Marcelle Oil-Free Eye Make-up Remover Lotion

Marcelle Oil-Free Eye Make-up Remover Lotion
Enter Title

2.5

on 2/8/2017 7:50:00 PM

This is the worst eye makeup remover I've ever used. It lathers, it burns, it spreads your liquified eye makeup all around your eyes. I used it once, and after I doused my eyes with cool water to try to stop the burning, I had to use another eye makeup remover to actually remove my eye makeup. I don't know how this stuff made it past the testing phase. If -- for some reason -- you want to put something soapy and painful on your eyes, dish detergent is much less expensive.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm not sure how something that is both tested by Ophthalmologists and Dermatologists can be irritating (as some of the other reviewers indicated), I have not experienced any irritation with this whatsoever. I LOVE Marcelle products - they are extremely gentle and effective. Unlike other eye make up removers I find this one to work like an bi-facil oil type product but without the greasy feeling. It is oil-free, alcohol-free, soap-free, and paraben-free, removes all traces of eye makeup without irritating the eyes or skin around them. Probably the thing I like most about this product is that when I apply mascara after putting on eyeshadow and I get transfer on my lid, a q-tip saturate in this will easily lift off the mascara without taking off my shadow if you do it carefully. This is a huge plus for me as I have deep set hooded eyes and applying any eye makeup can be a b*tch for me. When I remove my eye makeup at the end of the day I apply this to a cotton round and hold on the lid for about 5 second then swipe everything away, including brow pencil/gel, shadow, eyeliner and mascara. I can use just one cotton round for both eyes, it's fantastic. I've purchased a number of bottles and will continue to use this.

on 7/17/2016 2:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I bought this product at a massive warehouse sale for about $6 (the larger bottle). At the sale, I also picked up the similarly-sized bottle of Cleansing Water by Marcelle.

I would never have considered myself to have sensitive eyes or skin but this really stings! I pour some onto a soft cotton pad, hold it against my eyelid and gently wipe off my makeup. It leaves a little bit of foam and really stings. As someone has mentioned before, it has a watery consistency.

I much preferred the cleansing water to this.

I would not recommend this product and for those with sensitive skin, I especially advise you to avoid this remover.

on 6/25/2015 2:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This was an OK makeup remover. Nothing special about it, it removed my makeup fine but I needed a lot of it to remove it. Also, it was hard to use because a lot of it poured out at a time so I had to be ultra careful. I'm not really a fan of it, I'll stick to my Bioderma Sensibio h20.

on 1/27/2013 1:14:00 AM

I bought this because the L'Oreal product that I used to use is irritating my eyes. The Marcelle product easily removed eye shadow and non-waterproof mascara with no stinging.

There are some other positive reviews on the same product under a different product name.

on 10/3/2012 5:13:00 PM

I had high hopes for this makeup remover, but sadly it disappointed me. It's certainly not the worst drug store makeup remover out there, but it is also not the best. When I first purchased this product, it worked like a dream. However, suddenly it started irritating my eyes and what not.

The word lotion is very misleading as the makeup remover has a watery consistency as oppose to a cream/gel consistency.

It does live up to it's claim of not being greasy or oily. It does remove a portion of my eye makeup (pour a bit on a cotton pad, hold it over my eye for a few seconds and then wipe). The price was inexpensive (with $3 off coupon and it was on sale). The bottle says it is fragrance free, although there is a light scent to it and I am fine with it (as it is not overwhelming or smells like chemicals). And mine came in fairly large sized bottle (200 ml, that's a bonus 50ml compared to the usual bottle according to my bottle).

Unfortunately, the makeup remover is not gentle on my eyes at all because it tugs out my eyelashes. It does not effectively remove all traces of my mascara and eyeshadow (with primer) in one go. It irritates my eyes slightly, so I have to wipe my eyes afterwards with a tissue paper, but even then the irritation remains. The packaging is horrible, because you either pour too much or not enough onto the cotton pad (I thought I had seen a flip top but mine didn't come with it). I seriously question how Marcelle is able to claim to be the "No.1 Eye Make-up Remover Brand in Canada" (it's on a sticker on my bottle).

I have to agree with many of the other reviewers here in that this stuff does NOT live up to its promises. It 'claims' to:

Gently and effectively remove all traces of eye make-up
Will not irritate or sting the eyes
No greasy or oily sensation.

Well I guess Marcelle thinks it's ok to make good on one of their claims... this stuff does not leave an oily/greasy residue; but make no mistake, this stuff does hella sting!! And it does NOT effectively remove all traces of eye make-up either! After I've used several soaked cotton pads and my eyes have taken all the pain and abuse they can I still have to go back with another cleanser to get all the leftovers that this crap missed.

It's really a shame since their sister product, Essentials Purity Soothing Cleansing Water is the BOMB at effectively and gently removing eye make-up without stinging the eyes! In fact it's a wonder why they don't promote the Cleansing Water as an eye make-up remover instead and chuck the other one in the trash altogether. Seriously, they need to discontinue it! (IMHO)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This make-up remover makes me feel a lot of things. First, it makes me feel happy, because it does a decent job of removing some of those tougher eye products -- waterproof mascara, gel liner, etc. Then it makes me feel "OH GOD IT BURNS WHY DOES IT BURN."

Seriously, this stuff stings like a mother. I keep using it because it swabs easily onto a q-tip and gets rid of my raccoon eyes. But I won't be repurchasing it, because I don't like feeling like the victim of a mustard gas attack every night when I remove my makeup.

As a side-note, Marcelle has a similar product available: "Gentle Make-Up Remover For Sensitive Eyes." Which I read as, "Oh, this one is for the little wussies who couldn't withstand our super-effective mixture of sulphur and chill peppers. Babies."

on 6/25/2011 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Does not work at all :\ Doesn't fully remove my eyeliner and/or mascara; when I used it, all the black pigments got on the bottom of my eye, and when I tried to remove it with the make up remover, it did NOTHING ): I ended up just switching back to my old make up remover which has never failed me (':

I bought this 2 for 1, so now I'm stuck with 2 full bottles... It'll probably just end up living in the back of my closet till I clean it out (which will probably be, the end of high school ehehh (; )

on 5/23/2011 9:36:00 PM