Palladio Herbal Dual Wet & Dry Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Tan

4.4

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Better than MAC studiofix and every other sun par foundation Ive wasted my money on over the years.After using this everything else sucks in comparison.It matches my pale yellow undertoned nc20 skin flawlessly.Its lightweight and has great coverage.An added bonus is my skim has cleared up immensely since using this.The price is perfect about $11 at Sallys.Just great stuff all around.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

First off, this powder foundation can be worn alone or as a finishing powder. If used as a finishing powder, you'll get some extra coverage, too! So onto my experience: I've been using the shade Neroli Bronze for my medium/tannish skin. It gives a matte finish that looks natural. The coverage if light. If you have very slight discoloration, it will even it out nicely, however it will not work for people with acne or acne marks, because of the sheer coverage.
You'll have to use a concealer under it for coverage and you can set it with this powder and it'll look absolutely gorgeous! But if you like more fuller coverage foundations, this is not the one for you. It is for people with fairly good skin.
For me, I use concealer for my dark circles and spot marks and then I put this on top and my skin looks gorgeous and even.
You can use it wet if you want more coverage, but I don't like the idea of putting a damp sponge into the powder and then dipping it back in if I need more. Not too sanitary.
It doesn't last very long though, and my skin tends to feel a little bit greasy after a while, even though I do NOT have oily skin. I'd give it 6 hours till it starts looking bad. I took off a lippie for those two cons.
But, overall, it's a good powder foundation and I'd recommend it to anyone who needs a cheap powder that they don't need to wear all day long :) OH, AND DON'T FORGET TO PRIME! ^_^

Pros:
-makes skin look even
-wakes up the skin
-the coverage is good for a powder

Cons:
-doesn't last long
-skin gets greasy after a few hours of wear.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral

I've tried quite a few foundation powders out there, from drugstore to lux brands. I decided to give this one a try after seeing the lovely reviews about this product. I dropped by at my local Sally Beauty Supply and found it there, although the color that I was looking for (Everlasting Tan) was sold out -.- I ended up going with 'Neroli Bronze' which was one shade darker. I tried it both wet and dry format and it seemed a little bit dark =/ So I ended up going back to Sally's and exchanged it since they had 'Everlasting Tan' finally. The coverage was amazing both wet and dry. I use it with 'Philosophy's The Present' primer, buff it on with a kabuki brush, then take my beauty blender and wet it with water then seal it with the dampness. The finish is amazing! Lasts all day too! I didn't have to touch up as much either! Only complaint is the color range, not that many choices for all you ladies out there. It was a tiny bit lighter on my but I just slap on my bronzer and i'm good to go for the day! Love it!

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Really like this product-I normally buy MAC studio fix powder foundation. I didn't want to go to the mall and decided to try this after reading reviews. I apply it wet with the E.L.F. wet & set misting spray on my kabuki brush. It works great! Has good coverage but looks natural, doesn't cake. I buy it @ sallys with my sallys card for about $8.00. Will definatly continue to buy instead of MAC!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I find this to be pretty reliable. Not bad for a powder foundation- it offers pretty good coverage, tones down a lot of the acne scarring. The only thing I'm not sure about are the shades. For the most part I guess they are forgiving, but sometimes they look a little brown. I feel as I continue to wear it throughout the day, it kinda starts blending anyway so it's not a huge deal. The finish..to me it's a fine line between natural and matte. It doesn't cake or pool, which is nice, and it does stay on. I still need to use blotting powder after a few hours, but that's with any foundation pretty much. I stopped using the sponge, which I liked but got too dirty, and use a brush instead. I wasn't sure how I felt about this but it's easy and I tend to reach for it most days (especially when I'm lazy!) so I think I would get it again, no reason not to!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This powder is fabulous! I just bought it in everlasting tan, and it stays put and makes my skin look glowy after a little bit of wear. Can't wait
To see how it holds up in the summer...but
For now I've been getting a ton of compliments on my skin! Way better than the Clinique or MAC studiofix, and cheaper too...

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

All I can say is that this product is Amazing!! As many women have mentioned I have used MAC's studio fix for the past 3 years, around the time I stopped using liquid foundations but still needed a moderate amount of coverage. Finally my compact broke, as it always does, well before I am able to finish its contents and I hesitantly purchased the Palladio dual foundation as a temporary replacement (or so I thought). Though there were no testers available (at the Rack) I opened up the package with the shade on the outside of the box I felt closely resembled my skin tone and swiped some across my wrist. It felt very comparable to the MAC and blended perfectly with my coloring, a surprise since I have yellow undertones and frequently find many products to appear too pink. I took it home, removed my make-up and started fresh with a full, dry application of the Palladio powder and was instantly impressed by how well and flawlessly it went on and its ability to conceal my problem areas without highlighting the dryness of my face. It is by far the best best powder concealer I have found (and I've tried everything from Chanel to MAC) and for a fraction of the cost. I will be purchasing this exclusively from now on and am so happy I found it!!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this in Cypress beige from Sally's after reading that it was a great MAC studio fix powder alternative and I've been using it for several weeks now.
It's been great so far, which makes me happy since warmer weather is coming in my neck of the woods and I hate using liq foundation during the summer.
This product takes away shine, doesn't break me out (MAC blot powder broke me out), and has pretty good coverage. It doesn't last the whole day, but long enough for my needs. I don't use the sponge it comes with and wish the packaging was a lil slimmer, but I just use an eco tools powder brush with it and deal with the size.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought Palladio Wet/Dry powder in WD 407 Rich Mocha on a whim because it was on sale for 20 AED (around 6 USD), and though too dark for my NC30-35 skin as a face powder, it is my HG nose and cheek contouring powder. Especially for the nose. I can use a variety of bronzers/eyeshadows/blushes to sculpt my cheeks, BUT I have not found anything else that looks as natural on my (oily, big-pored) nose as this one. I just swipe this along the sides of my nose with the corner of a sponge, and hooray, I have a bridge! Love it. I'm too lazy to try out other brands, though I am curious about NYX taupe, MAC wedge/emote, etc, but if it works, why change it? This will last me for a while, and when I run out, I do see myself buying it again. Packaging is kind of clunky though, so depotted (depanned?) it into a more compact face powder case, the easier to bring along with me for instant face sculptey goodness.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I am a fair complexioned, African-American woman (multi-racial), with EXTREMELY OILY ACNE PRONE skin. Because of my unique coloring (pale tan w/golden-yellow undertones in winter & lightly bronzed tan w/golden undertones in summer), most foundations geared towards AA are too dark or too "pigmented" and foundations geared towards CA are too pale, too "dusty" looking or require mixing (expensive). I'd resorted to ordering foundation (Hazel Matte) from a company based out of India (Lakme) because theirs was the best color match, best formulations for oily skin, warm weather climates, etc. Bare Escentuals is great but I had to purchase 3 jars to mix in order to get the right color match and it always makes me sneeze immediately after use. After reading the reviews on this website, I decided to give Palladio a try. Because of the price, I'd always assumed it was a low-end, underachieving product. BOY WAS I WRONG!!! I purchased color WD405. IT'S A PERFECT COLOR MATCH for my summer complexion (tan)! The texture is wonderful (I apply it dry). It goes on very dry looking but takes on a natural dewy look after about 30 to 40 minutes. It's maintained my very oily skin with a matte/dewy finish. It's done an excellent job covering my old acne scarring which I'm currently lightening with Exuviance Intense Lightening Complex (wonderful product). I didn't even use a primer or concealer and it's maintained its color (didn't darken), it's coverage (no fade-out), it's texture. We had 90+ degree temps today and I only had to go over it with the translucent rice paper ONCE! It's now 10:48pm and my face still looks great. It looks amazingly natural. I don't even look like I'm wearing foundation. I have rather large pores in my t-zone and foundation has always seemed to settle in this area and 'age' me, but this is the first time I've experienced a foundation not settling into my t-zone (without my smashbox primer).

This is an excellent product. After reading the reviews about the concealer and the other products, I will be going to Sally's tomorrow to purchase MANY MORE items.

Thank you 'Makeupalley' members for your reviews and thorough descriptions of products. I would have never found this wonderful foundation if it had not been for your reviews. EDIT: This lasts longer & looks better & works better when used without primer. Go figure.... continued >>