Napoleon Perdis Auto Pilot Pre-Foundation Skin Primer

Napoleon Perdis Auto Pilot Pre-Foundation Skin Primer

3.2

Water (Aqua), Isopropyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Triethanolamine, Tocopheryl Acetate, Achillea Millefolium (Yarrow) Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Fragrance (Parfum), Imidazolidinyl Urea, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium Edta.

I don't understand how the reviews for this are averaging 3.2?? I tried this after getting a sample of it and was a little sceptical given the mixed reviews, and wow. Honestly this stuff is amazing. It's moisturising, has a nice light scent, is lightweight and feels completely natural on your skin after it's settled. Also made my brow application a lot nicer/easier.

Another major thing is, I've always had dry/combination skin that gets a little flaky around the temples and the under-eye area, even after applying moisturiser + primer, and I'd basically accepted that that's the way things are always going to be. After using this (without using moisturiser under it either), not only did my makeup stay put all day, it also stopped any flakiness from happening.

Although pricey this primer is really great. I've gone and bought a full-sized one since because it's really too good. Also as others have mentioned here, a little goes a long way, so it will last a while. Would definitely recommend this, although I do admit I'll be looking for another primer that's less pricey and does about the same thing.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Know the difference between real models and the business model with this nice post.

on 10/4/2016 3:30:00 AM

I have been using this primer for many years, sometimes straying by the lure of a better primer via clever marketing of other brands. However I always com back to this primer as my favourite.

I did a searchon other reviews for this product before I wrote my review as I wanted to read how other women (in the age bracket over 40) find this product on their skin. I was horrified to see only 2 other reviews in this age bracket so hoping mine helps make the primer choice a little easier for us gals no longer in their 20's with elastic smooth skin.

I like this primer as its coats the skin beautifully, never creating a tight feel like some primers or a chalky look. A little goes a long way too so don't be put off by the price, some primers out there are over $70 and trust me my foundation creases with them and pills after a day's wear! I recently tried an hourglass one and it was dry and chalky, I had a similar experience with the new Dermalogica blur primer, although the latter was amazing for the first couple of hours then the pilling started!

Covers pores well, no pilling and my Estée Lauder light foundation doesn't budge all day and skin stays hydrated. I finish off the look with my skindinavia finishing spray for a fresh dewy look which sadly is hard to achieve at our age.

Try this product but as always it's like moisturiser in the sense it won't suit everyone but has definitely been a loyal make up addition for many years.

on 7/14/2016 10:05:00 AM

Honestly one of the best luxury primer I have tried, so smooth on the skin, pleasant scent and very luxurious packaging. The only downfall is the price but very worth the splurge.

on 4/8/2016 11:11:00 PM

I tried a sample of this primer and unfortunately it broke me out pretty badly with one use. The primer definitely has a scent, which isn't terrible, but I prefer my face products to have no fragrance added as it's just more chance of being irritated. I did notice that my skin was definitely much less oily than usual, however my foundation didn't seem to really last any longer than a regular day. I may have kept using the primer just for the oil reduction but the breakout was noticeably from this product and so I would not recommend for anyone that's acne prone. I also would not buy this even if it didn't break me out, as I feel it's super overpriced for what it does.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is the stuff!! Moisturises, smells good and doesn't feel all siliconey. Helps make up glide on and so you use less product. Hydrates so you don't get creasing and lasts forever. I sometimes mix this with foundation to give a sheer glow. The packaging is cute. It is pricey but honestly, it lasts forever. It took me so long to go through my last one!

on 10/31/2015 11:12:00 PM

BEST! Hydrates and works with my oily skin. It allows for my foundation to glide on and blend easily with awesome lasting power. It is expensive but I try to purchase the old (white) bottles when I can because they are cheaper then the pretty gold ones. I've been using it for almost 6 years and still love it. I use Napoleon Stick #2 foundation and recently M.A.C Pro Longwear Liquid #NC25 foundation. I mix some foundation and primer together even after initially applying primer for a great healthy glowing look.

on 6/6/2015 3:22:00 AM

I purchased this product 2 times just to have it in my bag, I love napoleon items (usually). However this product just doesn't work. I thought all primers were like this one, until I tried Mac's fix + . I really love Mac's fix +. I tried other primers after that and felt stupid for thinking all primers were like this one lmao.

This product is just a face cream of some sort. It makes my face itchy too

So I thought to try the primer under my foundation today and then sprayed it with fix + , the results weren't so good. The whole routine works better without this product. It even made the pores more visible (and other bad stuff).

So far I love Mac's fix + , I put it on before and after makeup, it's so NICE:) it gives a wet look (but dries nice)

P.S I don't work for Mac

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

HG primer, doesn't break me out, doesn't feel weird and fake and slippery. Nice, light, fresh, brightening, and keeps my foundation locked to my face all day (even when it rains!) Definitely worth the money. Gives a poreless effect to Nars Sheer Glow.

I love this primer it is the first 100% HG foundation primer for me, I first tried it in the May glossybox and at first I dismissed it due to the smell a few weeks later I was cleaning out my stash for spring/summer cleaning and I figured I would give it a fair shot. I used it and I felt it held on my MUFE HD foundation really well I was impressed and day by day I went threw my foundations and only found that my two BB creams it was a tad to much with them but I can use this year round in the summer I skip morning moisterizer and use this in its place, then in winter I use this and moisturizer also in winter I can use this with BB creams which is nice. It is thin but not greasey I really enjoy it a lot. Though pricey at $48 it is in clearance at my ulta a lot so when I saw it last time I bought two for 52.31 tax included but I would for sure buy this sale or no sale.