no images

price range

Reviews

3.0

Jul/02/2018

I've been using this to tightline my eyes. It's a nice color and works fine as long as the weather is cool, but ever since summer rolled around it's been smudge city. I've had to wipe a brown pool out from under my eyes by noon every day I've worn this. Such a shame because I was really digging that ultra-creamy texture!

About reviewer (86 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

Mar/20/2015

Pleasantly surprised by this pencil! I usually hate pencils--they smudge, tug, and fade. This one seems to stay put better than others I've tried, and the color is perfect -- warm and natural, great for "no makeup makeup."

About reviewer (28 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

2.0

Dec/06/2014

this one was a meh for me. just returned it for a refund. i expected a richer, deeper german chocolate cake-y type of brown, but this was just a flat, dark, might-as-well-be-maybelline brown. not up to MAC's usual standards, so i would not recommend this one. oh well, can't win 'em all.

2 of 2 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (64 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Dark, Warm

HairBrown, Other, Other

Mar/03/2014

This is a long-lasting, easy to apply pencil eyeliner that does not smear, smudge or run. It's great to use to tight line your eyes, then later add gel/cream liner with a brush, or liquid eyeliner, instead of using liquid/gel around your whole eye (which would probably be overkill). A great basic eyeliner to have! Dark chocolate brown eyeliner also looks black from a distance, but is much …Read more

2 of 2 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (32 reviews)

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

Feb/24/2014

Love this liner. It is a beautiful chocolate brown that matches my hair perfectly and gives me a very natural look. I'm in the military and I had been wearing the black MAC gel liner which I love, but for work every day it was too harsh. I saw the reviews for Stubborn Brown and Duck and decided to go to the store and see for myself. For me Duck was too light but Stubborn Brown was absolutely …Read more

2 of 3 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBrown

fromCath12

Jan/30/2014

This is the warmest, prettiest brown I've ever tried (and I've tried heaps!) I'm on my third pencil and will continue to use until they stop making it. Quite apart from the perfect colour, it's so smooth to apply, allows me to smudge and then sets and doesn't move for 10+ hours. Love it!

2 of 2 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (142 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Olive

HairBrunette

Sep/05/2013

True to its name! I have never experienced this eyeliner smudge. It is stubborn and a lovely brown colour. Light enough to look natural but dark enough to add definition. Fantastic product!

1 of 1 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (24 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Olive, Neutral

HairBrunette, Other, Other

fromze07

May/11/2013

This was my first purchase from MAC and I loved it ever since. NEVER SMUDGES. Awesome stuff. I apply this from 9 something in the morning and it stayed there until 11pm. LOVE LOVE LOVE!

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

Dec/25/2012

This has been my dark brown eye pencil of choice for about ten years. This is my ideal warm dark brown color. I have looked high and low to find just the right shade of brown and this is it. Some dark brown eye pencils are more like black/brown. That's not the look I want. I also don't like cooler browns.

This eye pencil has good staying power. I always put a dark brown …

6 of 6 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (52 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

Sep/08/2012

super creamy and it stays on the whole day without melting in the ridiculously hot summer weather we have here.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium