Coty Vanilla Musk

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

on 10/5/2017 11:53:00 PM

By far my favorite of the ‘90s-era vanilla fragrances, this unassuming little charmer from
Coty is timeless and not overly sweet or caramelized. It’s not a complex masterpiece either— but that’s exactly the key to its timelessness and affability. You basically get an initial zesty pouf of orange that threatens to take the fragrance in a Creamsicle direction, but the orange quickly fades and you realize you’re dealing with a snuggly woodsy vanilla with a pronounced musk-sandalwood base. The musk component makes this a sweet skin-scent reminiscent of Arabian perfume oils. It’s simple, and very pleasant, with good tenacity but limited sillage. It’s a perfect daytime scent that feels natural and unassuming, but yummy and inviting.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

FINALLY~~a Musk I'm not anosmic to! Yay! I can't smell Coty wild musk. I was starting to think i could only smell certain white musks (unfortunately I loverrbl TBS White Musk & bought it in all its forms [oil, cream, edt, body spray, bodywash) I can smell it for about a second then poof it's gone. I can smell most other fresh white musks notably I know a perfume dude who makes a terrific 1 on eBay, Body Fantasy Fr White Musk, Jovan (woman & vanilla ,I can smell), bonne Bell!!!!!!!; & my favvvvest Fresh + Pretty White Musk. I don't pick up on Jovan white, Coty Wild, or TBS sad coz I know they are good frag I'm sure. I love Coty vanilla Musk it's grown up Vanilla like sensuous but playful sexy yet innocent but smoldering makes me think of the song "On The Edge of 17" by Fleetwood Mac. I've got a hard time smelling myself after ~5 minutes anyways that's normal ur nose gets used to it which sux for me but those around me can enjoy this uninhibited women's fragrance right up there w vanilla fields & sand/sable which for nostalgia ordered small bottles of those 2. It can be had un-boxed for $6 but I splurged for NIB I saved them to my cart for later if I get a sand/sable hankering. I think my fave Jovan perfume is satisfaction but this is a close 2nd because it's strong & wont give up easily. I am so mad I can't smell perfume on myself after 5 mins & that some of those aforementioned musks I can barely smell. I'm catching whiffs of THIS here & there when I move but I'm afraid it's fading. Perfumes seriously are 1 of my fave things & to br deprived of them after 5 mins seems esp harshly cruel. Come Big Guy Up There: this is unfair! My mom can smell me for a long time not fair esp when she proclaims triumphantly: "all perfumes smell like 'dirt!!!'" I'm serious. What that has to do w Coty vanilla Musk I'm not sure but being anosmic to some scents sux. I don't know what can be done. Thankfully I can smell this nice Musk vanilla is my fave scent in all of the free world so far sure I'm using this often & liberally. Wear it in good health, my friends!!!!

on 3/27/2015 12:45:00 PM

I love this cologne, and men seem to love it, too. Every guy I've ever dated has always told me how good I smell when I wear this. It's a lovely vanilla/musk that isn't overly sweet like Vanilla Fields. It's what I would call a grown-up vanilla. Highly recommend, especially for in the winter.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Vanilla Musk is so light and demure, yet powerful on its spices. It's a gentle vanilla musk to go to bed with, to hold a baby with, an unassuming fragrance that won't turn heads but will make your skin smell very, very good. It's a faint musk with strong spices and an over wash of vanilla that hits you immediately on the first spray in a delightful mix that makes you come back for more.
Its' initial spritz is glorious with a zesty lemon that has one drooling and dreaming of lemon cream pie. It's absolutely delicious. I can't get enough of the beginning notes of this cologne spray. No alcohol whizz, just immediate gratification and pleasure from the first spray through to the end. It's a little stronger than one might think for a cologne spray, and it does radiate well. Lasting power is not that well, two hours at best. Although, for a cologne, that would be decent. Considering some of today's Eau de Parfums, it holds its own in longevity.
A little bit of burnt logs thrown in for good measure which only adds to this old stand-by of drugstore classics. A creamy, cooked vanilla pudding from scratch comes to mind when I smell my wrist with Vanilla Musk. The type of pudding that's been left on the stove a little too long and has some burnt crisp edges along the sides of the pot.
A scrumptious winter-time fragrance for those snowy days in front of the fire, watching the snowflakes fall.
Fragrance Notes: Sandalwood, Musk, Vanilla, Cedar.

on 12/30/2013 5:49:00 PM

I'm a fan of vanilla scents but I'm not overly fond of this cologne. There is a discernible vanilla scent mixed in there but it's not a full bodied vanilla so I can't help but feel that the scent is synthetic and something is lacking. It also feels like the spiciness from the wood notes take away from the softness of usual vanilla fragrances. I can easily see myself becoming nauseated with this scent after a while.

It's not for me but I can see how others may like it. It's a warm scent that isn't overly sweet. Maybe it's just my body chemistry that makes it not work. Lasting power is about 5 hours for me. Perhaps I'll use it for layering instead.

on 1/12/2015 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I usually don't wear perfume, I tend to go for lighter body sprays. But I have loved this since the 7th grade. It reminds me of butterfly wings lol don't ask me why, I guess it's more of a nostalgia thing for me.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Wonderful vanilla/musk/rosewood combo. Incredible lasting power, as many below have stated, you only need a small spray to last through out the day.
Men seem to love this, I always get positive comments and in fact while shopping for electronics, one of the salesmen made a point to come over and ask me exactly what the perfume I was wearing was, because he wanted to buy some for his wife:) I was more than happy to tell him and point him in the direction of the drugstore nearby where it is easily obtained.
A great perfume doesn't have to be outrageously expensive, only made from quality ingredients and Vanilla Musk is proof of that! Best worn in wintertime, though.

on 11/26/2012 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

As others have noted, the initial blast of this is off-putting. I think it's a little heavy on the alcohol. So my way around this is to spray one spritz on myself 20 minutes before I leave for wherever I'm going, and by the time I get there I smell just wonderful. One spritz is all it takes. There's just the right mix of vanilla and sandalwood in this fragrance; I don't consider it especially musky, actually - I do like musk, but this is more sandalwood, at least on me. I love it and wish that some of my other, more expensive, fragrances would suit me half as well as this, but I take the small victories where I can get 'em. Five stars all the way.

This is my go-to fragrance. It's a lovely scent with a good balance of vanilla, musk and sandalwood. It lasts all day, doesn't cost all that much, and my husband and kids all say I smell yummy. Every once in awhile I'll go through a floral or coconut phase, but I always come back to this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It takes awhile before I can smell the vanilla. It smells good, but there is not enough vanilla for me.

Popular Fragrances