MAC Blot Powder - Medium/Dark

4.4

on 8/17/2017 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I wanted to like this one. Used it once and it didn't absorb any oiliness on my face.
Returned it and excahnged for MakeUp Forever Ulta HD instead.

on 12/12/2016 7:34:00 AM

Although the color I use is called Medium/Dark, it is quite a light, translucent powder. It is somewhat hard to the touch and it doesn't look as if the brush picks up much product, however it works fine. It reduces the oil and shine and does not look heavy. I think I wouldn't replace it simply because I'd like to try some other product.

I have oily, NC30-35 skin and in natural light the shade "Medium Dark" works for my skin tone. This product is honestly just meh. I used this as a setting powder and for oil touchups throughout the day. The first application is not bad if you apply with a light hand but this powder will catch onto any slightly dry spots and emphasize them.

However, the problem comes when you use this for touchups. My oil breaks out after 4 hours and repeat applications (even after using oil blotting sheets) caked up on my face. It's not noticeable from far away but I leaned in close to the mirror I saw that I had that dreaded powdered and flaky look. Also, under fluorescent bathroom lighting my face had an unpleasant white cast that could only be attributed to this powder as I had nothing else on my face. Comes in the classic sturdy MAC compact with a mirror and a puff. I wouldn't repurchase.

on 2/15/2016 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this pressed powder in Medium Dark about 2 years ago. Surprisingly, for being NC30-35, they call this shade Medium Dark which matches. I'm thinking their shade names are not quite accurate as I'm usually a light medium or a medium. But anyway, this product comes in a standard MAC package. Matte black snap with a mirror at the top and comes with a cushion pad to apply the product (which I don't use). The product itself is matte as well. No shimmer. I use this as a setting powder over my makeup. It does mattify the face and has not caused any breakouts on my face. It matches my face color well. Didn't notice any odd colors and/or oxidation with the product. I didn't detect any smell either. This is mainly my travel pressed powder and it does hold my oiliness at bay. Occasionally I would blot again throughout the day, but it is well controlled I find. Overall, I think this is a good pressed powder. I would probably repurchase if there weren't so many options out in the market. I currently have 4 setting powders so repurchasing any anytime soon won't be a problem. But I would recommend others to try :)

on 12/28/2015 4:48:00 PM

Firstly I really like this product, I have acne prone skin that looks oily very quickly and this helps to mattify my skin throughout the day. Repeated application is definitely needed (for me at least anyway) however even without reapplication i'm left with only a dewy look rather than an oil slick. Additionally it does not look even a little bit cakey, even with heavy application (hard to do with such a fine, pressed powder - unlike many other blotting products).
As I apply my makeup quite heavily (to cover scars and hyper-pigmentation) it often rubbed off on clothes when I hugged people or guys faces if I kissed them (clearly not ideal), this prevented any noticeable transferring of my makeup, and with retouching even felt matte and non-tacky when touching my face.
I bought this in medium/dark despite being very pale because I often find blotting powders to be too pale and then I look like a ghost. It was definitely the right decision because despite having a slight colour its a fairly transparent product.
Its expensive, but for me, I haven't found another product that covers all my criteria (shine control, doesn't break me out, non-cakey, easily portable, touch proof) as well as this one does.
Will be repurchasing when I've run out.

on 12/28/2015 2:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

THE BEST mattifying powder I've ever used! I've tried Sephora brand mattifying powder and MUFE hd translucent powder but the lasting power were really shitty, nothing come close to MAC blot.

This is the last step in my makeup application, lightly brushed with a kabuki brush and it lasts 5 hours before the oils start peeking thru my t-zone. For reference i'm NC25 - NC30 and Medium/Dark is perfect for my skin. Prior to this I was using Medium and always wondered why I looked so chalky. Turns out the shade runs lighter.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this powder! I apply this to my t-zone once my makeup is set. It lasts all day for me. We were moving for 7-8 hrs in the summer sun, 100% humidity, no winds/fan/a.c and I looked exactly the same as I did 8 hrs prior. No exaggerations, no touch ups, no nothing..My bf said it was amazing lol because my body was drenched in sweat but my face was matte and makeup perfect. Thanks Mac for keeping a girl cute straight through moving houses in the hot summer heat.

on 7/13/2015 5:47:00 AM

Great product. Sets my oily T zone without looking cakey or too powdery and obvious. It even leaves a somewhat satiny finish on my dewy foundation, its not overly matte which is great because I hate the unnatural flat matte look you get from most blot powders (looking at you rimmel/maybelline)

Apart from the lovely natural finish it also has great lasting power. I've already repurchased once and will repurchase again in the future :)

on 11/6/2014 1:48:00 PM

oh man do i ever hate this stuff, i dont even know where to start.

First and far most importnat, this did nothing for my oily skin, in fact i think it made it worse. It just sat on my skin all heavy and cake looking i also found this stuff to just cakes on my skin no matter how little i put on or what brush i use (brushes used: stippling brush, powder puff, powder brush).

I remember vowing to never buy any MAC cosmetics that i would put directly on my skin because my skin always seems to have a problem with anything in that respect, and this product is no different. Not two days later i had 2 pretty huge pimples that took a few days to go away.

Returned this product right away. I am now using Nars pressed powder which is HG.

best product I've ever found for my oily skin that loves to quite literally eat foundation & it has NO TALC which is amazing and surprisingly super hard to find in a powder; now if they could only make this same formula but in a powder foundation with no talc! as talc breaks me out so bad every time and I've been using this for a week now and it has yet to irritate my skin; also it keeps my foundation perfect for 12 hours with one touch up which is amazing plus even when you touch up it NEVER looks cakey this is a magic product I swear lol