Milani Java Bean (18)

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I picked this up at the local family dollar, I'm normally really skeptical about buying makeup from cheap outlets but they had stocked some milani items recently, and I am a huge fan of their eyeliner, so I figured I could give it a shot for a $1

I don't regret it at all! has great staying power, the perfect dark brown i needed after I ran out of my merle norman shell shocked trio.

packaging is suprisingly nice looking, and effecient. will be going back to pick up a couple more!

on 8/26/2012 2:09:00 PM

I like this eyeshadow as it is nicely pigmented. On a scale of 1-10 for pigmentation, I'd say 8. The color itself is easy to create smokey eye looks which is what I use it for. However I don't find the color so pretty...just adds depth to my eyes which I like. And for the price, you can't go wrong since it will last you a year probably. I don't use it everyday...I like to switch it up. I use it about twice a week.

on 9/24/2011 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is so gorgeous, a slightly plum-tinged brown with golden shimmer. Its just beautiful as a lid/crease color. Its soft and quite pigmented. I find it actually goes on too dark on its own, so I wear it over a base layer of Stila Kitten or Sonia Kashuk 'Tongue in Cheek' Duo (taupe). Lasts all day over a primer & a base layer of shadow. Its a great everyday shadow. Its goes with anything, and its a safe choice when i dont know what eye makeup shades to wear, yet its more interesting than just a basic brown. Its also buildable for a dramatic, nighttime look. One of my most frequently used and best loved shadows. Ive sought out many dupes (Stila Barefoot Contessa and ELF Studio Saddle are close), but nothing quite compares. Its been discontinued for a couple of years, though the pan I have is still going strong. I have repurchased, just to be safe, since its still available for a reasonable price on eBay.

on 7/6/2011 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Very pigmented, soft and slightly frosty on me NW35/NC42, The color looks horrible on my olive skin, it doesnt work as a lid or crese color, and on the crease is too shimmery and accentuates wrinkles.

I dont like it, but its still a good shadow ;)

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I wear this eyeshadow almost everyday. It effortlessly looks beautiful. The application is smooth and velvety, it's true to color, and I never have to go back for a second swipe in the pan for more. I've also never had another eyeshadow smoke out and blend so well.

I have NARS Galapagos and Stila Barefoot Contessa, which are similar, but for Milani making such a great quality comparable in Java Bean for a fraction of the price, I wish they would continue making this!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a great shadow for the price! Its just a dark matte brown. Its very versatile and can be used as a liner, crease colour, all over colour, or brow colour. I took one lippie off since the texture could be better, maybe if it was was smoother. For a dark brown, I prefer Prestige Coffee Bean.

on 2/26/2010 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Nice color, it's a dark shimmery brown. I use it as a crease/outer V color.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

So most of Milani shadows have poor color pay off and crappy textures. This one is actually really nice. It has a velvety texture, goes on very dark, almost too dark. It's like a dark plummy brown with shimmer. One of my favorite Milani eyeshadows.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

So sad I cant find these anywhere anymore. A really great everyday brown that really is similar to a MAC neutral in terms of color, texture and staying power- I don't usually compare high-end to drugstore b/c thats ridiculous but this is really it. - I went through two and wish I could find them again.

on 6/7/2010 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

A perfect shade that I have to stop myself from wearing everyday. Staying power is good when used with a base and it's such a lovely shade. I can't fault it.