Clarins Self Tanning Milk SPF 6

3.8

Maybe its just me but i dont like this so much. You do get a natural tan effect, gradually, but i cant stand the smell! Its so strong and awful and it lasts all day long :(
Also it makes me break out :(
Didnt finish my tube, will not be buying this again neither.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Clarins self tanners are the BEST! I already own 6 different kinds from Clarins including this one. This is my 2nd favorite for the body after the delectable body mousse.

Pros:
-GRADUAL self tanning. No dark bronzey/shimmery goop in it either! Do not expect a deep tan overnight. One day=Glow, two days=Glow+slight color and so on. You can put this on and go outside. With my St.Tropez and SUN Laboratories self tanners I had to stay in the house like a creeper not letting anyone see me with greenish dark bronzer slathered on me. Or put it on at night and wake up to my sheets being green/brown. Not with Clarins selfies and this one

-Natural. I never turned orange from this *cough* Jergens! *cough*
-Not sticky or tacky. Does not take forever to dry like some other self tanners.
-NO STRONG SMELL!!!!!!! I should be used to all the self tanners ive smelled but Im not. Clarins makes the least offensive smelling self bronzers out there. There is still a smell and there will ALWAYS be a specific self tanner smell but this is weak and wears off. I confidently wear this in public and Ive never had a problem or anxiety. Smells sort of fresh.

-Comes in a tube

Cons:
-EXPENSIVE.
-Not dark. This is not an overnight/one day bronzer but personally for me, that goes into the pros but you may be impatient and want to be tan overnight because you have an event the next day.

-I dont like Clarins packaging. I dont think its pretty.

Other notes: i dont know why it has spf6. Is that Necessary? Does it even help? I think you can use this on your face as well. I have, i did not have problems, not one breakout.
The name says "milk" but its a thick cream, not milky at all. Maybe for the color; its white.

fair skinned ladies you will love this because its not over the top/strong. I think this was made for y'all. Tan/olive girls: you will love this as well because it enhances your already tan skin, and maintains it! Even tan girls can look sallow and this is great for a boost.

boo hoo - it seems they are discontinuing this .... on a brighter note, I've tried l'oreal sublime bronze gel for fair skin and it is so much less expensive... nice color :)

Self Tanning Milk is really a misnomer, IMO. Milk to me implies a more fluid texture and this is seriously creamy and rich. It hydrates nicely and the scent is not offensive. But it is not as easy to blend as I might like given that it is SO THICK. However, I like the fact it has a little spf, perfect to use on your legs before a day of watching sports outside in shorts or a skirt. I probably would not repurchase because I like the L'Oreal Sublime bronze line better in terms of texture, and for me self tanners are all about texture.

EDIT: the packaging for this sucks. the plastic is very stiff, and fully a third was left when I could literally NOT squeeze any more out the end. I had to use kitchen sheers to cut off the end and dig into ALL THAT PRODUCT with my fingers. I imagine the rest of the product (one to two more applications) will get ruined by exposure. *annoyed*

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After 30 years of searching for the perfect self tanner, I found Clarins. I thought I was ordering the "milk" product, but I was sent GOLDEN GLOW MOISTURIZING BODY LOTION. I am assuming that this is their replacement for the milk. Anyways, I could not be happier. I've tried everything, high and low, and nothing has ever looked as natural as this product. I am light, not porcelain, blonde hair and blue eyes. I dry brush exfoliated and then used this as a lotion. Went on great and dried within 5 minutes. Smell was wonderful and although there was a SLIGHT self tanner smell later in the day, it was only noticeable if I stuck my nose in my arm. Usually I have to take a shower later in the day because I can't stand the smell, not with the Clarins. The color is a very light golden glow, no streaks at all. To build color, you can use daily, but if you are light, then every other day or every 3rd day should be fine. Wears nicely too. Just kind of disappears gradually like a natural tan. Love it....will buy again and it is worth the price.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This product is amazing, gives such a nautral glow!
The only disagvantages are that its very oily and dosn't dry fast at all (but what do you expect), and you don't see an immediate effect. But looks GREAT the next day.
I always rely on it for my natural tan

What I like about this is that it's really easy to apply. It does not have a colour guide, but I've used fake tan for so long now that I do not need one. I actually prefer this type as I can get on with doing other things while my tan is developing, rather than having to stay in the house looking like I've just wrestled in mud! I am NC15-20 and this gives a light golden tan. It looks completely natural with no orange at all. Doesn't look as nice on my face, though I've started to use other tanners specially for that area. The biggest problem with this is that it does not last at all. I get 3 days tops with one application, and because I've tried St Tropez and Xen tan, I'm used to fake tan lasting longer. Would purchase again though, and I have the gel to try as well.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Orange, orange, orange!!! I'm so disappointed. I wanted to buy a quality self-tanner for my sister and myself, as her wedding is on Saturday. She's still in bed, sleeping, so I haven't seen her, but I've taken a shower and I'm still orange this morning after applying it last night. I could've used L'Oreal from a drugstore to have the same result. I'm so angry! Also I washed my hands afterwards, but they still remained orange,so my plams now are draker than my hands!
It didn't smell as bad as some of the cheaper ones.
Unfortunately it doesn't have a color giude. I could've bought the Radiance ST, but it was even more expensive, so I opted for this one, as I trusted Clarins. Well, I hope in the next few days until the wedding we can still fix the problem. Grrrh!

I used to borrow this product from my mum as I didn't want to have to buy it myself! It never made me orange, didn't streak etc. It felt like a creamy moisturiser.

I've tried cheaper self tanners like l'oreal and garnier, but never with as much success as clarins. This product is great too because once you've already got a tan you can use it as a sunscreen as well (spf 6). Although it is fairly expensive you can buy it online for less than retail price... the cheapest I've found are

13.95

15.31

excellent product! didn't look streaky at all once dried and doesn't smell too strong