Neutrogena Oil Free Moisture - SPF 15

Neutrogena Oil Free Moisture - SPF 15

2.9

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (7.5%), Octisalate (5%), Oxybenzone (3%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Glycerin, Emulsifying Wax, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Dimethicone, Triethanolamine, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I lived in a very tropical place my whole life and never thought a day about moisturizer. Once I moved to a drastically different environment that dried my oily skin out like crazy, I realized I needed it. I thought this Neutrogena product would be a great because it's such a well known brand that has work for me well before. I never had the most clear skin but I never had more than maybe 1-2 break outs at a time. As soon as I got to the new environment and used this product, my skin started breaking out with large pimples, white heads and cysts. I never thought anything about it, I thought it was just the environment and my hormones changing. Once I ran out of the product (9 months later, this things last forever), and started using a different one, my skin literally cleared up instantly. I know I probably should have realized something earlier but because there was so much change at once, I thought it was everything than what it really was.
This product is awful, I would never recommend this for anyone. I do not have any type of sensitive skin and usually any product can do its job on my skin, but this product has since proven me wrong. In the later end of the use of his product, it started to settle into my facial crease and burn them. My eyes tend to water when I lay flat so everytime a tear drop would fall, the moisturizer would start to burn that part of the skin.

Product caused a severe break out. Good price point, scentless, but chemical ss is not good for me.

To Read all 369 Reviews, Login or Join

Horrible Product, for such simple, easy skin, i never have bad complaints for products but instantly returned this one because i burns my eyes and my face. i thought my make up was burning. but realized its the cream. absolutely horrible!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I brought this at my local walmart thinking it should be useful (i have extremely oily skin and was looking for something to moisturize my skin after i use an astringent, i figured when i purchased it, it should be good because i've tried other stuff in the brand and had no issues ) so i brought it for i'd say 10-12 dollars more or less.... not worth the money. the first time, i washed my face then i applied it is fine for a second (literally) and before i even left the sink my face felt so greasy...very uncomfortable if you were to touch my face you would have thought that it was doing its job correctly but as for the wearer's experience it was pretty disgusting, gunky, feels pretty much like you slathered warm popcorn butter on your face a very nasty feeling to it. so i gave it to my mom (thinking maybe it was just the oils from my skin)-for a second opinion and had her to try it and her skin (normal) experienced the same thing.i do not recommenced anyone to buy this stuff. there are much better options out there!!!!

I have sensitive skin, and unlike some other reviewers this product did not cause any irritation whatsoever. My only issue with this product is that it just isn't thick enough for me. It has quite a watery consistency, whereas I prefer thick creamy moisturisers to combat my slightly dry skin. I use this product on my neck and decolletage while using a different moisturiser on my face, and it works well on these areas as they don't get as dry. I also like the fact that is has SPF! I would finish the bottle but would not repurchase.

on 7/29/2015 4:43:00 PM

This irritated my skin and made my skin feel burning. Also although it claims oil free, this moisturizer felt somewhat heavy and oily, I wonder why. I did not like this product at all and it has strange weird scent.

Sadly, this product is no good for me. Broke the hell out of my face! Im not one who breaks out easily but this product is so disappointing. I used this in the morning before putting on my make up as it has spf15, its so oily (claims to be oil free) 15 minutes after application and my make up is running down my neck. I wear glasses too, and it leaves dry patches in the bridge of my nose were the glasses sit. I really want to give this product a chance but it makes my face worse and worse if I continue using it. Nice packaging though.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I truly hated this stuff when I first purchased it two summers ago. At that time, I was living with my parents after graduating college and before starting graduate school. It got really hot that summer, and they had no AC - that caused this moisturizer to stay greasy on my face and NEVER soak in. Because of that, I stopped using it and instead used the Ponds Bio-Hydratante, which I loved because it soaked in/set immediately after applying.

Fast forward a couple of years, I own several full-sized moisturizers and keep getting samples/tiny bottles in Ipsy bags, so I figured I better just use this stuff up. Now that it's Winter, my skin is dry and I don't hate this stuff nearly as much as I thought I did - I just have to know how and when to apply it. I used to hate using moisturizer in the morning because I'm someone who gets hot easily, especially when I'm moving around a lot like I often do in the morning, and I would end up sweating it off & it would make makeup application difficult. Now I've learned that I need to blow dry/straighten my hair before applying this, and then hang out for a half hour or so before doing my makeup. That seems to allow it to soak in and keep it from sliding off my face or interfering with makeup application.

Overall, after literally years of use, I think this is an okay product. I like that it has SPF in it, but it's pricey & I'm sure there are better moisturizers out there for the price, so I would likely not repurchase it.

on 3/2/2015 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

No no and NO. This product burned my face and i dont even have sensitive skin, my skin is very normal, I dont break out easily, well, since the moment I applied this product I felt a burning sensation and my skin became red, and next day OMG I had a rash, it took me almost 10 days to recover, please dont take the risk, its not worth it.

on 2/28/2015 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I wouldnt really buy this again. It smells like a mild sunscreen and the smell just sticks to you. It's pretty oily. My face is usually oily, so i try to buy OIL FREE products, this was disappointing. After putting some on, I feel like a grease animal. I don't like it, but I'm going to force myself to use it up. It's quite pricey.