Burt's Bees pore-refining mask with green french clay ] ] [DISCONTINUED]

Burt's Bees pore-refining mask with green french clay ] ] [DISCONTINUED]

4.3

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Kaolin (green French clay), fragrance, peppermint leaf, bentonite (natural clay), calendula flower, comfrey leaf, rosemary leaf, horsetail leaf, chamomile flower, comfrey root, sage leaf, rosemary oil, lavandin oil, eucalyptus oil, peppermint oil

on 7/16/2011 2:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

LOST: blackheads
LAST SEEN: 20 minutes ago
LOCATION: nose, cheeks, forehead, chin
REWARD: $0 - you can keep them, thanks very much.

i bought this today, tried it 20 minutes ago for the first time ever. i took a flat plate, put 2 heaping scoops of the "spoon" it comes with on the plate, then added drops of water from my hand, while stirring the mixture with the spoon thingy. it turned into a paste.
i then proceeded onto adding it on my face, with my fingers, applying a thin layer, just enough to cover the skin. (all over my face, avoiding eyes)
the colour was that of a dark green, like marshy mud green. the smell is interesting, kind of herb-y, but barely noticeable anyway.
i left it on for 10 minutes, as the mask turned white and hardened. my face felt really tight; i couldn't smile or raise my eyebrows. (for some reason that made me laugh even more so it was a strange feeling)
10 minutes passed, i went and rinsed with warmed water then patted dry with a towel. i looked in the mirror and 80% of my blackheads were LITERALLY gone. if i tried to squeeze a nose pore (my nose looked like a strawberry with the blackheads), NOTHING came out.
i was shocked.
and this was only the first time i used it.
for 6 years, i've tried SO MANY products to get rid of my blackheads, to no avail. only picking worked, but it left my forehead and my nose red and blotchy.
i can't believe it.
i'm still in shock, im sorry.
i will update upon a few more applications.
all i can say is wow.
and i'm sorry for this bizarre review.

on 3/29/2011 4:37:00 PM

Love this stuff! Love it way more than Queen Helene's Mint Julep Masque. Not only does it suck up all the oil and minimize your pores, it leaves you feeling refreshed and its not so harsh compared to other clay masks that I've tried. I love how you can mix the mask powder with whatever you want to make the paste. It allows you to customize your face mask to what you want to focus on.

According to the box you can use:
- Carrot Juice for Mature Skin
- Tomato Juice for Troubled Skin
- Green Tea or Grapefruit Juice for Oily Skin

I'm sure you can use other combinations too.
Or if you're like me and you're too lazy to seek out something specific to mix it with, you can just mix it with water.

Amazing product! Definitely try it out! :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

The smell of the mask is okay, quite refreshing. It dries really fast (about 5 mins).

I didn't experience redness of skin after washing the mask off my face. The size of my pores does get a little smaller (though not significant enough). My face feels soft and smooth instantly after using the mask.

But this mask doesn't get rid of the blackheads I have.

Well, overall i think it's a good product.

on 1/21/2011 2:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I absolutely love this facial mask. I've just purchased my second jar, which I usually don't (I'm a product whore=p), so that should be a testament to its greatness.

I use this about two times a week, after I've scrubbed my face in the shower. It really makes my face baby smooth, and my visible pores seem to vanish for a while.

The only downside to this mask, is that it makes my face really red. But as the redness fades after about 5 minutes, I've even used this mask right before getting ready to go to parties and such, so it's not a big problem for me.

It feels really cooling on the skin, and the menthol-y smell is really refreshing.

I luuurve the packaging of this product. It comes in a jar, but it's all powder. You have to add the liquid yourself. I don't see this as a hassle, and it also makes the product last longer - as soon as you've figured out how much powder and how much water to add.
On my whole face, I use about three big scoops of the powder and about 14 small drops (yes, I've counted LOL) of water. The mask is easy to put on, and easy to wash off.

One of my HG products for sure.

on 12/15/2010 10:25:00 PM

I absolutely love this facial mask. I have had blackheads on my nose for as long as I can remember, and have tried everything to get rid of them. This is the only thing that works! I do want to say though, that the mask works 100% better on blackheads if you use it right after a warm/hot shower. I noticed that when I used it at any other time, it made my skin feel soft and clean, but it didn't work as well or at all on my blackheads. I really want to emphasize that because I hope that other people that have lots of blackheads use this, or try this again, right after a shower and see if it works a lot better for them. Oh and in case it helps to know, my blackheads are all over my nose, and I have some on my chin. You do have to keep using the mask though, because they will start to reappear. I would say I used it 2-3 times a week and that kept the blackheads away. I didn't use it long enough to know whether or not, with long term use, blackheads would not show up anymore so I can't be sure about that. I do know that I ran out of it months ago and was so busy I didn't even buy any more, which was a huge mistake, and now here I am wanting to buy it again, and it's sold out everywhere! Anyways, I hope this helps others out there that have always had problems with their blackheads, and like me, literally thought that it was impossible to ever be rid of them!

After reading all the rave reviews here, I bought it online on well.ca. It wasn't cheap for me, around $14 for a small jar, and this is the first day using it. Maybe people find mixing too much of a hassle, but for some reason i really like mixing it ! It felt so cool and fresh when i put it on and I also really like the minty smell, it calms me. I might of left this mask on for too long, because it dried reallllllllllllllly fast (in like 5 min) and my skin felt sooo tight afterwards. After I washed it off and put on Clinique's moisturizing gel, it still felt kinda tight so I had to use a stronger moisturizer. Also, on the box it said your face might appear flushed for a while, and that did happen to me. My face felt hot and it was also a bit red, but after a while it went away and to my disbelief, it's been 4 hours and my skin isn't oily yet!! What a miracle! My skin gets oily sooo easily and this help control it so well! For me it didn't do much for blackheads or pore refining, but it did make my face feel very clean! I'm liking this so far and only giving a 4 for the slight dryness and flushing.
UPDATE: Been using this for a few weeks now I really love it! Makes me feel sooo refreshed and my skin feels clean, soft and matte afterwards!

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

I am so in love with this mask! It's so affordable- $13 CAD and has lasted two years and it works! My pores do look smaller when I use this and my face is so clean afterwards. The packaging is to die for as well! It comes in this adorable little jar with a small spatula.

I also love that this comes in powder form- there's no need to worry about the expiry date and you can mix it with any liquid substance of your choice. I've tried a number of liquids including lemon juice and milk but somehow my skin agrees the most when I mix this with plain water.
My skin gets a bit flushed after washing the mask off but that wears off in about two hours.

Ingredients: French green clay, bentonite (natural clay), fragrance, mentha piperita (peppermint) leaf, shavegrass herb, calendula officinalis flower, rosemarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf, salvia officinalis (sage) leaf.

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This is only second to my Biore Self-Heating Masks, BUT! Before I found that, this was the best mask I had ever used. I do prefer the smell to the Self-Heating Mask, and the feel is different, but neither of them are bad. Both are a bit itchy when they start to dry. It came in a set at Barnes & Noble, which I would likely buy again.

I got this based on all the reviews and I'm so happy I got it! Though I still have a few bumps here and there (you can only see them when the light falls just so) all major pimples dry up, and it's helping prevent new ones. I was a little wary of the 'my skin glows after using it!' but I've been noticing that too! I just wish it helped more with blackheads, but I'm not even sure the perfect mask exists, even though this one comes darn close!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my first review at MUA. And i bought this mask based on the reviews written here. I must say, most of them were soooo overrated! It did not minimize my pores at all. And generally i have pretty good skin, except for the occasional outbreak during the time of the month. So many people raved about how this has refined their pores and smooth their complexion. But it didn't work at all for me. Nah-ah.

About blackheads, i do see small black dots surfacing initially, but after 15 mins, they seem to blend into the mask paste. And after rinsing off, the blackheads are still there.

As for application, it's fun to self prepare the mask paste and i do like the green goddess look on my face when it dries, cos it makes my skin look so smooth. But that's just a facade. After you wash it out, your skin still looks the same. Not much difference. Thus, the product isn't that great as it claims to be. So i may not re-purchase again.