MAC Cosmetics All Lipliners

No Image

3.9

IngredientsHydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Talc, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Japan Fruit Wax, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate Lip pencils may contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Manganese Violet, Carmine, Bismuth Oxychloride, Mica, Red 7 Lake, Red 6, Red 28 Lake, Red 21, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6, Blue 1 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake, Red 30, Red 40 Lake, May Vary.

on 6/26/2016 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I got the shade oak and it looks too light and natural on my comlexion. I'm not that dark but I wished this could show off better, but it is very pigmented. The undertone is a little purple which I dislike. that's not the colour for me.

on 6/10/2016 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I legit forgot how much I hate these lip liners - until I got con'd into purchasing one the other day for the first time in the past 10 yrs. I thought maybe the formulation changed, what could be the harm? Everyone and everything deserves a second chance, right? WRONG. These are just as dry, hard, and crumbly as I remember them to be.

I don't understand how anyone can rave about these. It's a modern age and there are tons of better, softer, and longer lasting liners available all over the globe. Other than color selection, I find nothing redeeming about these.

I have 23 MAC lipliners (some are backups) so I feel qualified to comment on the awesome quality of these! The only pencil that upstages MAC are Chanel's liners (I haven't found any others quite exactly like Chanel Natural & Chanel Nude). Chanel has a brush on one end & comes w a little sharpener (for $31 I don't expect any less!), I have mostly the regular wooden pencils, a handful of ProLongWear pencils & 1 of the DC'ed CremeStick liners (in Buerre, wish they hadn't DC it; it was expensive but worth ev penny! So sad to see CremeSticks go!!). MAC has a ton of colors to choose from lots of nudes which is my fave lip pencil color of all time!... Soft "lead" but can be sharpened to a precise point. A dream to use to over line my lips a big old dose of old fashioned glamour. The ProLongWear pencils are more expensive than the basic wooden pencils but these pencils are so luxe that I wear them alone w MAC Clear Lipglass. Downtown triple crown!!! These are wayyyyy too addictive to collect!! Luckily they're not $$$. Yasss!!! And that's the story, folks!

on 10/19/2015 2:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

pros:
- I bought spice ; very natural appearance
- lipliners lend themselves to easy/precise applications
- extremely pigmented. I'm indian and have two-toned lips. My top lip is completely brown and this covered it up with ease.
con:
- needs to be reapplied after a few hours
- transfers if eating/drinking
- accentuates dry lips

I have to say I love MAC's lipliner in oak I use it all the time to line my lips and I use a lighter nude lipstick for the centre of my lips it's the perfect liner to give the illusion of bigger lips. You can also use a peachy pink lipstick or nude pink even baby pink depends how you want it to look more subtle or dramatic. Its a little pricey but it lasts all day and no lipliners i have tried have as much colour pay off or last as long. I have so much fun trying this with other lipsticks and glosses. I would definitely recommend this. Thumbs up!

on 4/12/2013 4:31:00 AM

The lip liner is kind of hard and dry to apply. I used it together with the mac lipstick (it's really dry too), and they actually made the fine lines more obvious, and made my lips incredibly dry after it disappears. The lasting power isn't that great also. Although I bought the right color for my skin tone, I just don't like the texture of this product, so I ended up giving the mac lip liner and the mac lipstick to my friend.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

About the Pro Longwear Lip Pencil collection:
MAC's website describes the Pro Longwear lip pencil line as "a new generation of longwearing lip pencil technology. Glides on fluidly and adheres instantly. Defines the lips with an instant release of rich, saturated colour. Pro-longs the hours between re-application. Transfer proof." This release of 10 lip pencils came out in fall 2011 and is part of the permanent collection.

Temptalia's review said that this line wears "like iron," 8-10 hours, and that underneath a lipstick, it seemed to add 1-2 hours of additional wear. She also said they were drying when worn alone, required a lip balm underneath, and took some extra make up remover to take off at the end of the day.

I do find this lip pencil line to be more pigmented and creamier than MAC's general lip pencils. It does apply very easily and while it's not moisturizing, it did not emphasize my dry patches (if I prime my lips before), and lasts 4-5 hours, which is very long on my lips. I didn't need anything extra to remove this lip color, it just faded (evenly - yay!) on it's own. I also wore with lip gloss ontop, as by itself it looked kind of flat and like a solid coat of paint.

MAC's website describes In Anticipation as a "soft yellow pink". Temptalia's review calls it "a brightened pink with yellower undertones. It delivers nice even, opaque color. Bobbi Brown Mod Pink is similar but brighter." On my pigmented lips, it looks like a lovely bright pink rose. I love pairing this with MAC's lipstick in Lustering or Laura Mercier's Lip Glace in Rose. Beautifully flattering colors on my complexion. It also goes well with NARS Outlaw blush.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

LOVE LOVE LOVE Macs lipliner in Whirl. It is perfect for most natural looks. I wear it with mac's clear lip glaze and it looks amazing. It also goes with pink and nude lipsticks.

It stays put all day. A great allrounder.

I only have two MAC lipliners to my name....a tragedy that I hope to remedy soon. The one I am writing this review about is a longwear lipliner called "In Anticipation". This is a beautiful,everyday pink for me, and you can pretty much wear any color over this successfully. I love it! It takes my lips from barely there to va va voom! I want one in every color.

I have a couple more lipliners now...the one I wanted to review at the moment is MAC lip pencil in Red...it is a fabulous, traditional red, that I prefer to wear by itself. I have very small lips, and I love to draw way outside the line for huge, old Hollywood style lips quite frequently. This is perfect for those days or nights when I want to feel like Marilyn...

on 12/27/2010 2:49:00 PM

I am giving this a mixed review, because I have found that the quality depends on the color. I love MAC Spice. It is a quality liner that applies well, holds the color without being dry. However, I have also purchased Whirl and another color (can't recall the name), and they are so dry and nearly impossible to get the color to show up on me. I won't risk it anymore...I will continue to buy Spice, but not other shades.

Popular Lip Liners