Paul Mitchell Extra Body Daily Boost

Paul Mitchell Extra Body Daily Boost

3.7

Not tested on animals

Water, VP/VA Copolymer, Methacryloyl Ethyl Betaine/Acrylates Copolymer, Copolymer, PPG 5 Ceteth 20, Propylene Glycol, Triethanolamine, Linoleamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Bisamino PEG/PPG 41/3 Aminoethyl PG Propyl Dimethicone, Hedychium Coronarium (White Ginger) Extract, PEG 12 Dimethicone, Panthenol, Algae Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Triethyl Citrate, Methylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Propylparaben, Fragrance, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Limonene

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The scent of this is so nauseating that it doesn't matter if it works or not. It simply smells like something rotten. And blow drying just amplifies the bad smell. Even my sons asked what the gross smell in my bathroom was from. If you're considering this, open the cap and sniff it before buying!!

The low reviews on this product are just from people not using this product correctly.

I'm a cosmetology student, I use this on any client that wants volume in their hair.
I spray this into the roots on damp hair. I spray a section of the hair and round brush, i get maximum volume every single time whether my client has layers, no layers, short hair or long hair. It's awesome and doesn't make the hair crunchy and/or sticky.

Works great paired with Paul Mitchell Thicken Up gel as well.

If you didn't like this product, try it out again !!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I usually don't purchase products that are considered to be 'high end' since my hair is very low matience but I thought 'Why Not'? So while I got a haircut I asked my hair stylist to use a volumizing product (or 2) on my hair. She used this & the Extra Body hairspray. I asked which is better to give volume to my roots and she recommended this one. Luckily for me they were having a sale on Paul Mitchell products so i purchased this (I already have something volumizing for hair midlength to ends, so no need to purchase the hair spray). This delivers some what volume but not very impressive. I like my roots to have high lift, I'm not talking crazy teased hair at the roots but a little extra to my roots, ya know? This unfortunately didn't cut it. When she applied it I didn't see much of a difference but she didn't blow dry my hair either (wouldn't blow drying make a difference?) When I used it, it gives okay volume, not repurchasing. I would if the lift lasted but it doesn't. I am going to use the whole bottle though since it isn't a horrible product, just isn't for me. I might have if it was a drugstore product but it isn't. The good thing is you can't feel it in your hair. The smell is weird: medicine it smells like? Maybe I'll change my mind but meh: I don't think so. Disappointed especially since it's a high end hair product (my first high end hair product anyway.)

Loooove this spray! It's not remotely crunchy/sticky feeling, unlike every other volumising/boosting hairspray I've tried. In fact, I can't feel it in my hair at all. You only need a very small amount to get a natural lift at the roots and some thickness. (...and if natural isn't what you're after, use a little more and this will definitely will do the job ;) The only thing I don't like about this is the smell, which reminds me exactly of kid's medicine.

My favourite use for this product is a couple of days after washing my hair, when it tends to go very flat and lifeless: I dampen my roots with a wet comb, spray a little of this on the undersides, then give them a quick blowdry with a small round brush. Gives my hair instant perk and body!

I got this as a little bundle with the shampoo and conditioner at Ulta and I am really pleased with it. I usually spray it into my damp hair, add some pomade or paste then blow dry then finish with hair spray. My hair looks and feels thicker and my style lasts all day. It smells nice too which is a plus

total waste of money-i am going to return to the salon-this did absolutely nothing for my straight hair. I agree with the previous reviewer that is just like spraying on residue and build-up. It doesn't even smell good. Whats really gross is if you look inside the bottle it is just white gunk. I realize that I prefer an aerosol root lifter like Rusk that sprays with a fine mist or into a foam.

on 10/22/2010 11:39:00 PM

This is my second time trying Paul Mitchell root lifter. I now realize that previously I did not use enough of it. My hair is baby fine and straight. I am spraying this about every 3 inches after sectioning the hair. What a difference this has made in volume and body. I do also use a small amount of blah, blah, blah from roots to end. After Redken weightlifter was discontinued it was difficult to find something else. I must say this is even more effective than the Redken was and no crunchiness.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool

I must admit this is the first extra body spray I have tried, but I really like it. I have very fine hair, especially at the roots, and a few sprays of this on damp hair, and my roots are visibly thicker.
It does leave a 'hairspray-ish' texture to your hair, but it is nothing to worry about, the effect it gives is worth it.

on 6/25/2010 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I like this thickener. It makes the hair look thicker in the bottom, but you need to blow it dry to get that effect.

It smells soft and fresh, and it's easy to apply.

Receommended.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

To me, simply a bottle of water, if you like to spray on residue, for no effect at all. Perhaps this was only made for people with shorter hair than myself. Even blowdrying upside down, round brush..all those crown lifting tricks..this simply just didnt do a dang thing.

Popular Styling Products