Revlon Flex Shampoo

No Image

Price: $

Price: $

Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Lauramide DEA, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Silk, Panthenol, Propylene Glycol, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Citric Acid, Perfume (Fragrance), Hexylcinnamal, Limonene, Linalool, Abies Balsamea Resin (Balsam Canada), Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Yellow 5, Yellow 6, Red 4, Red 33

on 4/9/2017 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

So glad I found this shampoo still selling in a drugstore after I was sure it was discontinued!
This reminds of my childhood, as it was bought by my step-father for all the family. I didn't have any particular opinion back then, as I had long natural hair that didn't require any specific product. It was ok with me, and was a staple in our bathroom for years. Then, for some reasons I considered it quite cheap-ish, as back in the day I was more impressed with packaging than I am now - and the bottle is quite cheap looking!
Well, my hair washing routine hasn't any variation, I try a new shampoo every 3/4 months but they're all the same ingredients-wise and effects-wise. I can't really complain with my hair,except they get greasy on the forehead in literally 24 hours and I live on dry shampoo for quick fixes. but again, they're straight, easy to manage and my head skin has no conditions at all. So, when I saw this on the shelf, I really wanted to give this a shot...and let me say, it's amazing.
First, it was like 2,20 euros for 400 ml, which is an extremely good value as good drugstore shampoos are around 3 euros for 250 ml. I got the volumizing one, white body and maroon writings and top, and had to sniff it right there at the shop: in my nose, it smells like a vintage barbershop/hairdresser shampoo, and I find it lovely and quite lasting on the hair (for abour 12 hours).
Well, I mentioned that my fringe gets greasy after 24 hours,so I wash hair on alternate days - because my ends gets messy and dry no matter how much care I apply with masks and conditioners and whatsoever. They might look good, but feel bad when touched. So for keeping a healthier overall look, I have to do that, but hair never suffered any damage. With Revlon Flex, it looked GREAT even after 4 days! FOUR DAYS! It's an eternity for me! Of course I needed dry shampoo fixes but that's a regular daily duty, but ends looked fresh and clean and definite.After the shower, I always spray a generous quantity of Revlon Uniq (stuff heaven is made of), but the two Revlon products really worked hand in hand for an amazing look I'm totally satisfied with.
About the volumizing effect, I can't really tell any great difference, but it feels great no matter what. Probably, as many volumizing hair products, hair can result drier; but that worked for me, as local oiliness is an issue for me, but I'm careful in not applying it on the ends and that works! I'm dry on the problematic areas, and soft on the ends thanks to the usual conditioner. Probably I can manage to wash just the head skin because the product doesn't make a lot of foam, which is something I like and helps controlling where the shampoo goes.
So, overall: I love it! I read the other reviews complaining with the so-so quality, and I get their point. It's not clearly the best out there, but it's always nice when you find a product on the cheap side that works exactly how you want it to do!

on 10/16/2016 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have the version of this for oily hair, and it truly is great. I don't recommend that one if you're dealing with dry hair because it really works. I tried using Himalaya shampoo because it is cruelty free but I would wash my hair in the morning and it would be greasy by evening. So far I'm very pleased with Revlon Flex.

on 9/16/2015 9:17:00 PM

I have used revlon proucts from the US so many years back, but now thoroughly disappointed with the inferior quality revlon products in Sri Lanka. Especially the flex which is like an expired shampoo and conditioner. It was like i washed my hair with a strong chemical after using flex by Revlon and i could say the same with the nail polish, hence i would refrain from buying revlon products in Sri Lanka.

on 5/27/2014 6:36:00 PM

I have been looking for my flex shampoo and conditioner for a while. I don't understand why stores don't carry this product. It is great, I have been trying to find a great shampoo and conditioner since. Have had no luck, found it online and bought both. Happy person now that I have it. Will get rid of the other shampoo and conditioner:):)

on 5/25/2014 9:37:00 AM

Oh, Flex. There are so many things i want to say. First of all, I love the smell. My dad used to use this, so it reminds me of him. I just wish the scent would have lingered in my hair longer. I bought a 15 oz bottle and it took me well over a year to use up, so it's definitely a good value. But my hair gets super sweaty and dirty in my job, and I didn't feel like it did a good enough job of cutting through it. Not only that, it was extremely drying. Between the conditioners I was using (that weren't doing enough) and this, my ends would split like nobody's business. So alas, poor Flex. I wanted to love you, but it wasn't meant to be. I'll give you 3 lippies, because you're not the worst I've ever used, but you're far from the best.

on 1/30/2014 1:54:00 PM

I love this shampoo and have used it since I was a little girl. I went on a quest after they discontinued it here because I know they still make it in some countries. Now I find it at anythingindian.biz . I order a few at a time so I don't run out. I hope they never stop making this!!

Flex shampoo is a staple with a lot of motels/hotels because its so cheap. I've only used this when on vacation somewhere and I forgot to bring my own shampoo. It dries out my hair and the scent is horrible!

on 9/1/2012 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

I hate to bring down the rating but I think I might have been allergic to one of its ingridients coz I used this shampoo for the first time, my hair went to an island where its never before and never will be there(Thank Goodness for that). The moment I took my hair out of the towel after using Flex, my hair was a total mess. It had got tangled to an extent that I couldnt think of detangling it with a comb. I dreaded it. Withing 15 min of shower, I again hustled back to the bathroom and shampooed again with a differnt shampoo. My hair got better to an extent. It took one week for me to bring my hair back to normal

on 2/19/2012 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this product, but I cant buy it anymore I think it was discontinued but for the life of me cant figure out why.

on 8/29/2011 2:32:00 PM

you people will be surprized to hear, it worked exactly the same on my hair as sunsilk co-creation mustard oil shampoo. exactly the same!!!!! if sunsilk mustard oil shampoo suits your hair, this will do nothing new. its a little dilute in consistency than sunsilk, but they give more amount of shampoo for the same price so that equals them both. its not bad, but i guess my hopes were too high.

Popular Shampoos