Palladio Herbal Dual Wet & Dry Foundation

3.0

1 review

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I just may be on the something here. I do not think it is quite HG, but for the price it is far ahead of the pack.

In the past for foundation I have tried various medium and full coverage cream and liquids and I always feel like I have on makeup and every few hours it looks like its melting and fading and I'm worried it will rub on my clothes. It is a nightmare so I usually do not bother. What I want is basically MFBB and my previous experiences with foundation have pretty much left my face with this kinda "new me" look. My original color is gone, and I feel totally made up. Not ugly, just a little weird for me when I just want to look natural most of the time.

What I find with this Palladio is a nice, matte finish that allows my natural color to show through. It is buildable coverage and I have built it up to somewhere between light and medium using the wet technique. It takes a great deal of reapplication to get to medium, but I don't mind because it does not look mask-like. My acne scars get camouflaged, not completely hidden, but I still look my true skin color which I love. I am knocking off a lippie for a lack of color selection and very slight ashiness that goes away after a few minutes. If they had a few more, warmer color options on the dark side I would be better off. But I do like how this feels on my face. Basically I cannot feel it on my face and applying it wet leaves a nice cooling sensation.

I will come back with an update on how it lasts, but so far it has lasted everywhere, except my uncontrollably oily nose. It is now 11am and I applied at 7am. Generally by this time, my cream mouse foundation + primer + setting spray has started to kinda separate and settle into my large pores. But with this Palladio stuff I still look matte and, dare I say, airbrushed??

UPDATE+++++so excited to see you can order online from palladiobeauty.com where they have more colors including a color called toasted almond that looks warmer and better for me so I will be ordering soon and providing updated review UPDATE+++++so I ordered from Palladiobeauty.com where it says to expect 7 to 14 business days for delivery, BUT I just got an email and my order has already shipped...yea!!...the toasted almond color looks muddy when applied wet...ick! However the toasted almond color looks the same as dark mocha when applied dry

UPDATE++++215pm and still matte...only 1 dry touchup all day so far...i'm loving it!.....so this pretty much holds up to an 8 hour day with minimal touch up needed on combo skin...of course it was no match for my oiliest part, my nose.

This is a keeper to use on top of my liquid or cream. When applied heavier than medium it looks dreadfully ashy and mask-like so I will only use it for blotting and setting.