MILANI Clover

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

You can find these items on Cherry Culture.com Search by the brand name and then click on the eyeshadow to the left.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I don't wear green often and wanted to try it. It's a nice green. It goes on sheer alone but if I use a cream shadow first, it goes on deeper. It has a little shimmer but not too much. I probably won't be buying this again since greens are not my thing..nothing wrong with the product though

on 3/18/2010 7:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I have heard people talking about how good Milani Eye Shadows are. So I tried. I was a bit disappointed with the pigment and quality. I used Clover on my crease and it was difficult to blend and it looked uneven. Also the color faded away so fast. I did use Too Faced Eye shadow Insurance first as a base.
I still haven't tried the other four Milani eye shadows that I ordered. Maybe they will have better quality.

Beautiful deep green shade that is perfect for green smokey eyes. The shade is quite neutral to wear during the day. I know "green" isn't neutral, but this isn't a loud neon green. It's very muted and low-key but a little bit of fun. It's not as long lasting even with a base, but it still looks pretty after it fades a bit. If you can find this in a drugstore, snatch it before it's gone from the stores.

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

After hearing that the "old", discontinued Milani shadows in the small pots are much better than the new ones, I was super excited to spot some over at my local Walgreens. It was only $3.50 per pot. In the pot, it's a very pretty pine green with a bit of frost but it's not pigmented at all. It is so sheer even with a base and packing on a lot of product. I tried applying it with a mixing medium and that didn't really help either. I would not repurchase this due to the lack of pigmentation plus the texture is very hard. It's not smooth at all. Strangely, the quality and texture of 2 other Milani eyeshadows I have are great and nothing like this.

I own MAC Humid and it does not look like this. Upon first glance, they look alike in the pot but if you look closer, Humid is more frosty and has more depth. On my NC42 skin, it is a lot more flattering not to mention that the quality is far superior.

I searched high and low for this e/s, because of it being the MAC De Menthe dupe. I finally got a wonderful surprise RAOK from one of my fav swappers. While the swatches look similar that is where it ends. Milani is no where near comparable to MAC. MAC e/s have better staying power and pigmentation and shouldn't even be grouped in the same category.
Clover is very pretty. When used yes, it does look comparable to de menthe, but the pigmentation is awful. I tried to pack it on and there were still uneven areas no matter what I did. I've never had this problem with any other e/s. Of course this is my first d/s e/s.
I paired it with MAC humid in the crease and Jealous e/k liner and it does look gorgeous, but I don't expect Clover to stay on for very long. If for some reason it does I'll amend this review a bit.
I gave it 3 lippies because it does serve its purpose in a pinch & of course the price is right. If MAC ever re-releases De Menthe, Clover will be on the swap list. For now, I'll hang on to it.
FYI: an awesome swapper told me a mixture of Humid & Steamy e/s is an exact dupe of De Menthe as well. I haven't tried it yet because I don't have Steamy, but just in case that is what you're looking for there ya go :)
UPDATE: FADED like no other. Totally not cool. I took off another lippie. continued >>

on 1/20/2008 9:50:00 AM

This is the second Milani e/s I have tried and been disappointed with (the other shade having been Rich Chocolate). The color looks like a neutral, moderately dark pine green frost in the pan. The problem I had with it is that I did not find this to be anything more than averagely pigmented, and applied too warmly and more olivey than piney. This would be fabulous for brown or hazel eyes, though! I love the texture, the very modest price, the packaging (SO easily depottable and fits in MAC, ELF and CG palettes). These shadows are often said to be as good as MAC or other HE in other reviews, but I beg to differ GREATLY. I did find a wonderful, true pine green shadow in Mary Kay's Misty Pine (and I am not a fan of MK!). The good thing is that so many others love this shadow, it was very easy to swap! :-)

on 12/13/2007 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I realized that most of my e/s colors were boring so this seemed like a cheaper way to add some color. This shadow is very pigmented. The first time I used it it was too bright for work so I had to remove it. But I found that layered over NYX Mink Brown it is the perfect olive shade. I will love the brightness in the warmer months but its a little much for right now. Great shade!!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Click continue for product pics

Color: A frost infused smoky green which manages to steer clear of gold tones and those over used olive tones.

Price: I paid $1.50 for this on clearance. Normally retails for $3.

Texture: A wee bit chunky. Not annoyingly so, but is definitely not creamy smooth like some other Milani shadows.

Packaging: Gold pot with clear flip top lid. Extremely easy to depot.

Raves: Stunning shade of smoky, shimmery green goodness. The slight frost finish makes this shade a unique addition to my stash. Does not contain gold or olive tones that tend to muddy up greens on my skin. Works well for an all over smoky green eye or an accent color.

Rants: This shadow does tend to crease on me after extended wear. I believe it has something to do with the chunkier texture not adhering as well to my skin.

continued >>

on 11/28/2007 10:27:00 AM

Clover is a beautiful shimmery mid-green in the pan, a slightly cool-toned shade. Like all Milani eyeshadows, this is very pigmented and so finely milled that it feels creamy. This shade can be worn sheer or built up to a more opaque coverage. I find that this color is a little too dark for it to look wearable. My eyes are very deep set, and any color that is not pale just makes my eyes look bruised and further recessed. I wore this sheer and although the color was very pretty (it actually looked more blue than green), I looked like I had two black eyes! I have yet to experiment with this as a liner, and I think this is how I will use it up. I doubt I will repurchase this, even though it is a stunning color it just isn't right for me. **UPDATE** I wore this as a liner and it looks amazing! This looks fresh and pretty worn alone, with black mascara, and it looks great when the shimmers catch the light. I will definitely buy this again but only to use as liner. continued >>