4.7

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

It’s gorgeous, buy it! I can’t imagine anyone that Roach won’t suit!

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

3 years ago

Roach is what I wanted MAC's Sable to be. Sable is too red for me and it makes me look like my allergies have been acting up or I've been crying a lot. Roach isn't as red but a burgundy/bronze and I think it's this combination that makes it wearable for me. The texture is like the other UD eyeshadows I have and Roach works beautifully with Toast or some shades from my Naked 3 palette. It will get a lot of love this fall/winter.

About reviewer (681 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairOther, Wavy, Medium

4 years ago

One of favorite shades. can also wear it in the crease but I really have to put it on with a light hand and then blend blend blend blend. It is very pigments so a little goes a long way!

About reviewer (111 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Medium

HairBrown

from

4 years ago

Roach is a beautiful metallic bronzed burgundy shade. It can go on for a subtle shade or applied heavier for a bit more drama. It is quite flattering and uber neutral on my nw20, deep winter complexion. I also have a tendency to pull out orange or brown (in a bad way) in any color that has a bit of either shade in it. But Roach stayed true and provided a subtle shadow that even my deep set, hooded (aging) eyes can handle. I feel like an idiot. I had this shade before in my hand ready to go, but didn't get it for some reason. I had it my head that reddish brown shades are bad for my dark under eye circles and deep set eyes (& some are), but the ones skewing on this burgundy shade really work well on me. I had a MAC rep pick one of their new x9 that would suit me best. She grabbed the burgundy palette. At first I was going to poo, poo it. But this girl is good, so I went with it. Holy cow...they worked! My eyes weren't too cool or too warm looking, shaded but neutral! So as soon as I figured this out, I wanted an UD shade in this color family for my" build your quad" and that is where Roach came in.

About reviewer (1201 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

6 years ago

This is the ONLY eyeshadow that I've actually ever run out of and repurchased! Shadows tend to last me forever, and I'm always trying out new ones, so I've seldom been in a position to use one up completely let alone notice a gap in the collection. This gem, however, was a go-to whenever I knew i wanted to love the result and wasn't willing to risk trying something new, and long after my package had crashed and crumbled I still used up every last morsel and found myself surprisingly unable to fill the void. It was bought for me years ago as a gift by a far-more-makeup-savvy friend, and it was really the first time I ever tried a product that actually clued me into the magic that makeup can do...while unassuming in the package, it's a lovely reddish-brown chocolatey shimmer that worked wonders for my [pale, neutral] coloring. It did what I'd tried (and failed!) so many times to do with other neutral/brown shadows, which was to pull the green out of my often-unremarkable more-brown-than-green hazel eyes and make it POP. I'd had limited success with purple/mauve but that's quite a bit more of a statement, not generally an everyday option. This stuff can be used subtly for daytime/work or crazy-dark and dramatic for evening (even smokey and as a liner!) and either way it stays put til you wash it off. My friend who gifted it to me had beautiful blue eyes and it was also stunning on her, so I'd imagine it would work well on a lot of folks, but in particular if your eyes are hazel with a mishmash of colors like mine, this shade is an amazing find, I highly recommend. Sure it's not cheap, but for how long it lasts and the effects you'll get? More than worth it!

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOther, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

6 years ago

This is one of my every day staple eyeshadows. I absolutely love the color, on my fair skin tone its a reddish-brown with a pretty shimmer to it. It lasts a whole school day and looks full on color without primer. My makeup look is quite gothy, so I actually use this under my eyes when I want my eyes to look sunken in and it looks perfect. (I know, its not for everyone) I also use it if I am doing a dark eye to blend out black eye shadow. Overall, quite a nice investment.

About reviewer (98 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure

HairOther, Wavy, Medium

from

7 years ago

I was given this shadow as a gift, and I absolutely love it. It is such a gorgeous colour, I can't get enough of it. It blends right in with the UD neutrals (or your naked palette) for a really nice brown smokey eye. It is a really nice shimmery warm chocolate brown/ bronze. Try it at Sephora if you aren't sure!

About reviewer (191 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Curly, Medium

EyesGreen

7 years ago

I bought this on a whim, it didn't look like much in the store but I needed a pretty brown shadow so I thought I would give it a try. When I applied it, I was pleasantly surprised that it is a bit of a plummy brown, with perfect sheen. I use it all over my lid, as I like a dramatic depth on my lid and not just in my crease. Looks great with a champagne highlight on the browbone and black liner. Wears well all day without creasing, wearing off or grease soaking through. I will buy again and be trying a few other colors.

About reviewer (31 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairRed

EyesHazel

7 years ago

I adore this color! It is rather pricey, but it's so quality that you'll be able to look past that with no problem. Even though I received a free tester of this, I would definitely re-purchase this item once I run out. It's one of my go-to colors for a smokey eye. It's amazingly pigmented, rather tedious to mix with other drugstore eye shadows such as CG because it just over powers them with its top-notch brilliance. Although, I will admit it's not impossible, the key is to blend the roach like mad so the other three neutral colors I put on my lid and brow bone don't go completely unnoticed. Further more it stays on all day for me, even without any sort of base or eye primer to assist it. I can't imagine how much more brilliant the color would be if I did...The only qualm I have with this product is that it comes in such small packaging for such a high price. Such is life with Prestige cosmetics though. I'd still like to experiment with other Urban Decay colors beyond Roach though. This particular shadow has convinced me!

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Not Sure

HairSilver, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

8 years ago

I like this shadow by itself or in the crease with last call on the lid. I love it with my brown eyes!

About reviewer (24 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm