Palladio Beauty Herbal Dual Wet & Dry Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Olive

4.2

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Running late for work? Errands to run, kids to look after, little time to spare on makeup but you still want to look put together" for the day? This product is your friend then! I've used this powder foundation over 1- plain moisturized face 2- a BB cream (I use Lorea'l), and it comes out beautiful. I've used it wet and dry but I prefer dry because it covers all that I need covered and it evens out my complexion to my satisfaction. You can apply it with the sponge that comes in the compact or with a foundation brush, either way it works great. This gem has saved the day for me when I'm in a hurry and barely have time to put my shoes on before locking the front door :) If you get the wrong shade no problem! take it back to Ulta or Sally's and they'll gladly exchange it for you. I no longer pay department store prices for powder foundation!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Love this foundation. I use it dry and have not used it wet but will definitely give it a try soon. This foundation is dirt cheap yet work wonderfully. Evens skin tone, does not cake and gives a natural airbrush look. Can look powdery depending on your tools so BE CAREFUL. If you use a brush that is not stiff enough, then it just sits on skin. However, with the right brush (I use bareminerals flawless application face brush) you will be in love.

It only comes in 6 shades but the beige one is perfect for my skin tone. If you can find a match, get this product!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I really like this! I ended up getting this for free; I had a $5 off of $10 coupon at Ulta, and it was on sale for $4.99. I usually use Revlon Colorstay but its a little heavy for everyday, so I grabbed this remembering it got good reviews on here. Beautiful coverage and finish on my combo, extra sensitive skin, plus no irritation! I got it in cypress beige, and while it could be a bit more yellow, it still looks good in natural light. I think the neutrality of the foundation helps me pull off more colors too.

EDIT: This is my new HG. All of my little clogs that have plagued me forever are GONE. Liquid foundation was probably the culprit. No new big bumps either! I have gotten compliments on my skin for the first time in a while. This can go on a little powdery but in about half an hour it sets to the most natural, beautiful satiny finish while still covering!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I tried this looking for something similar to Aveda's wet/dry powder. I've used it for about 3 days now & I love it! It really controls oil, I barely have to blot or reapply throughout the day. The price is much better than the Aveda powder. I chose Laurel Nude & it is just about perfect. I still have to use a separate concealer under my eyes but even with that I get almost no creasing or settling into the fine lines. Best powder I've ever used!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Love it! One of the best foundations I've ever used, and one of the cheapest. One reason I love this because it is EASY. I usually just put it over my moisturizer/primer and then set with fix+. Done. Takes under 2 minutes. Takes SO much less time than liquid foundation and actually looks more natural. I don't usually wear powder foundations because I have dry skin and I feel they often make my skin more dry. This, however, is not drying at all, (even when applied dry).

This product is NOT full coverage, so if that is something you want/need, look elsewhere. I personally like that this is light/medium coverage, as this is what I feel I need/look the best in. It evens out skin tone. If you have spots to cover you will still need a concealer. Just apply it with your brush of choice (or the little sponge it comes with, it is actually decent). I use a Sonia Kashuk blending sponge, this works well.

I noticed several reviewers say that it oxidized/turned orange on them. This is not an issue I have experienced with this product, I think it may just have that reaction on certain people's skin?

Give it a shot! Oh and for reference I got Cypress Beige and I am NC30 (This seemed to be the reviewer consensus for match) but I feel it is just SLIGHTLY too light on me, I usually have to darken with bronzer after applying this. I'm hoping the next shade up isn't too dark, I am definitely going to buy it. Great product.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Yes, I will definitely repurchase. Not entirely happy with the color selection, but I can make it work for me, simply because everything else about this stuff is awesome. I'd rather go a little more pale, and jazz up my face with color, so I'm sticking with the Laurel Nude. I wish there was a color just a tint darker, and I'm not quite sure what I'll do about that in the summer. Stay out of the sun, I guess! I've just hit pan on this and will be running out to buy more. I need a lot of coverage and this is perfect.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I LOOOOOOOVEd this foundation. I say lovED because like I've said before, my skin gets used to everything and begins to reject it. But this foundation I actually bought twice, and after a while I will buy it again. GREAT coverage, matte finish, keeps oily shine away, easy to apply, beautiful colours, it really is just wonderful. I imagine it might be a little too powdery for girls with dry skin and the coverage too dark for people with beautiful complexions. But for everyone else, you gotta try this! =)

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral

So last week I saw Makeup Alley come out with a Dupe List for high-end brands and this was compared to as a dupe for Lancome's Dual Finish. Since Lancome Dual Finish has been on my wishlist for months, I decided to read the reviews on the Palladio powder. Some of the reviews mentioned that the formula seems to have changed and the shading is a bit off and/or darker than the previously purchased versions. Keeping this in mind, I went to the closest Sally Beauty Supply store and found Cypress Beige which appeared to be a close match but based on reviews I knew it may show up darker. I had a feeling that the Laurel Nude might be a better match but I would start with Cypress. It turned out exactly as it was described, having a bit of an off-shade and if I had to describe it best, I would say that it is almost a bit of a muted beige having some slightly grey undertones. I can see how this would be off-putting to someone with warm tones but work for someone with neutral to cool tones. I decided to re-purpose it into a contouring powder and I am actually pleased with the results. Usually when I contour, shades tend to have a bit of a bronzey brownish-orange hue to them and if I wear blush with it, the combination of bronze and pink tends to give off a bit of an unnatural and overly done cheek. I decided to use Palladio's muted greyish tones to give off a more naturally shaded than made up appearance. For the most natural look, I apply the powder alone to the contour areas and this has become my everyday office look. For my heavier contoured looks, I apply my regular contour shades and then blend it out with this powder to soften it a bit and the lines become undetectable. The consistency of the powder itself is actually nice as it doesn't show up chalky on the skin and it's just the right amount of matte without being too matte. I tried it wet and it dries so fast that it went on streaky and didn't give me enough play time to blend it out. My face ended up looking dirty so I just stick to applying it dry. I'm going to try the Laurel Nude next and will follow-up with a review on that later.

**UPDATE JUNE 15, 2015: I bought the Laurel Nude over the weekend and tried it out. It's actually very nice and natural but it has some slightly pink tones that are not so bad but would look more amazing on pinkish/reddish skin tones. I don't think I would compare it to a high coverage powder foundation like Lancome Duo Mat (not that I have tried it) but I would actually closely compare it to being an almost bang-on dupe for the M.A.C. Mineralize Skin Finish. It doesn't go on heavy so it's a perfect finishing touch over foundation. It's actually great for going to the store to run an errand or going to the gym where you don't want to look made up but just enough coverage to look natural. It seems to cover just enough without looking like I'm wearing makeup. If only Palladio could come up with a yellow based shade this would be a perfect 10 for me.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I've only worn this once, but WOW! Excellent coverage for a powder foundation. I only used concealer under my eyes & this powder & my skin looked flawless. It lasted a long time too. I had some oil break through after a few hours but that always happens to me. I have an olive complexion & was happy with the color selection, it didn't look grey/muddy on my skin. I will definitely repurchase!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have really oily skin so i usually dont go for liquid or cream foundations, i bought this foundation in bronze wd405 which matched my skin great, though in the winter time i would probably have to get a lighter shade. The foundation went on smooth and the sponge it came with was pretty soft, it covers well and hides the shine on my face and even when i sweat alot, most of it stays on which is great considering that its summertime, it doesn't irritate my skin or make me breakout, palladio sells alot of great products including their rice powder which is great for going over foundation, so i wasn't suprised when this powder foundation worked for me, its about 10 dollars in a beauty supply store and the store i bought it at had testers, i would still google to see if you can catch a sale online or in certain drugstores. Overall its a great product!

UPDATE: had to buy a darker shade, for some reason after two weeks the shade seemed really light on me had to go one darker.