no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

This stuff knocks it right out of the park! I have a mini that I bought, ohhh, 7 or 8 years ago when Walmart was clearancing them after Christmas for $1.50 a piece. I bought 1 or 2. Today I was digging in my perfume box (okay really, a Rubbermaid container full) of perfumes and found this little forgotten gem. Hesitantly sprayed some into the air and...ohhh la la! Smells like a campfire in which someone who is wearing a musky perfume is roasting s'mores. I instantly CRAVED it. Sprayed my arms and clothes and wowee, what a stunner. It's slightly spicy vanilla with a soft touch of muskiness. Never overpowering. The funny thing is, I bought some of it several months ago at Sprawlmart, tried it on, and felt like I had just doused myself in cheap vanilla vodka! So harsh that it stung my nose! Maybe my older mini had time to mellow, say, for 10 years in a warehouse somewhere? I even bought a vintage oil of it and was that was rough, too. Must track some more down as I only have 1/8 of the mini left! NOOOO!

About reviewer (122 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Curly, Coarse

2 years ago

A Warm Spicy , Sexy , Woody Lightly Musky Mature and Gourmand Vanilla Scent. It is a very attractive scent to men. Spray it on the sexy confident elegant woman that you are to complete the attitude. A scent that gives hope to your inner and hidden wild side. When I smell this perfume, I imagine myself lying naked in my golden bed sheets, surrounded by my female slaves who wear flowery and fruity perfumes. Worshiping my scent, the alpha woman that I am. I feel confident, sexy and attractive to both men and women. Sweet enough(the vanilla,spice and balsam) for any men to devour me, but mature and dominant(the musk) just enough to show them that I am the boss. This vanilla musk stays on all day and gets lighter without vanishing. It turns into a more powdery - vanillic scent which perfectly describes the aftermath of a spicy night.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium, Cool

HairBlack, Relaxed, Medium

EyesOther

2 years ago

By far my favorite of the ‘90s-era vanilla fragrances, this unassuming little charmer from Coty is timeless and not overly sweet or caramelized. It’s not a complex masterpiece either— but that’s exactly the key to its timelessness and affability. You basically get an initial zesty pouf of orange that threatens to take the fragrance in a Creamsicle direction, but the orange quickly fades and you realize you’re dealing with a snuggly woodsy vanilla with a pronounced musk-sandalwood base. The musk component makes this a sweet skin-scent reminiscent of Arabian perfume oils. It’s simple, and very pleasant, with good tenacity but limited sillage. It’s a perfect daytime scent that feels natural and unassuming, but yummy and inviting.

About reviewer (227 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Not Sure

HairRed, Other, Other

3 years ago

FINALLY~~a Musk I'm not anosmic to! Yay! I can't smell Coty wild musk. I was starting to think i could only smell certain white musks (unfortunately I loverrbl TBS White Musk & bought it in all its forms [oil, cream, edt, body spray, bodywash) I can smell it for about a second then poof it's gone. I can smell most other fresh white musks notably I know a perfume dude who makes a terrific 1 on eBay, Body Fantasy Fr White Musk, Jovan (woman & vanilla ,I can smell), bonne Bell!!!!!!!; & my favvvvest Fresh + Pretty White Musk. I don't pick up on Jovan white, Coty Wild, or TBS sad coz I know they are good frag I'm sure. I love Coty vanilla Musk it's grown up Vanilla like sensuous but playful sexy yet innocent but smoldering makes me think of the song "On The Edge of 17" by Fleetwood Mac. I've got a hard time smelling myself after ~5 minutes anyways that's normal ur nose gets used to it which sux for me but those around me can enjoy this uninhibited women's fragrance right up there w vanilla fields & sand/sable which for nostalgia ordered small bottles of those 2. It can be had un-boxed for $6 but I splurged for NIB I saved them to my cart for later if I get a sand/sable hankering. I think my fave Jovan perfume is satisfaction but this is a close 2nd because it's strong & wont give up easily. I am so mad I can't smell perfume on myself after 5 mins & that some of those aforementioned musks I can barely smell. I'm catching whiffs of THIS here & there when I move but I'm afraid it's fading. Perfumes seriously are 1 of my fave things & to br deprived of them after 5 mins seems esp harshly cruel. Come Big Guy Up There: this is unfair! My mom can smell me for a long time not fair esp when she proclaims triumphantly: "all perfumes smell like 'dirt!!!'" I'm serious. What that has to do w Coty vanilla Musk I'm not sure but being anosmic to some scents sux. I don't know what can be done. Thankfully I can smell this nice Musk vanilla is my fave scent in all of the free world so far sure I'm using this often & liberally. Wear it in good health, my friends!!!!

About reviewer (2417 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

5 years ago

I love this cologne, and men seem to love it, too. Every guy I've ever dated has always told me how good I smell when I wear this. It's a lovely vanilla/musk that isn't overly sweet like Vanilla Fields. It's what I would call a grown-up vanilla. Highly recommend, especially for in the winter.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

5 years ago

I usually don't wear perfume, I tend to go for lighter body sprays. But I have loved this since the 7th grade. It reminds me of butterfly wings lol don't ask me why, I guess it's more of a nostalgia thing for me.

About reviewer (139 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Medium

HairBrunette

2.0
from

6 years ago

I'm a fan of vanilla scents but I'm not overly fond of this cologne. There is a discernible vanilla scent mixed in there but it's not a full bodied vanilla so I can't help but feel that the scent is synthetic and something is lacking. It also feels like the spiciness from the wood notes take away from the softness of usual vanilla fragrances. I can easily see myself becoming nauseated with this scent after a while. It's not for me but I can see how others may like it. It's a warm scent that isn't overly sweet. Maybe it's just my body chemistry that makes it not work. Lasting power is about 5 hours for me. Perhaps I'll use it for layering instead.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Other, Other

6 years ago

Vanilla Musk is so light and demure, yet powerful on its spices. It's a gentle vanilla musk to go to bed with, to hold a baby with, an unassuming fragrance that won't turn heads but will make your skin smell very, very good. It's a faint musk with strong spices and an over wash of vanilla that hits you immediately on the first spray in a delightful mix that makes you come back for more. Its' initial spritz is glorious with a zesty lemon that has one drooling and dreaming of lemon cream pie. It's absolutely delicious. I can't get enough of the beginning notes of this cologne spray. No alcohol whizz, just immediate gratification and pleasure from the first spray through to the end. It's a little stronger than one might think for a cologne spray, and it does radiate well. Lasting power is not that well, two hours at best. Although, for a cologne, that would be decent. Considering some of today's Eau de Parfums, it holds its own in longevity. A little bit of burnt logs thrown in for good measure which only adds to this old stand-by of drugstore classics. A creamy, cooked vanilla pudding from scratch comes to mind when I smell my wrist with Vanilla Musk. The type of pudding that's been left on the stove a little too long and has some burnt crisp edges along the sides of the pot. A scrumptious winter-time fragrance for those snowy days in front of the fire, watching the snowflakes fall. Fragrance Notes: Sandalwood, Musk, Vanilla, Cedar.

About reviewer (369 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

7 years ago

Wonderful vanilla/musk/rosewood combo. Incredible lasting power, as many below have stated, you only need a small spray to last through out the day. Men seem to love this, I always get positive comments and in fact while shopping for electronics, one of the salesmen made a point to come over and ask me exactly what the perfume I was wearing was, because he wanted to buy some for his wife:) I was more than happy to tell him and point him in the direction of the drugstore nearby where it is easily obtained. A great perfume doesn't have to be outrageously expensive, only made from quality ingredients and Vanilla Musk is proof of that! Best worn in wintertime, though.

About reviewer (65 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

7 years ago

This is my go-to fragrance. It's a lovely scent with a good balance of vanilla, musk and sandalwood. It lasts all day, doesn't cost all that much, and my husband and kids all say I smell yummy. Every once in awhile I'll go through a floral or coconut phase, but I always come back to this.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium