AVEDA Hana Pure Fume Spirit

No Image

3.1

on 3/16/2007 10:34:00 PM

Woodsy, spicy, herbal, very earthy and aromatic. On my skin, I detect tobacco ash, pine, clove, patchouli, a touch of incense, balsam and maybe licorice. It's a warm, strong fragrance, perhaps a bit masculine, and quite heavy upon initial spray. Dry down is nice, though. I think the spray could be a bit less forceful since this is a very concentrated scent. I was going through a woody, spicy stage when I swapped for this, but I think I'm over it (now into clean, light-but-sweet, feminine scents) now. continued >>

on 2/11/2006 5:48:00 PM

This is an extremely heavy scent, to my nose, both in the bottle and on the skin- I wish the atomizer would spray half the amount. After it fades a bit, however, it's nice- a musky, woody floral. I enjoy it, but I don't think I'll buy another bottle after this one's gone.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I got a coupon in the mail to get a free bottle, so I decided to try Aveda for the first time. The sales associate had me fill out a questionnaire based on my skin type, which was a mix of fire and water elements. The fragrance I ended up getting was a fire one. It's smells like sickly sweet bananas mixed with poison to me. I can't stand it in the bottle; I couldn't imagine what it would be like on my skin. I believe these are regularly priced at $20, which I think it fairly high for the amount of product in the bottle. I am glad I didn't lose money on this and I certainly would not repurchase it. continued >>

on 2/19/2005 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

To me, most Aveda products smell like moss and mud. This one does not change my mind.

on 8/13/2004 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

BLAH. The one I tried on at the store was very fruity and very soft and lovely. So I bought this and when I tried it on at home it was TOO strong, the smell was overwheliming and it smelled like cigarettes. Was disapointed because I love all of Aveda products. The bottle was cute the price wasn't too expensive but when it came down to the main point: the scent it was just terrible :(

I wanted to like this but it nauseates me and gives me a headache. There's something in it that smells like burning plastic.

on 10/19/2003 8:16:00 AM

My favorite Aveda, used to wear it religously.....hhmmmm, maybe I'll start again..., great fall scent :)

on 9/20/2003 7:20:00 PM

I love this scent (more than Aveda's Purefume "Love" scent lol) and will be purchasing my second bottle soon.

I leave the small size bottle in my bag so I can freshen up at work with a squirt or two. 'Tis a sweet scent and just a dab will do you. I find that it mixes well with other scents (if you're a combiner like me).

A sweet, light, NATURAL floral that doesn't give me a headache. A coworker said it was evocative of clean laundry still hot from the dryer. I like clean & sweet fragrances, but not the overpowering and artificial. It lacks the earthy/patchouli and sharp/citrusy notes in other Aveda fragrances. It's fairly uncomplicated--smells the same from first spraying to dry down. Somewhere between Kenzo Flower, but without the violet, and Shalimar, but much softer & less complicated. If you like those two, you may like Hana.

on 8/4/2003 5:45:00 PM

I have the Pure-Fume Essence, and though I'm usually a fan of sandalwood perfumes, this one has top and heart notes that are just too sweet to go well with the base. It just misses the mark.