeup, and a little goes a long way, so one bar will last forever. Cuts through oil and makeup like a champ, but I could see how this would be too drying for some. Super inexpensive, and will last a long time if bar is stored in a dry place (I keep mine on a soap saver by the sink). I have used the original, fragrance free, and acne prone bars, and while the formulas for all 3 are pretty similar, I prefer the original/scented version the most, the scent is so unique and refreshing! Will repurchase!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product because it helps with my oily skin. It feels smooth and very clean for a while I was using the st Ives face scrub but I decided to switch over. With the bar it takes all my make up off, just to be sure I always use witch hazel after. To stop it from making my face dry I pair it with Mario badescu’s cucumber spray, the rose petal spray, as well as the lavender spray.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The soap was very helpful for me, my skin has cleared up since I've started using it but it took time (5-6 months), I think it's an overall good product, the packaging is not so good, but for me and my skin the product worked really well. Th eproduct is mainly used to remove dirt and all the dirty things your skin goes through the day therefore it may not clear your acne if that's what you want.

I bought this after finding out that this is what Jennifer Aniston uses and has used for years, but I didn't expect it to be anywhere near as drying as it was. I have combo/oily skin and my t-zone is particularly oily but this made my skin feel really tight/dry and uncomfortable and gave me little white bumps across my chin and jaw. It's really good value for money but definitely wouldn't recommend it.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Gentle cleansing bar. If you do not have much to remove then this is a decent cleanser.
I would not rely on this to cleanse off all my makeup.
I like these bars just for the nostalgia of them.
I like the weird scent they have. It also kinda bothers me because I do not really care for it either haha.
These have never helped my oily skin in any formula I have tried and I tried them all multiple times.
I think if you have normal skin or dry skin these may work really well.
They are pretty gentle on the skin and price is great.

I bought this having no idea how drying it is. I used it a couple of days ago on my body in the shower. My skin has been very sensitive recently, and I thought this would be nice and gentle. My skin was squeaky clean, but not in a good way--like I just removed every drop of moisture in it. It was so bad, I re-washed with my regular body cleanser. It smells pleasant, but other than that, I can't think of anything positive about it.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I like to think of this cleansing bar as the skin cleansing equivalent of clarifying shampoo. Suds up and it will remove all dirt, makeup and oils. It means business and rinses clean. Like a clarifying shampoo, it is best not to overuse strong cleaners. I find that unless I remove all traces of eye makeup at the end of the day, my chronic blepharitis flares up and my eyelids will become red and itchy. The Neutorgena cleansing bar has done a remarkable job keeping that area clean when I wash off all makeup at the end of the day.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The average facial cleansing bar, I wouldn't recommend this unless you are in need of emergency face wash and this is all you can find. I'd recommend the liquid version of this cleanser over this bar every time.

Pros: Inexpensive, cleanses decently and can be packed while flying in carry-ons. It seems to be half as effective as the liquid version but may be good for people with sensitive skin.

Cons: Bar feels unhygienic and doesn't lather well after several uses. The smell is a bit different and I feel it dries my skin out a bit, but I keep my skin well moisturized so this isn't an issue for me.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I used a bar of this back when I was a teenager with acne, lured in by the Neutrogena commercials. Now I know a lot better, and this product was completely wrong for my skin type. At the time, I thought I had oily skin but I was wrong as it's more dehydrated-normal.

It left my skin feeling squeaky clean and tight. I thought this was a good thing because if there wasn't any oil that meant I couldn't get any more pimples. It didn't work. I've realized that Neutrogena's bar was stripping my skin entirely of oil was causing it to overproduce to compensate, increasing the amount of acne but also leaving my skin flaky. Since then, I've switched to a more gentle and less drying cleanser and have seen my skin improve and clear up significantly.

Unfortunately this was nowhere near as gentle on my skin as Neutrogena claims and left it feeling tight. It might work well for more truly oily skin types.