3.5

price range

Reviews

1.0

14 years ago

The one that comes in the brush dispenser is dreadful. The powder itself is okay but the brush is of such poor quality that there are literally black hairs everywhere whenever I use it. Never again. The packaging on most of their products is pretty yet totally flimsy in the end. Wish they would work on it as they make some good products.

About reviewer (47 reviews)

Age36-43

HairBrown

EyesBrown

14 years ago

EXCELLENT. i think this is my new hg loose powder, i bought this in rose chic today and it is fantastic! super finely milled and has some coverage for a loose powder, evens out skin tone and keep face a radiant matte finish that looks fresh all the way from 1pm-11pm in hot humidity. not drying at all and it does not oxidise! there's a strong scent in the pot which i'd rather not have , but after pressing it onto my face with the puff given, and brushing off excess with a large powder brush, the scent goes away after awhile. this beats my previous KP HG ( dryed me out after 1 yr++ of use) and mac select which is better kept for dryer days or colder weather.

About reviewer (41 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other

HairBrown

EyesBrown

14 years ago

I'm reviewing the loose powder in the round container with the sponge, and NOT the one that comes with the little brush. It's called Poudre exquise. I bought this some time ago and it seems to have been discontinued meanwhile. It came in two colours, i think (anyway I only saw two colours in the shop): Translucent, and Rosé chic. I got it in Rosé chic. It's lovely and makes me rosier, and has lasted for years and years (30g for a cheapish price). However the packaging sucks, and when you raise the lid powder puffs out at you and gets all over. The powder itself is lovely, though. Smarter and more effective people would efficiently transfer the powder to a friendlier container, but I live with the puffing. So it gets 4 stars for decent powder in a crappy box.

About reviewer (55 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone

HairBlack

EyesBlack

2.0

15 years ago

Like some of the other reviewers said: great in concept, but not necessarily in reality. The brush itself is really scratchy and harsh. It does shed a little bit of the bristles on my face, too. The powder itself is over-fragranced. I think the powder works just like an average powder--not too matte or cakey. It's hard to tell, though, seeing how it goes on so lightly. The brush only distributes a tiny bit of powder. Another thing I don't like is how hard it would be to wash the brush. I would have to dump out all the powder into a clean container, and then hope that washing it out wouldn't somehow make the brush fall apart (or grow mold) or something. This product is really great for "on the go" applications, but they would need to revamp it completely before I would consider repurchasing. <p> EDIT: I should mention that I have the older version of this product. Mine has white bristles and peach-colored packaging. I don't know if there's any other difference between the older kind and the newer kind, but I thought I should mention it.

About reviewer (462 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

15 years ago

The Bourjois Translucent free powder is a product I have been using since I was 15... I love its smell (friends who would enter the room after I put it on would ask what my lovely perfume is), but beware : its box is absolutely awful to use. It is usually broken before I finish it and don't event think about travelling with it! you'll find powder all over your suitcase! I must though say it is one of my basics, gives a very natural look and doesn't dry your skin out (believe me I have dry skin and I am very sensitive to agressive powders). Considering its price, I find it as good as the legendary Leclerc free powder. And please, to any of you girls who still use foundation, forget about it and switch to free powder, the result is so much nicer!

About reviewer (30 reviews)

HairBlond

16 years ago

Love the product, hate the packaging. I have this in abricot transparent, a good match for my pale yellow-toned skin. I actually like the very slight iridescence; it seems to reflect the light and prevent my very dry skin from looking too matte. I also enjoy the retro fragrance (reminiscent of Bourjois' classic Soir de Paris); whilst I do see that it might not be to everyone's taste, it adds to a general sense of boho-ish glamour. So, four lippies it is. ... where it all falls down, however, is the packaging. The concept of powder in a brush is a good one, but this doesn't quite make the grade; for a start, it's hard to figure out how to start using it - I ended up dismantling mine by mistake, and had a highly frustrating time putting it back together. Secondly, as the previous reviewer pointed out, it looks as though the brush would be difficult to clean (as you can't remove it); didn't realise this before I bought it, otherwise I might not have bothered. Finally, since you can't shut off the flow of powder to the brush, it would be ill-advised to carry this in your bag, unless you want to end up with a powder bomb like those Fathers for Justice pelted Tony Blair with. The maddening thing is, I probably will buy this again as I have a hard time finding powder that doesn't make me look dried out; however since it's no more convenient in the long run than ordinary loose powder, perhaps Bourjois would consider making a boxed version?

About reviewer (40 reviews)

Age30-35

HairBlack

EyesGreen

2.0

16 years ago

This product seems to do a decent job of matifying the face, but the fragrance is so overwhemingly strong and sweet. Even worse, the scent lingers, and I imagine that this is what Grandma's big old powder dispenser used to smell like back in the 20s.

About reviewer (319 reviews)

Age

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Curly, Coarse

EyesGreen

3.0
from

16 years ago

Ok I have mixed feelings for this one. This is the powder in the brush one. First of all, the packaging is not the best. At the very beginning I had to waste a lot of product because I didn't see it coming out of the tube. You have the powder at the bottom of the tube and at the end of it the brush. When I finally saw the powder getting out I dusted it on me face and endep up having lots of the brush hairs on my face ! After a month of using it is that I can finally see the powder getting out properly and I see a nice finish on my face, but after all the troublesome usage and considering that the price is not the cheapest 15 Euros !! I won't be buying it again.

About reviewer (27 reviews)

SkinOther

HairOther

EyesOther

18 years ago

I like this powder and it does the job that it is supposed to- keeping my skin matte. But it is a little expensive for a bourjois product and the powder seems a little sparkly although it is not very noticeable. I think the dispenser is good and it is also my first loose powder so i dont really have anything to compare it to, so i think in general it is good but maybe they should lose the sparkle.

About reviewer (260 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinSensitive, Other, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

from

19 years ago

I do enjoy this powder, but the packaging is not the best- the powder gets all over everything...I have this in Translucent and it does a good job of keeping my face matte!

About reviewer (53 reviews)

SkinNormal